JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Having a small appendage and trying not to blush when people make fun of small appendages.

Wait, what? :s0140:

People who want your business and are supposed to follow through with everything that you ASKED THEM on the telephone and in an email.

You get part of an answer which compares apples to oranges but not apples to apples. Duh!

You even ask them if they work on a Sunday (RE - able to answer a telephone call.) and they tell you that they are not under some religious thing or LAW even though they are in a religion. Yes, he does work on Sundays which was his answer to me.

So when you email them for something that you have waited 3 days for - they tell you that they did x, y and z in their LIFE on Saturday and x, y and z on Sunday and bla and bla. And the answer is in kind of a SNIPPY reply in the email. My husband TOOK IT the way that I did too. So it is not me misunderstanding the email.

I don't want EXCUSES.

I want a simple answer on 4 things.

They tell you that they sent you the one SPECIFIC THING that you asked them for but you did not get it other than some note about it being AWESOME to talk to you and a note about EXCUSING any typos being sent from one of those smart telephones. So if the 4 things were answered to me - it was in some dang TEXT.

I had this with one other person in RE in the past too.

Plus I already SAID OVER and over again that I ONLY have a LAND LINE - NO TEXT AND NO CELLULAR TELEPHONE in the ORIGINAL TELEPHONE CALL and IN my first email to him - PLAIN AS DAY!

Either way, it is the same old deal. Another thing, when I called the one number to him - original call, I did not leave a message but he called me back asap and left a message. They WANT THEIR QUICK MONEY but they don't want to follow through. They roll in the money with commissions but they don't want to work for it as in FOLLOWING THROUGH.

This crapola comes in ALL AGE BRACKETS and in MANY PROFESSIONS too.

Cate

I'm sorry but mine are pet peeveS lol

No offense but in my experience, for some reason, Toyota drives are the biggest _____(fill in the blank)! Specially priuses!
Too slow, cut you off, no turn signal, oh and ride on your tail.

Generally people that don't use the turn signal or run stop signs irritate the heck out of me. I get it, if there is no other traffic, vehicle or foot, who cares if you don't signal or slowly roll through a stop sign. But when others are around, I can't stand it.

I can't stand it when people go speed limit or slower in the left lane..... really?

I've had a few (not a Toyota) ride my tail out in the back roads, I cannot tell you guys what I did but I managed to scare the heck out of a few in the back roads lol. And no, I didn't brandish or involve any weapons or firearms in my scare tactics :)

Remember, please, that over here we drive on the LEFT.

MY aggressive driver just happened to be using his cell when he overtook me in his spiffy private-plate Range-Rover. Point was, he overtook me on the main highway with no less than THREE side-streets joining the highway from the right - at any time somebody could have pulled out, quite legally, and blotzed him head-on.

Sadly, none of that happened.

NoSireeee, not YET, anyhow.

So there he goes, at 50 in a thirty zone, heading straight for a traffic roundabout, and drove straight on, without looking to his right.

Wrong.

He T-boned a large white SUV with a snazzy paint job - just like this -

1566906312355.png

The words 'oh' and 'sh*t' must have passed through his mind in close succession, as he got out of the car, and was dropped on the ground by two VERY large and furry police officers who got out of the back of the BMW. At no instance had he let go of his cell............it remained firmly welded into his hand until a large black boot came down on his wrist and a big police paw took it away from him.

One belonging to someone like this -

1566906899460.png

The lady front seat passenger was the deputy commissioner for police, going to a conference in the regional police headquarters - she had a busted leg and many unsightly contusions. Her BMW was a write-off, and so too was the driving career of the guy who had hit her. I was one of the healthy number of witnesses to the whole she-bang [see what I did there?].

If it ain't a big rig, they should speed up

Regarding "Big Rigs"....I remember the days when big rigs stayed to the right. Back then four-wheelers had to match freeway traffic and merge. Now big rigs just drive in the middle of three lanes. As I'm diving in these situations sometimes I fantasize a world where all big rigs keep to the far right lane, unless necessary to be to the left for a short period. In my fantasy those drivers that did not match freeway speed to merge would be left stopped, on the shoulder in their cars, quietly sobbing. Those people forever relegated to only driving non-controlled access roads. They would teach their children that it was too late for themselves, but that as a young person, THEY could learn the rules of the road and be free to travel the freeways of America!

Now, about 4-way stop intersections and proper turn signal operation......

Always kinda prided myself on being laid back, not getting worked up over much of anything. So, I've never really had a pet peeve, until last night.

