JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My only pet peeve is.... an internet product review that starts with the words " I have not used/tried this yet, but...."

Unbelievable how many of these reviews are out there.

Well I might have more than one peeve. Just waiting for validation on this one before I unleash. :p

At least they are being honest, if a little boneheaded. I hate the ones that are obvious paid reviewers. But.....Yes. You may now relieve yourself...

My only pet peeve is.... an internet product review that starts with the words " I have not used/tried this yet, but...."

Unbelievable how many of these reviews are out there.

Well I might have more than one peeve. Just waiting for validation on this one before I unleash. :p
+1
Or glowing raves ("Durable, lasts forever") for a new product the reviewer purchased earlier that morning.

Wrangler, Carhartt, Columbia, Hanes, Lee, Levis, etc., all used to make a lot of clothes out of cotton. Back in the good ol' days, when I put on Wrangler shorts or jeans in the morning, a 32 waist would still be 32 by noon, by evening, and even the next day. Not drooping like a potato sack suspended from the belt loops like a shower curtain!

Sadly, the reliable products I swore by for decades are now made of flimsy, stretchy "Comfort Flex" material... and I can't imagine anything LESS comfy! Same thing with that thin rubbery shrink wrap crap they're using in T-shirts. I suppose my nipples are just as adorable as the next guy's, but dang, I miss the bygone days of simple, sturdy, comfortable cotton clothes that fit.

Fair enough, this new stretchy stuff is probably cheaper to manufacture, and I get that.

I'd happily meet any manufacturer half-way and pay more for what they used to sell. But, sadly, 90% of it is not even available anymore.

Last Edited:
Wrangler, Carhartt, Columbia, Hanes, Lee, Levis, etc., all used to make a lot of clothes out of cotton. When I put on Wrangler shorts or jeans in the morning, a 32 waist would still be 32 by noon, by evening, and even the next day. Not drooping like a potato sack suspended from the belt loops like a shower curtain!

The same products I've sworn by for decades are now made of flimsy, stretchy "Comfort Flex" material... and I can't imagine anything LESS comfy! Same thing with that thin rubbery shrink wrap crap they're using in T-shirts. I suppose my nipples are just as adorable as the next guy's, but dang, I miss the bygone days of simple, sturdy, comfortable cotton clothes that fit.

Fair enough, this new stretchy stuff is probably cheaper to manufacture, and I get that.

I'd happily meet any manufacturer half-way and pay more for what they used to sell. But, sadly, 90% of it is not even available anymore.

32" waist? Holy, uh, shirt. :eek:

I'm reminded here of the saying 'old age is when your broad mind and narrow waist change places...'

32" waist? Holy, uh, shirt. :eek:

I'm reminded here of the saying 'old age is when your broad mind and narrow waist change places...'

Last week a few miles south of Yachats. That Beatles song "When I'm 64" comes next month. Yikes!!!

Oh yeah... pet peeves. Mrs. T. refused to snap the pic so I had some stranger do it, and he completely missed the water below. I swear, the next time I photograph strangers on their phone, they'll go home to find a video selfie of ME saying "1, 2, 3, smile!"

jump.jpg

Last Edited:
"it is what it is"
This is often something said as a coping measure and I've heard it from folks that have extremely successful lives. The reality is, why sit in a puddle on the floor when some things regardless how hard you try can't be solved by your own effort. Focus on what you can change or effect. I've never seen the statement "It is what it is" as a statement of failure. YMMV

The sound of a Prius. Oh, don't get me wrong, if one wishes to own one, more power to them; freedom is a wonderful thing. I'll just take the sound of a finely tuned, roaring V8 over something that sounds a Dust Buster. :p

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top