JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What could he give us that we don't have?
Did you not read what I wrote? I mentioned one issue specifically. He could have also been forceful in addressing state laws that violate national laws. I am sure just the small group of people on this board could come up with hundreds of things they would have loved to see done.

I will add one thing that Bush did do for gun owners that had slipped my mind. He could have done it in a less underhanded way, but he did help lay the footing for CC in national parks. That was one of the few times I had to say "Good for you..ya' dead-behind-the-eyes lil' moron. You finally did something right." Not enough to make up for all that other stuff...but at least it is something.

Obama was left with such a complete mess that I doubt he will even have time to think about the 2A during his term.

Typical apologist answer!

The only truly 2A friendly part of our governing bodies in this nation have been the "liberal" courts.

Who are these "liberal courts" you speak of Kemosabe? that is an all encompassing broad stroke you just took with that pen.

All the major victories and advancements made in the pro-gun movement have been made though legal action.

Where else would they be made?

There have been no real victories from law makers outside of castle doctrine laws in a long time.

I fail to see where that makes your point. :s0131:

Obama was left with such a complete mess that I doubt he will even have time to think about the 2A during his term.

The only truly 2A friendly part of our governing bodies in this nation have been the "liberal" courts. All the major victories and advancements made in the pro-gun movement have been made though legal action. There have been no real victories from law makers outside of castle doctrine laws in a long time.

I agree.

Typical apologist answer!
Wow, you really just outed yourself with that one. You love to try and pretend to be "middle of the road" or "fair" when in fact you are anything but.

Just what would I be apologizing for?
Who are these "liberal courts" you speak of Kemosabe? that is an all encompassing broad stroke you just took with that pen.
Gee...I guess irony is something else you do not understand.
Where else would they be made?
How about through legislative action? That might be a good place. People on your side are always screaming that they do not want courts "legislating" the law.
I fail to see where that makes your point.
You mean the same way you fail to see how transparent you tactic of trying to portray your far right and biased rhetoric as the middle and therefore discredit anything left of you as being extreme really is to anyone reading it?

That would make me happy also but I don't see it happening under any president, other than President Trlsmn that is :s0155:

BTW I shot a full auto Tantal today!

Yeah, on reflection I doubt even president cameronhu would do something like that. Some of the folks I see in Target have no business with a weapon. So much for my ideals...

Full auto Tantal, eh? Very cool. I was shooting my new XDM this afternoon and couldn't help thinking, " There went another $7" every time I emptied a magazine. I guess I have nothing to bubblegum about ;)

Yeah, on reflection I doubt even president cameronhu would do something like that. Some of the folks I see in Target have no business with a weapon. So much for my ideals...

Full auto Tantal, eh? Very cool. I was shooting my new XDM this afternoon and couldn't help thinking, " There went another $7" every time I emptied a magazine. I guess I have nothing to bubblegum about ;)

5.45 is actually quite inexpensive (.12 a round) thought it goes fast in full auto. I don't get to shoot a full auto rifle often so when I get a chance I don't mind going through half a tin. :p

Playboy you are making this more about what I am (irrelevant) and not about the point we are arguing, I suggest you take a time out and come back fresh in the morning. ;)

Playboy you are making this more about what I am (irrelevant) and not about the point we are arguing ,I suggest you take a time out and come back fresh in the morning.
No, I am simply pointing out your obvious tactic of trying to make your opinion more credible by pretending to be a centrist and then repeatedly trying to muddy the waters by claiming that people are not addressing questions that have been addressed and trying to pretend no point was made and hoping that if you say it enough some people might believe you. The weakness in that approach is that it is often so easy to see through and hard for the truly biased to maintain...like when you made the "apologist" remark.

No, I am simply pointing out your obvious tactic of trying to make your opinion more credible by pretending to be a centrist and then repeatedly trying to muddy the waters by claiming that people are not addressing questions that have been addressed and trying to pretend no point was made and hoping that if you say it enough some people might believe you. The weakness in that approach is that it is often so easy to see through and hard for the truly biased to maintain...like when you made the "apologist" remark.

I'm not pretending to be a centrist I am one! You have a habit of making points that have no relevance to to subject matter, If I don't point it out the argument ends up heading in another direction that really demands a new thread specific to the new topic.

Off topic but if you think I am a Republican and not a centrist throw out some questions on my views and I wil give you an honest answer

When you put up that kind of post I can't help but hear the throngs of BHO drones using that as an excuse when "Change" doesn't happen. To me a leader doesn't make excuses or place blame he leads.

