JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It is with regret that I announce Bill Cogley (@Cogs) will be stepping down from his role of Northwest Firearms Volunteer Coordinator, effective today (December 7th, 2016). Since accepting the role June 8th, 2014, Bill has worked tirelessly in developing and organizing popular Northwest Firearms Outreach Programs, including our Clean-Up Program, our Information Booth Program, and our Adopt-A-Site Program. Without his hard work and leadership, we would not be close where we are today. We thank him for all he has done and wish him well with his new organization.

I will be filling in for the time being. Those interested in the role, please send me a PM :s0155:

A great guy and seemingly tireless custodian of the position.
I cannot stress enough how much I appreciate all the hard work he has put into trying to make our community a better place for us shooters and non shooters alike.
Truly a labor of love.
I salute you,Bill.:)

Thank you @Cogs for being a person who actually did more than just talk and actually put time and effort and actually doing something for the Northwest Shooters and Gun Owners. I know you have reached out and this is more than a one person job to be able to do by oneself and yet you did it so well.

Thank you so much for bringing awareness to the community and getting the word out and bringing shooters together.

I hope everything is okay Bill. I always said to Jane that you went far and beyond what a normal person would....Being out there in the dark getting set up. Even to the point of sleeping out there so everything would be ready for the clean-up crew in the morning. Staying until everything was put away...and THEN having to eat all the leftover potato salad. Not an easy task!:D Not to mention Ian out there for all of this too. It was great pleasure interacting with Ian, and his efforts were great too. Great kid you've got there. And I hope the two of you will be at future clean-ups? It's been a real pleasure for Jane and I working with you @Cogs .

:s0152: :s0152: :s0152:

Thank you all for your kind words and complements. We had fun, eh? It was great! I have too much on my plate this coming year and would not be able to do it justice.

I really appreciate the experience, but mostly, the help I got from the volunteers. They chipped in with their input, ideas and physical help to build a good community outreach program when none of us really knew quite what to do or where we were going with it. We all chipped in and started doing it because it was the right thing to do at the time. Nothing structured or outlined, just copied what worked from the time before and often added a little something extra.

I had no previous experience in organizing groups or events, or any other programs, and there was no one to teach me anything. My only instructions, from Joe, was to organize a few cleanups here and there as see how it goes. So, with the help of members, we began to figure it out and got my wheels spinning towards the program we have now. I hope you all continue with that spirit and build it bigger and better. There's a lot of new gun owners who need to know the ropes. I have faith in NWFA members!

Thank you all, and thank you Joe!

Bill

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews