JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm a slow eater too. I enjoy my food, and a meal is an event. My wife is usually done eating by the time I'm getting a good start. Are you always in a hurry to be done with other enjoyable activities also? :)

Aggressive drivers are a big pet peeve of mine. I despise aggressive drivers. Where's a cop when you need one, to haul that jerk off to jail for reckless driving?

I was driving with the family up the gorge about a week ago, somewhere near Multnomah Falls. There was a string of traffic in the slow lane, and a string of traffic in the fast lane slowly passing them. I'm in the fast lane with a car ahead of me and some jerk riding my tail. There was an empty spot on the right so this joker zips over and flies up on the right, then goes to cut in around me, between me and the truck I was passing! There was literally less than a car length; I had to slam on the brakes to avoid being run off the road! At 70 mph, with nowhere to go! I was furious. He didn't accomplish much either, because there was a string of cars in front of him. People like that should lose their license for reckless driving.

So yeah, if you drive that way, you're a bad person. If you want to drive like a maniac, but are still considerate and don't endanger other people, go ahead and have at it, so long as you're risking your own life and not others. Personally I have no problem with driving the speed limit, or with a reasonable flow of traffic. I have little use for people who have to go full throttle everywhere they go; it's just stupid.

I'm a slow eater...and methodical about it.
Either eat one item at a time, OR try to make sure there are equal bites of each saving the best bites for last.
I'll also search for the perfect show to TV tray a meal, and usually by the time I pick, my food is cold. Effing OCD!
We're you peeved when I took my time eating that delicious pork loin your wife served?:s0108:

Not at all. It only gets me when there is somewhere to go or somewhere to be and the person is taking FOREVER. Worse yet is when the wife asks me to do xyz so she can eat. She takes each bite and gets this look on her face like she is Johnny 5 and is dissecting each ingredient. Just eat the damn food!

I'm a slow eater too. I enjoy my food, and a meal is an event. My wife is usually done eating by the time I'm getting a good start. Are you always in a hurry to be done with other enjoyable activities also? :)

Aggressive drivers are a big pet peeve of mine. I despise aggressive drivers. Where's a cop when you need one, to haul that jerk off to jail for reckless driving?

I was driving with the family up the gorge about a week ago, somewhere near Multnomah Falls. There was a string of traffic in the slow lane, and a string of traffic in the fast lane slowly passing them. I'm in the fast lane with a car ahead of me and some jerk riding my tail. There was an empty spot on the right so this joker zips over and flies up on the right, then goes to cut in around me, between me and the truck I was passing! There was literally less than a car length; I had to slam on the brakes to avoid being run off the road! At 70 mph, with nowhere to go! I was furious. He didn't accomplish much either, because there was a string of cars in front of him. People like that should lose their license for reckless driving.

So yeah, if you drive that way, you're a bad person. If you want to drive like a maniac, but are still considerate and don't endanger other people, go ahead and have at it, so long as you're risking your own life and not others. Personally I have no problem with driving the speed limit, or with a reasonable flow of traffic. I have little use for people who have to go full throttle everywhere they go; it's just stupid.

I'm seriously impatient when it comes to my regular life because my work life takes up all of my patience. When I wasn't broken, I spent a lot of time at work. My time off is valuable to me. So eating slow, bathroom breaks, forgetting things, etc. really drive me nuts. I call them hangups. Its like trying to fish and always getting hung up on the bottom. That, or trying to walk through sticker bushes.

The slow eating thing makes me giggle because the Potato-heads were commenting on something like this tonight. We were at a Mexican restaurant. The bobble-heads shared a cheese quesadilla, the wife a small chicken dish, and the father a huge plate of octopus, mushrooms, rice, beans, and tortillas. The two munchkins got annoyed that they and mommy "were done". Wife had to explain to them that Dah-dos dinner was much larger and was served last. :p

People who drive slow in the left lanes!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

I agree wholeheartedly! I'm a cautious driver (speed limit or a little over) but I can't stand someone behind me pushing me. I'm very alert to traffic around me and if I see someone coming up behind me I immediately get over and let them by. Putting along in the fast lane is the epitome of rudeness.

While I was slamming down lunch I just watched Laramie and Gunsmoke TV shows by bouncing back and forth between channels and between the two, and no less than four Colt Peacemakers got thrown to the ground by bad guys and never picked up. They were very expensive guns in their day (still are) and reportedly cost a cowboy a month's wages, so for stupid.

That all reminds me of the zillion westerns where people get killed and no one ever took their guns or horses or checked ead guys' pockets or saddlebags for valuables. What the heck?
Marshal Dillon could have opened a gun and saddle shop with all the baddies he X'ed- could have given Chestus and Fester year-around work..

It grates on me to hear media and politicians call illegal aliens "undocumented immigrants" as if there is some difference between the two. They are all here illegally, subject to the same laws and equally eligible for summary deportation. :mad: Time to take care of our own and to worry less about hurting the feelings of one voter demographic or another..

People that order coffee with 7 ingredients...

Wifey is kind of like that, maybe not seven. Thing is, she rattles it off into the little hole for the microphone in about 1.9 seconds. Somehow with surrounding noise and such, the barista gets it and repeats it. :s0092:

Biggest "Pet Peeve" ? "Pet Peeve" isn't really appropriate as a "Pet" is usually something nice. So biggest "Peeve" it is.
Drivers in Portland! I estimate 1 in 5 Portland drivers are stupid/rude/inconsiderate and/or self centered. That means that out of 100 cars, 20 drivers are gumming up the commutes of everyone by sitting at green lights for several seconds before moving, not using turn signals, and going 5 or more MPH under the speed limit. Also, basic rules of the road, such as two cars coming to a 4-way stop at the same time? The car on the right has the right-of-way. And nosing into the intersection when making a left hand turn. DAILY I find myself stuck behind left turners that will not nose into the intersection on the flashing yellow arrow.

If anyone reading this sees themselves doing these things when they drive? For the love of God, consider you fellow man (driver) there are a lot of us on the road and we all need to be somewhere! Otherwise, we wouldn't be on the road!

Blinker on doing 35 down the on-ramp zero signs of accelerating, not looking to see if there is oncoming traffic. Just kind of starts coming into the right lane still going 35-40, maybe slightly starting to accelerate, still hasn't looked back or in any of the mirrors for oncoming freeway traffic. Fully merged causing everyone on the freeway to slam on their brakes.

Or worse, all of the above, then another idiot comes to complete stop in right lane to let the first idiot who doesn't understand how to get onto freeway, onto freeway.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top