My daughter bought me a Luth-AR upper for my birthday. Had some time to kill last night, so I sat down at my build box with everything I needed to slap together a lower for it. Done it tons of times, so I'm fairly adept at it. Bolt catch installed, no problem. FCG installed, no problem. Buffer retainer and spring, problem. I butterfingered it and the retainer and spring "Pa-tink" into the build box. Not a big deal, that's what it's for... only I can't find the spring. Not in the box, not on the bench and not on the floor. "Ok" says I, and grabbed another out of the parts bin. Got it on the second try and figured JustSomeGal would find the missing one with her vacuum cleaner. Went to install the rear takedown pin detent and "Pa-Tink", the spring goes airborn... butterfingered that too. Couldn't find it either. So, my fresh new pet peeve is... getting too damned old and the loss of fine motor control that seems to be going along with it.

Regarding "Big Rigs"....I remember the days when big rigs stayed to the right. Back then four-wheelers had to match freeway traffic and merge. Now big rigs just drive in the middle of three lanes. As I'm diving in these situations sometimes I fantasize a world where all big rigs keep to the far right lane, unless necessary to be to the left for a short period. In my fantasy those drivers that did not match freeway speed to merge would be left stopped, on the shoulder in their cars, quietly sobbing. Those people forever relegated to only driving non-controlled access roads. They would teach their children that it was too late for themselves, but that as a young person, THEY could learn the rules of the road and be free to travel the freeways of America!

Now, about 4-way stop intersections and proper turn signal operation......
Blame the feds and elogs. Its all a race to beat the clock, and we're governed at different speeds.

Personally I prefer the semi's in the center lane when there are three or more lanes. Forcing them into the right lane where they have to dodge the 30MPH mergers and the cell-phoners who hammer the brakes because they just realized they are driving past their exit would be a disaster. Leave the center lane to the semi's and those with a speed-limit fetish, the left lane to those who want to drive a reasonable speed, and the right lane to the comers and goers.

Always kinda prided myself on being laid back, not getting worked up over much of anything. So, I've never really had a pet peeve, until last night.

My daughter bought me a Luth-AR upper for my birthday. Had some time to kill last night, so I sat down at my build box with everything I needed to slap together a lower for it. Done it tons of times, so I'm fairly adept at it. Bolt catch installed, no problem. FCG installed, no problem. Buffer retainer and spring, problem. I butterfingered it and the retainer and spring "Pa-tink" into the build box. Not a big deal, that's what it's for... only I can't find the spring. Not in the box, not on the bench and not on the floor. "Ok" says I, and grabbed another out of the parts bin. Got it on the second try and figured JustSomeGal would find the missing one with her vacuum cleaner. Went to install the rear takedown pin detent and "Pa-Tink", the spring goes airborn... butterfingered that too. Couldn't find it either. So, my fresh new pet peeve is... getting too damned old and the loss of fine motor control that seems to be going along with it.

Welcome to the over 40 club :s0114:

Invest in a good magnet .
I did and found all my lost springs and detents

People that eat slow. Eat now, taste it later.

Bacon... just sayin

People that order coffee with 7 ingredients...

McDonalds coffee... cannot drink it w/o 5 creams and 2 Splendas

Are you always in a hurry to be done with other enjoyable activities also?

When I was younger I didn't have much control over that!!! :rolleyes:

People that don't stop at stop signs, and pull out right in front of you and just putt along..

OMG.. Brookings drivers: many many elderly. They just sat waiting to get out on the road, nobody coming anywhere in sight, then pulled out in front when I came along... vehicular assassins!!!

Remember, please, that over here we drive on the LEFT.

MY aggressive driver just happened to be using his cell when he overtook me in his spiffy private-plate Range-Rover. Point was, he overtook me on the main highway with no less than THREE side-streets joining the highway from the right - at any time somebody could have pulled out, quite legally, and blotzed him head-on.

Sadly, none of that happened.

NoSireeee, not YET, anyhow.

So there he goes, at 50 in a thirty zone, heading straight for a traffic roundabout, and drove straight on, without looking to his right.

Wrong.

He T-boned a large white SUV with a snazzy paint job - just like this -

The words 'oh' and 'sh*t' must have passed through his mind in close succession, as he got out of the car, and was dropped on the ground by two VERY large and furry police officers who got out of the back of the BMW. At no instance had he let go of his cell............it remained firmly welded into his hand until a large black boot came down on his wrist and a big police paw took it away from him.

One belonging to someone like this -

The lady front seat passenger was the deputy commissioner for police, going to a conference in the regional police headquarters - she had a busted leg and many unsightly contusions. Her BMW was a write-off, and so too was the driving career of the guy who had hit her. I was one of the healthy number of witnesses to the whole she-bang [see what I did there?].

Don't you love it when a jerk gets what's coming to them? :)

I have a worthless, no-good nephew who caused a wreck some years back, with his reckless, inconsiderate driving. He damaged an RV belonging to an off duty state trooper, and got a big ticket. Unfortunately due to some kind of clerical error or missing paperwork, he got off scot-free. That only made him worse than he was before.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top