JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Maybe I missed it, but I'm surprised I didn't see this one here yet. What is it with dog owners in populated neighborhoods leaving their animals outside to bark, howl and shriek non-stop?

Luckily those in yards right by mine usually stop after 15-30 minutes. But I hear two dogs in particular, several houses away, day and night (3pm, 11pm, 2am, 5am this week), a big one bellowing and a little one screaming 2-6 hours at a time with every breath they draw! It echoes for blocks. I can hear them INSIDE my house, doors and windows closed, with hearing loss and tinnitus!

I do my best to ignore the racket. Audiobooks in earbuds help, or music/TV as background noise. Of course I will survive this, but I've got to wonder... Friends or not, how do their closer neighbors deal with it, day after week after month after year?

Last Edited:
Maybe I missed it, but I'm surprised I didn't see this one here yet. What is it with dog owners in populated neighborhoods leaving their animals outside to bark, howl and shriek non-stop?

Luckily those in yards right by mine usually stop after 15-30 minutes. But I hear two dogs in particular, several houses away, day and night (3pm, 11pm, 2am, 5am this week), a big one bellowing and a little one screaming 2-6 hours at a time with every breath they draw! It echoes for blocks. I can hear them INSIDE my house, doors and windows closed, with hearing loss and tinnitus!

I do my best to ignore the racket. Audiobooks in earbuds help, or music/TV as background noise. Of course I will survive this, but I've got to wonder... Friends or not, how do their closer neighbors deal with it, day after week after month after year?

Speaking of dogs....How about if I take my kids out walking and have them pee on your bushes. Then the other parents take their kids out walking and they see where my kids peed and they pee there too? Would that be okay?

Admittedly the largest number of my pet peeves are driving related. One of those that peeves me to extreme is when someone decides THEY need to prove they are more courteous than me. I really am a courteous driver. I watch, and anticipate what I need to do to facilitate smooth traffic flow when I'm behind the wheel. I pull onto a neighborhood street from a two lane artery. Cars are parked on both sides. About 3/4 of the block down is a car coming toward me. One of us needs to pull to the side and wait for the other to pass. As soon as I see this I immediately pull over to make room for the on comming car. The other car proceeded toward me(waiting stopped) and comes to a place where HE NOW PULLS OVER! He's more courteous than me now!!! At least I guess that's what these potland boobs think.

My truck weighs just short of 4000#s empty. Every time I have to stop for a pedestrian, because they can't wait for 15 seconds and then cross, I have to bring that 2 + tons to a halt and then start up again. And on some roads I'm forced to do that 2-3 time in a 10 block stretch. At 10 miles to the gallon, brake and tire wear, these pedestrians and bicyclists could actually be causing more pollution than they're saving by walking/biking and busing.

People who stand along side the road with the express purpose of motioning to drivers to slow down. There is an older, heavy set woman who does just that along the rural, county road that I traverse into town. While it may be true that I perchance (teehee) exceed the posted speed limit to a trifle amount, I still don't care for the critique of my driving skills so early in the morning. As she is a lady, and I strive to be kind to all I meet, the better angels of my nature have prevented the hoisting of the single digit salutation. (If it was a man, I'm fairly certain merry Mr. Digitus Medius would have made an appearance by now.)

Unnecessary meetings make me want to punch a baby seal. I have about a hundred pages of specification documents I need to grind through, but I'm told I need to be in this meeting because I was the one who wrote a tiny piece of code that interfaces with this outside company. Midway through my patience gave out and I asked them directly if there was any change with that: nope, none at all.

Morning nuked. Oh well, I messed around on NWFA and quietly danced to the music in my head while the blather droned on. :p

Lack of a sense if urgency, lack of hustle or moving without purpose, tardiness....

Basically my wife. She is the SLOWEST person I've ever met. She can't do anything from point A to point B. I WISH I could send her to basic for a couple weeks and see her get smoked.
Imagine that only with everyone on the road, and every place you go to.

Ffs there was a guy in a dually (pick up) going 20 in a 35. I'm trying to get to a place to park before it fills up, but mr "compensating for something" had to show off his shiny new truck. Never been so tempted to rear end someone.

Then when it became 55 you'd think he'd at least go 55, nah. 35. :mad:

People who's personal hygiene is so bad they have what I've termed "a stench contrail". That is BO so bad they leave a trail of stench where ever they go. I had a crapton of work to get through today, so I stopped at the Kwik-E-Mart for my garbage can sized espresso and two tweakers were so equipped to the point that it was like a punch in the face. I realize it is a convenience store in southern Oregon, but sweet Jesus, take a shower already. Maybe go nuts and splurge on deodorant.

People who's personal hygiene is so bad they have what I've termed "a stench contrail". That is BO so bad they leave a trail of stench where ever they go. I had a crapton of work to get through today, so I stopped at the Kwik-E-Mart for my garbage can sized espresso and two tweakers were so equipped to the point that it was like a punch in the face. I realize it is a convenience store in southern Oregon, but sweet Jesus, take a shower already. Maybe go nuts and splurge on deodorant.

What's awesome is when someone has butt-smell and they walk by when you're seated, or leave their essence in your chairs/couches. Those are types that don't get invited back.

Cigars is getting old and cranky I know, and somebody seems to pee in my Wheaties on a daily basis these days but....
Effing idiots and their projector beam and/or high intensity LED headlights and those LED light bars.
It's bad enough when idiots don't reaslize that their high beams are on during broad daylight, but the majority of these head light systems (including OEM) do not belong on the road. If you are that blind then you should not be driving. In fact, I believe that cops should be pulling over these idiots and handing out doosh-bag cards.

Funny story from that particular Kwik-E-Mart: one frosty morn having to interface with technical staff in India, via Webex/phone, at an unholy hour of the early morning. After wrapping up said technobabble with the fellows on the subcontinent, I figured screw it, I'll just go into office. I stopped to acquire the muy grande coffee, waiting in line behind a logger, then: (boom!) door slams open, a junkie dressed in what I can only describe as a combination of medieval court jester and hobo comes running through the market. Logger and me both go for our respective pieces, then realize said degenerate is not heading towards the register/us, but the other door, and both let out an uncomfortable, knowing laugh. Hot on the heals of the methed out renaissance festival reject is Marvin, a city cop I've talked to on and off over the years. The glass-eyed redhead behind the counter said completely deadpan "I love the late shift."

Later in the day I was picking up the mail and Marvin was in front of me in line. I remarked "Got your exercise this morning. Did you catch him?" He laughed said "Yah, my partner circled around the other side and jumped him."

:s0112:

Folks that hold it inside, then after 5 years come and vent their spleen and give you 5 years worth in 10 minutes.

Story time:
I live down a dead end road, with one neighbor that lives at the end and for 5 years I've had a burn pile at the end of my property, then burnt it once a year inviting the neighbors over for beer & brats. After 5 years of this he stops last year and tells me he's tired of looking at my trash (tree limbs from storms) and asks if he can stack his trash on my driveway. I look at him funny and kindly say no. I then ask if it's bothered him for the 5 years I've done it and he says yes.

Still scratch my head why it took him 5 years to tell me.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top