I'm not pretending to be a centrist I am one!
Not even close. Your posts and the way you approach subjects shows that clearly. No one in the center would be angered by someone not being mad at Obama or recognizing the mess he was left with. He was left with one of the worst messes in our country's history and has done nothing truly bad enough to be angry with him over...unless you get your facts and marching orders from the likes of Rush.

Not even close. Your posts and the way you approach subjects shows that clearly. No one in the center would be angered by someone not being mad at Obama or recognizing the mess he was left with. He was left with one of the worst messes in our country's history and has done nothing truly bad enough to be angry with him over...unless you get your facts and marching orders from the likes of Rush.

My posts clearly show I have my own values and my own political views. Like I said put up the political views questions, here's your chance, put up or shut up, it's all on you!

The only Rush I listen to is Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson, Neil Peart.

Rush + Keith Oberman + Bill Oreily = Blow Hards

No list no questions no proof just statements, you're becoming an insufferable bore!

Pick out what you want to address ignore the rest.
I guess you really get bored when someone points out your hypocrisy. You are not a centrist. Stop misusing the term. You are a right winger...and if anyone is an "apologist" it is you and your fellow Bushies who try to pretend and hold him accountable while actually defending him and attacking anyone that dares actually hold him accountable for being as bad as he was.

I guess you really get bored when someone points out your hypocrisy. You are not a centrist. Stop misusing the term. You are a right winger...and if anyone is an "apologist" it is you and your fellow Bushies who try to pretend and hold him accountable while actually defending him and attacking anyone that dares actually hold him accountable for being as bad as he was.

I've asked you to post questions so you can define my views and you ignore it instead opting to play the label game that you so love to do.

So what is it are you going to put up the questions or not?

If this is going to be a your are, no I'm not, yes you are, I'm going to bed!

This needs to be my new sig line:

~Pick out what you want to address ignore the rest~

I've asked you to post questions so you can define my views and you ignore it instead opting to play the label game that you so love to do.
Where is the logic in that statement. You claim to be unbiased about Bush yet when I made a valid statement you jumped to defend him without any evidence in your favor. Obviously you can claim one thing even when your actions show something else.

What should Bush have done to further 2ndA rights? What kind of question is that?
Why should he or Obama for that matter have to do anything?
The 2ndA is there for all to read.
The Heller decision is actually rather scary, in that it was 5 to 4. That is the ONE of the few thing I will give Bush. His choices of SCOTUS nominees was decent. I am fairly certain without them Heller would have gone the other way.

With all the pressure to ban handguns etc. we do need to stay vigilant. By not allowing anything to further degrade our gun rights.
To say that is not an accomplishment, with all the anti-gun money flowing in from the left is absurd in the extreme!
Take the oath of office as an example:
"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."
It doesn't get much more simple than that, spelling it out for those that don't understand the message.
Don't mess with our Rights!

Okay Penguin here you go. You say you want reciprocity in carry laws.
Please note that the sponsor and all co-sponsors are all 'Pubs except one. And he is from the great state of Alaska, who has the least restrictive carry laws.

S. 845:
111th Congress

Respecting States Rights and Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2009
Sponsor:
Sen. John Thune [R-SD]

Cosponsors [as of 2009-07-13]
Sen. John Barrasso [R-WY]
Sen. Mark Begich [D-AK]
Sen. Robert Bennett [R-UT]
Sen. Samuel Brownback [R-KS]
Sen. Richard Burr [R-NC]
Sen. Saxby Chambliss [R-GA]
Sen. Thomas Coburn [R-OK]
Sen. Thad Cochran [R-MS]
Sen. Michael Crapo [R-ID]
Sen. Jim DeMint [R-SC]
Sen. John Ensign [R-NV]
Sen. Michael Enzi [R-WY]
Sen. Lindsey Graham [R-SC]
Sen. Charles Grassley [R-IA]
Sen. Orrin Hatch [R-UT]
Sen. James Inhofe [R-OK]
Sen. John Isakson [R-GA]
Sen. Mel Martinez [R-FL]
Sen. James Risch [R-ID]
Sen. Pat Roberts [R-KS]
Sen. David Vitter [R-LA]
Sen. Roger Wicker [R-MS]

There are some things about the law that aren't much help. And then there is the issue of the feds respecting states rights.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top