JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I feel kinda sorry for the 'talentless' who think getting tats/puntured/odd hair style somehow lends them talent or even gawd forbid, makes them artistes...sorry Charlie/Charlene - you still have no talent...and now you're unemployable except maybe as a medical guinea pig or if you're healthy (doubtful, but who know until a blood test) an organ donor.

No, you're not unique, just ordinary dumb...

I feel kinda sorry for the 'talentless' who think getting tats/puntured/odd hair style somehow lends them talent or even gawd forbid, makes them artistes...sorry Charlie/Charlene - you still have no talent...and now you're unemployable except maybe as a medical guinea pig or if you're healthy (doubtful, but who know until a blood test) an organ donor.

No, you're not unique, just ordinary dumb...

We have an extended family member, ex family member, who is transgendered. He/she/it/ze is the world's ugliest woman who still is obviously a man to look at. You would think it would be hard to find employment that way, but he found work with others of his type as an office clerk, eventually landing a job as a T counselor. Don't discount the power of groups.

Overeducated white upper middle class wokescolds.. Growing up with all kinds of money and trips to Europe and wonderful life experiences and still can't find happiness so, after completing rehab and talking to their therapist, they develop a conscience... and mouth off every chance they get. News flash: You are not the Buddha. You don't know anything. You are a cliche and a caricature of yourself. Please shut your mouth and go jump in a lake.

Overeducated white upper middle class wokescolds.. Growing up with all kinds of money and trips to Europe and wonderful life experiences and still can't find happiness so, after completing rehab and talking to their therapist, they develop a conscience... and mouth off every chance they get. News flash: You are not the Buddha. You don't know anything. You are a cliche and a caricature of yourself. Please shut your mouth and go jump in a lake.

I want this on a T-Shirt! ;)

The recent tendency of people to pronounce "st" as "sht", such as the feminist who says, "I'm a shtrong woman." There's no "H" in that word! SHTOP IT!

I would change this part... "Please shut your mouth and go jump in a lake." to Please shut your mouth and get a job. I don't care who you are or what you look like. If you are an honest working person, supporting yourself, I will respect you.

Agree completely. And wait until you get older. It's frustrating, and there is nothing to be done about this. Used to be a time when the federal DOT regulated headlamp luminosity. I don't know when they quit caring but it happened. There now seems to be no limit.

DOT didnt regulate luminosity, it regulated Wattage. Those blinding LED lights that drive you off the road are well below DOT wattage regs. EG, a 7 watt LED light puts out the same light as a 60 watt incandescent.

DOT didnt regulate luminosity, it regulated Wattage. Those blinding LED lights that drive you off the road are well below DOT wattage regs. EG, a 7 watt LED light puts out the same light as a 60 watt incandescent.

So DOT hasn't given up, they're just light years (pun intended) behind the times. The issue revolves around a standard of illumination. DOT created a standard that has been by-passed by technology, leaving a kind of loophole. Whatever the wattage of the source of illumination, if it's too bright to be safe, it's too bright. There are two sides of safety. One side is for the driver of a given vehicle, the other side is that of other motorists that driver encounters. Maybe someday, DOT will discover smart LED systems like they have in Europe. And approve them.

I have a great dislike of range-hogs - the folks who plonk their rifle down as the range opens, and stay there all day until the final whistle blows.

We have only eight 100m firing points and six 50m firing points adjacent, and a further six 25m lanes on another location about 40m away, so sometimes it can get pretty crowded. That's crowded enough for there to be a line of would-be shooters just waiting for somebody to have had enough and move away, if only for a long enough break that the would-be shooter can get in some trigger time.

Because of the local by-laws and the proximity of the local village, our shooting is time-restricted anyhow, and adding that to the not-inconsiderable amount it costs us to be members of our club, it's sometimes hard to get some serious shooting done at a weekend.

It used to be that if a shooter was chrono-ing a load, we'd need to lose the lane on each side - this is back in the days of sky-screen-type chronos. Now we have a Lab-Radar set, that's not needed.

tac,

Thanks for reminding me of how very fortunate I am.

My range is never overcrowded even when lots of folks are there as it's massive.

Also, I almost never go there on the week-ends like I did when competing in IDPA.

I find Tues/Wed/Thurs ideal, but still not bad anytime, but I like to minimize other shooter contact.

Why?

I go to the range to shoot, not socialize.

Yep, I'm a curmudgeon.

England - population - 55,619,400. Landmass - 50,301 sq miles.

Texas - population - 28,701,845. Landmass - 268,581 sq miles.

Less than half the population of England, but with 5.4 times the space.

'nuff said.

Last Edited:
Ummm, I wasn't being derisive or critical of England...just stating my good fortune...heck, I (long ago) even had a girl friend from Brighton and my best bud was originally from there so, what am I woefully trying to say: I love England.

Heck, my mother's maiden name was Dillingham, kind of an English name, eh?

Understooded, Sir. I was just pointing out why you have all that space, and we don't. The name IS English and probably derives from Dullingham, a small village in the county where we live. It originally meant 'village of the people of Dulla', a non-determinative personal name of Anglo-Saxon origin.

tac,

Thanks for the response.

Yeah, we've tons of room in Texas, but for reasons beyond my ken, many crowd into cities like Houston/Dallas/San Antonio/Corpus Christi etc.

But then, I don't need trendy eateries or feel safer in a crowd. Quite the opposite in fact.

Heck, I've enough room, if I want I can shoot in my back yard and often have in times gone by, but my club/range allows for much longer distance shooting and is in some ways more convenient.

And for another pet peeve: Girls/Women who cut slits in the knees of perfectly good jeans - I'm guessing they think it fashionable - To me it's a bit too studied to look fashionable - Plus, if every girl under 18 and those over are All slicing up the knees of perfectly good, heck new clothes even, doesn't the lack of originality subtract out fashionable?

Sliced up knees on good clothes = dumb.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads