JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Speaking like everything and anything they say is a question. I'm referring to so-called 'upspeak'.

Hate 'on'...no, the simple word 'hate' is all you need...or 'on accident', dammit, it's 'by' accident...ya numbskull...

Inserting the word 'like' every other word in any sentence be it a statement or a question.

Apparently, the speaker is attempting to sound 'mentally handicapped' thus scoring some sort of social points the charitable listener notices (who wouldn't given the repetition) thus will offer a discount (emotional or retail) due to the apparent affliction.

Similarly, the expression "I know, right?" grinds my gears, though I'm not entirely sure why. My hairdresser, who I saw today, uses that phrase pretty much every other sentence.
Same thing... it's just evolved to drop the "I know"

It was "like totally" in the 80's
"Dude for sure" or just "dude" in the 90's
You might get a real trendy combo of "totes dude" if you're lucky.

Stupid trendy over used affirmations, and filler words/phrases (like, uh,f***ing, ummm, know what I'm saying, etc.) definitely go to the top of peeve list.
Don't use fillers... it's OK to just not speak for a minute while you gather your thoughts.
I had a math teacher that would use "uh" all the time...every 4-5 words... it was distracting.
I would end up only hearing the "uh's" and totally miss the rest of the lesson.
ADD man.. you know how hard that was to work through without adderall?
I was lucky to pass that class, and I was good at math!

And people that talk just for the sake of talking. nervous talkers.
I don't believe in awkward silences...Silence is good! Shut up!

Math Teacher ones

Dollar sign after the amount-It is $5, not 5$.
Decimal with a a cent sign-That means the product is less than a penny.​

Geography Teacher

Students who fail, turn in late or don't turn in open book tests when they have a week to work on them.
Personal

Strangers saying something like "Wow, you're really short" as if I had no idea.
Not being able to find someone to reach things on the back part of the top shelf at the store.
Are we just supposed to ignore that a math teacher used one as a plural????

Are we just supposed to ignore that a math teacher used one as a plural????
That's another one
"Those ones"/"these ones"
I had you at those/these.
The only time you should put an "s" after "one" is when referring to dollar bills....
Or when rating especially ugly women:p

Last Edited:
what
LOL
You get those guys that do the "Ya know ?" thing and you stop listening and start counting the "Ya know's"

o_O

ETA
And then there's the Eastern version..."Ya Gnome Sayin' ?"

One of the best movies ever! It get's better every time I watch it.

Same thing... it's just evolved to drop the "I know"

It was "like totally" in the 80's
"Dude for sure" or just "dude" in the 90's
You might get a real trendy combo of "totes dude" if you're lucky.

Stupid trendy over used affirmations, and filler words/phrases (like, uh,f***ing, ummm, know what I'm saying, etc.) definitely go to the top of peeve list.
Don't use fillers... it's OK to just not speak for a minute while you gather your thoughts.
I had a math teacher that would use "uh" all the time...every 4-5 words... it was distracting.
I would end up only hearing the "uh's" and totally miss the rest of the lesson.
ADD man.. you know how hard that was to work through without adderall?
I was lucky to pass that class, and I was good at math!

And people that talk just for the sake of talking. nervous talkers.
I don't believe in awkward silences...Silence is good! Shut up!

Try this sometime.....You'll have one of those people that are talking and will say "Umm" too much. Concentrate, and anticipate the "Umm"s. If you and the wife, or friend, are watching/listening to TV/radio, get them listening for the "Umm"s too. GOOD FUN!

I have to confess, I use "DUDE". If I saw someone that is in a predicament and as I offer to hep I might say "DUDE! Sucks to be you!" Or "DUDE! That's an awesome rifle", "OHHH, DUDE! What a fish!" Gnome sayin'?

People who bark out a nervous laugh after any sentence is uttered.

Incessantly hearing such is maddening.

Years ago for a very brief time, I was dating a woman who did that.

I politely requested she cease doing that.

She couldn't.

So I said 'buh-bye' and then laughed nervously...did an abrupt about-face and skedaddled.

Those inarticulate dolts who continually announce: "know what um sayin?" after every statement can be trained to quit this tedious practice.

All one has to do to make the dolt halt is to retort with: "No, I haven't a clue".

I did this with a 'married in' family member.

After six or so times of me responding with: "No, I haven't a clue", he finally caught on, stopped his stupidity, stared at me with a p.o.'d look on his face and abruptly quit asking me if 'I knew what he was sayin'...we continued speaking for another ten minutes or so with nary a dreary kwIs question.

Relief, while not immediate, was eventual...

"nuff said"

Or the oh so original: Tell us what you really think or that's gonna leave a mark.

I coulda stayed in an express inn last night.

The list of the unoriginal crap regurgitated as if the poster thought it up by his very un-original self is endless...but every day some dullard gotta regurgitate...ugh.

'Priced to sell' - I had a guy tell me that regarding something or other I was interested in some years back.

The term is so 'used car sales banal' - I immediately walked away...blech.

"nuff said"

Or the oh so original: Tell us what you really think or that's gonna leave a mark.

I coulda stayed in an express inn last night.

The list of the unoriginal crap regurgitated as if the poster thought it up by his very un-original self is endless...but every day some dullard gotta regurgitate...ugh.

IMO words are overused anyway. Take a look at the words "the", "a", and "and"... why do we have to mindlessly repeat them so often?

And why do we have to read over and over and over again opinions of the bestest ever most bestest rifle caliber that will take all the big critters... so tedious!!!

Especially, when my trusty .17 cal HMR I've used to dispatch 200 lbs plus feral hogs.

Until I had my property completely fenced in, I used to shoot them in the head from my back porch using this 'gigantic' caliber...they can no longer plow up my land, but when they did, they often died from this small, but highly effective caliber.

And you bet, I processed them and ate them, sharing with my daughter.

IMO words are overused anyway. Take a look at the words "the", "a", and "and"... why do we have to mindlessly repeat them so often?
Yep
English I believed is partially derived from French.
Hence "le" or our "the"
I like to eliminate it whenever I can.
"When Mustang became operational, it was over for the Germans."

The British are very good at taking out "the".
Americans can't break the habit.

ON THE PHONE

Lumber Department: "Lumber."

Teflon: "Hi, do you have any 4x8 particle board in 5/8"?

Lumber: "I'm not sure." [obviously wishing I'd just say 'okay' and hang up.]

Teflon: "Would you mind checking please? I'm hoping you have 3 sheets."

Lumber: "Well, I'd have to walk over there..."

Teflon: "Or I could drive there and look myself, but since you're 23 miles closer than I am..."

Lumber [with disgust in voice]: "Hang on."

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews