JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
On a side note: I lived for a short time in the suburbs of Lexington.

I was always out in the country and was actually a regular on Channel 18. Another bizarre life story...

I fell in love with Kentucky.

Stunningly beautiful.

This has prolly been mentioned before, but the word "prolly". It's not a word!

And as long as I'm sounding a bit like a grammar nazi, I'll just go all the way and complain about apostrophes. Why do so many people have trouble with apostrophes? Apostrophes are for contractions and to show possession, not for plurals!

I apologize to all the people I'm offending right now, but just remember, your elementary teacher winces in pain or rolls over in their grave every time you type something like "I cleaned all my gun's", or "There sure are a lot of car's on the road today".

On my way to work every day there's a barber shop that has a sign out front that says "Walk in's welcome!". I cringe each time I see it. Don't use apostrophes for plurals, please!

Added- one more since I'm already sounding like a grammar cop: "gift" as a verb. It's technically correct, but I hate it. Not long ago, the word "Gift" was only used as a verb by lawyers and real estate brokers. Now everybody uses it. It just sounds so pretentious.

We used to say, "My buddy gave me some ammo that he didn't need anymore."

Now we say, "My amiable acquaintance gifted me with a quantity of cartridges that were surplus to his needs."

:) :) :)

Last Edited:
CLT65,

I don't consider improving at anything...snobbish.

Overall, I think most here are quite literate, but like me could use some lessons in grammar.

I suck at using those A thingamajigs...or know where to place commas and constantly try not to trip over comma splices, but do it anyway...sigh.

Dropping the kids off at the elementary school.
Lol!!!!!
Those suburban driving moms are easily stimulated and provoked.
It's a take your life into your own hands type situation.
Crazy people in that drop off location.

Words have meanings.

See example here:

Illegal drones cause headaches
If a drone did hit the helicopter, it might've been flying illegally. The FAA requires recreational users to fly drones at or below 400 feet in airspace where air traffic control is absent and bans drones from flying in controlled airspace near airports.

Airports scramble to handle drone incidents
Los Angeles has a similar ordinance, banning people from flying drones over 400 feet or within five miles of an airport without prior approval from the airport's air traffic control staff. Users also can't fly drones in a way that interferes with manned aircraft.
Illegal drones aren't just a nuisance -- they're a real danger, authorities say.

The drone is not illegal. It was flown illegally. By saying the drone is at fault, we know a few things - like the operator was a good person who just turned his life around.

1575571580568.png

Bleach jobs. Not a fan for two reasons:

1. I've never seen one that didn't look terrible; it was only the matter of degree of said. The fakeness, the obvious dark line along the part, the fried look. Ugh, no good.
  2. Based upon my own independent, extensive, and thoroughly analyzed research on the topic, I can assure members of the fair sex there are both men and women (depending on one's proclivities) that absolutely lose their mind over brown and raven haired beauties.
Alright, I'll settle down. And, naturally, to each their own in fashion choices. :s0165:

Adding the suffix 'ness'.

As in tenaciousness.

Try tenacity.

Or, as in ferociousness

Try ferocity.

The list is endless of the right word being pushed aside by the adding of 'ness' to the base word.

Yes, in some cases adding this suffix is appropriate, but I think the over use is poor vocabulary-ness...

Last Edited:
I will add my pet peeve now. Something that totally irritates me and is of no use to anyone.

It's those stupid disclaimers at the end of commercials that are read so fast you can't even make out what they are saying.

Blahblablaflaflafla....void where prohibited. Blibityblibityblablabla.......may cause rash or fungal growth in orifaces..

I will add my pet peeve now. Something that totally irritates me and is of no use to anyone.

It's those stupid disclaimers at the end of commercials that are read so fast you can't even make out what they are saying.

Blahblablaflaflafla....void where prohibited. Blibityblibityblablabla.......may cause rash or fungal growth in orifaces..

I always wondered what those "Fast Talkers" make in their paycheck? I believe it IS a talent, and takes a lot of work. Some time ago I heard a female fast talker do a disclaimer. A first, and was nice to hear for a change.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top