JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Unresponsive vendors on Gunbroker.

So, last Wednesday (8th) I won a shotgun at auction. The following day (9th) I emailed him my FFL, called, gave him my credit card number (which was charged), and told it would go out same day and he'd email me a tracking number.

When I bid, I didn't notice the only shipping method was 2-day air, so I had to pay extra. That's on me; I should have noticed. Though kicking myself I figured the upshot is it is here sooner. That would have put it Saturday (if he chose that option) or Monday (more likely). Never receive a tracking number. Saturday, nothing. Monday, nothing. Tuesday, nothing. Emailed him for tracking information. No reply. Wednesday, nothing, and our delivery guy is here by then. Send another message through GB asking for tracking info because email can get dumped in a spam folder or whatnot. No response.

Finally had enough and called him. "Ohhhh that hasn't gone out yet. It is on my bench here, but I promise to have it out tomorrow morning." Yeesh. :rolleyes:

Unresponsive vendors on Gunbroker.

So, last Wednesday (8th) I won a shotgun at auction. The following day (9th) I emailed him my FFL, called, gave him my credit card number (which was charged), and told it would go out same day and he'd email me a tracking number.

When I bid, I didn't notice the only shipping method was 2-day air, so I had to pay extra. That's on me; I should have noticed. Though kicking myself I figured the upshot is it is here sooner. That would have put it Saturday (if he chose that option) or Monday (more likely). Never receive a tracking number. Saturday, nothing. Monday, nothing. Tuesday, nothing. Emailed him for tracking information. No reply. Wednesday, nothing, and our delivery guy is here by then. Send another message through GB asking for tracking info because email can get dumped in a spam folder or whatnot. No response.

Finally had enough and called him. "Ohhhh that hasn't gone out yet. It is on my bench here, but I promise to have it out tomorrow morning." Yeesh. :rolleyes:

And this Johnny Jackass has yet to provide a tracking number. Idiot. If I don't get satisfaction tomorrow, I'll contact GB.

Back to the topic: *&()@#*)@ Oregon weather. Rain, snow, sleet, power outages, and climatic crapola. I'm totally fried, but looking forward to funky partying at the club on Saturday, doing wacky mag dumps with machine-guns on Sunday, and otherwise getting wild. But the weather blows to the point that I'm not sure we, or rather my wife, can bring the pequeños to the patch my father owns. They have no power and are snowed in. Why the blazes he hasn't put in a genny is beyond me, even though I explained him the benefits many times. Oh well, I'm rambling. Oregon weather sucks donkey rump and I can't wait for the blistering heat of the southwest. :s0155:

Though this kind of nonsense is not what I typically deal with, today dealt with the clinically brain-dead administrator I mentioned above. In his report to me he (teehee) made the mistake of CCing the impacted end-user (standard) and his boss (because he's a jackass). After I remoted in and fixed it, yet again, I replied all with my technical report that laid out, step by step, the spectacular clusterf___ of an implementation job he performed. Enjoy the report, sport's fan.
:s0121:

Visited my brother in law in the hospital today. He's stuck there for a few days and going home tomorrow or the day after. Lots of family coming and going, cell phone buzzing, texts, etc.

When the hospital room phone rang, I handed it to him. He listened for awhile, started laughing and handed it back to me to hang up. "Something about my auto warranty."

People that walk behind cars in parking lots, even though the car is reversing, when there is a sidewalk right in front of the car. All day, every day in my neck of the woods :mad:

"furbabies"

Yeah, I know I'll take heat over that one, as I'm probably in the minority; it's just my opinion, not a judgement.

Nowadays it's not PC to "own" a pet. You "adopt" a pet, and it becomes your "child". You then refer to yourself as "Mommy" or "Daddy" to your dog (or cat, or whatever).

That's fine, if that's how you want it. To each their own. It just seems absurd to me, grates on me any time I hear it. Just my opinion.

The moronic Oregon paper bag thing. It is not the 5¢ charge for a technology with a failure rate hovering around 80%, it is having the same time-wasting, idiotic, conversation about said with every merchant. Yah, I know the Marxist-Leninist degenerates in Salem passed another stupid law. And I don't care about the nickle. :p

The moronic Oregon paper bag thing. It is not the 5¢ charge for a technology with a failure rate hovering around 80%, it is having the same time-wasting, idiotic, conversation about said with every merchant. Yah, I know the Marxist-Leninist degenerates in Salem passed another stupid law. And I don't care about the nickle. :p
Well depends on how much you shop.
And use a bag .
Say you go to the store every day and get one bag every day that's 20 bucks a year but if you go and get 2 bags or 4 bags.
It adds up to a lot of money that they will just waist on what ever they want

I don't shop nearly as much as my wife does. Even if hit both the supermarket and liquor store in the same day, which I don't everyday, that's 10¢/day = $36.50 for the year. Small price to pay, I guess, to save the spotted dung beetle; or whatever the lame-o rationale was. :s0165:

You wanna know what is my biggest pet peeve. More than that my greatest living hell?
Going To a week long sales meeting with 1,000 sales people. Locked up in business meetings.
I hate it........

Well depends on how much you shop.
And use a bag .
Say you go to the store every day and get one bag every day that's 20 bucks a year but if you go and get 2 bags or 4 bags.
It adds up to a lot of money that they will just waist on what ever they want
Does it count if you reuse the plastic bag many times over? I will now have to buy plastic bags for my both of my bathroom trash cans. Whatever!

The fact that it seems like every god damn thing has to be spelled out to people these days. Just got a work email; sent the idiot two attachments, got a reply asking if he should read both to handle the task. Yes, that is precisely why I sent them to you and referenced both in the fing message; what the hell is wrong with you? And so many other intensely stupid hand-holding incidents. :rolleyes:

And, for the record, this was not one of my contacts in Europe, the Caribbean, or Latin America. This was a fellow American who should know better, well if he could pull off basic reading comprehension and had an attention span longer than a housefly. Some days with my fellow countrymen:

When I'm asked the same question twice in a row. You asked, I answered.

Are they expecting a different answer?

I had a phone meeting last week that was like that. It was asked about some database work that needed to be done on a particularly odious legacy system. I was asked the status, I provided it. I was again, I provide the same status report. The third god damn I was asked I nearly ripped the phone off my desk and hurtled across the office. Well, not nearly, but it did cross my mind. :s0112:

Similarly, the expression "I know, right?" grinds my gears, though I'm not entirely sure why. My hairdresser, who I saw today, uses that phrase pretty much every other sentence.
How about the phrase "I seen.," instead of the correct phrase "I saw." I think that they are teaching that in St Helens schools.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top