JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Smurf, evidently, has a backup, new in box coffee machine, and is setting it up. And, somewhere, I've got an old percolator* in the kitchen. But I've got to hit the road, so can't partake, and I'm going to buy a good one up in the city whilst up there today.

* Looks like this:

dcf4546e-55dd-4fc9-a29d-94950f86bccb?size=784x588.jpg

The Smurf, evidently, has a backup, new in box coffee machine, and is setting it up. And, somewhere, I've got an old percolator* in the kitchen. But I've got to hit the road, so can't partake, and I'm going to buy a good one up in the city whilst up there today.

* Looks like this:

View attachment 662451

DON'T BUY MR COFFEE!! Were are going through trying to get a replacement for one of their basic $39.99 makers that had a year warranty that crapped out after 6 months. It started with a phone call and a 30 m wait on hold, on January 6th. We had an old pot in the closet that work okay so we have been waiting for CS to send a new pot, with several emails back and forth. Read reviews of Mr Coffee products. It's pretty bleak.

Roger-dodger. I won't be hitting the city for a few, and even then the shopping will be after the other stuff, so if anyone has recommendations on a good machine to make the brew, I'm all ears. I can check NWFA with phone.

Waking up this morning to find the coffee maker no longer works ....

View attachment 662448

We had that happen in our house before...
Luckily I had a antique coffee grinder and a copper trade kettle to make coffee in at rendezvous handy...:D

I've even roasted , then ground the beans ...'course doing all this before you get coffee and when you really need coffee...may go a long way in explaining why mountain men may be grumpy at times...:eek: :D
Andy

Asking a flintlock guy to drink instant coffee is like asking him to shoot one of them modern cartridge guns...
He'll do it...but its more fun for him to build the camp fire...boil the water...brew the coffee....and then scald his lips on the hot azz period correct tin cup...:D
Andy

Why not keep some instant around?

Oh my......ACK. I'd rather keep a can of Starbucks sweetened stuff a round.

Way back, when I first took Wifey camping/clamming at Barview Jetty Park, I did instant when I camped. Well, I guess I also use canned coffee at home. She said no way to the instant. And not too long after a friend turned me onto whole bean. Never went back to canned. And don't order coffee in restaurants.

Guess I'm just a woss. I use an electric perk at home and an old stove top perk on the boat .:rolleyes:
I drink about a pot a day to flush my kidneys.:eek:
Gevalia, Irish Cream, or Columbia, pre-ground. ;)
I also believe, "Good", coffee tastes good, hot, or cold. :p

Another vote for the French Press...that is what we use at home...ever since my mountain man coffee adventure....:D

Actually coffee made in a trade camp kettle ain't much different....but the french press is much better at keep the grounds down.
Andy

To quote the immortal words of Dark Helmet, "What have we got on this thing, a Cuisinart?"

caf.jpg

As to instant, yah, I think there is some around here somewhere. When coffee, for whatever reason, isn't readily available, I just revert to what I drank for years: strong, black (Assam) tea. Worked well enough until other caffeine delivery methods were in the pipeline. :s0155:

Bring it back to peeves; off-days. Had a great workout at the gym, but tomorrow is a down day. Chomping at the bit for more, but it will have to wait until Monday. If the weather doesn't suck donkey rump (unlikely) I might take wife and kids for a short hike though.

Guess I'm just a woss. I use an electric perk at home and an old stove top perk on the boat .:rolleyes:
I drink about a pot a day to flush my kidneys.:eek:
Gevalia, Irish Cream, or Columbia, pre-ground. ;)
I also believe, "Good", coffee tastes good, hot, or cold. :p

That's just not coffee anymore when all that "Stuff" gets put in it. The term "Foo-Foo" comes to mind. But I have to say that a Starbuck's "Frappacino" with an EXTRA shot is something I savor from time to time. That includes whipped cream and chocolate drizzle. :D

My dad, when he was alive, would perk a whole pot in the morning, shut it off, and then pour cups throughout the day and put 'em in the microwave to heat up.

Try a French Press. Boil water, add ground coffee, wait a few minutes, push press down and you have some of the best coffee ever.
View attachment 662564

Indeed! Too much mess to deal with after so I don't have one. But if I'm offered french press coffee when it's time for coffee I'd never pass. :s0155:

A new pet peeve....People these days live with their cell phones, sleep with them, and probably have them in the bathroom with them when they're doing the doo. It peeves me to the nth degree that people don't answer their phones when "You" call! I won't even get into people with their phones that answer other's calls when you are talking to them. I don't carry a cell phone. I have an answering machine and when I get home and see the message I call them back. Well, maybe not, because I know they have a cell phone and won't answer! When I'm home I answer the phone when people I know call. How fricken tough is it? If the person is in the middle of something? Just answer and say so. And when you'll call back. Then do it!

PEEVES ! You want peeves?:eek::eek:

Wait until you have to upgrade your Win.Xp 32 bit system to a Win.10 64 bit system.:mad::mad:

To help transfer, I had a SS External drive to download all of my files, but it will be a while
before I can get things rearranged and figure out what I'm missing. :(

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top