JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When dumbos ask: "know what I'm sayin" after each sentence.

When I happen upon this level of stupidity, I respond with NO, I'm deaf, speak up.

Of course, being of double digit i.q. they continue to ask the same inane question and I keep responding with "NO, I'm deaf, speak up"!

Finally, the slow dawning sheepish recognition appears on their mouth breathing face and at long last they shut the hell up with their idiotic "know what I'm sayin" garbage?

Also, 'cool-guy speak'.

Your pistol is not a 'gat', when you carry you're not 'strapped'.

The list of adolescent jargon is endless and firmly places the speaker in the 'not credible as a grown up' category, ah, unless one wants to appear childish...then 'coo-wuhl'!

When dumbos ask: "know what I'm sayin" after each sentence.

When I happen upon this level of stupidity, I respond with NO, I'm deaf, speak up.

Of course, being of double digit i.q. they continue to ask the same inane question and I keep responding with "NO, I'm deaf, speak up"!

Finally, the slow dawning sheepish recognition appears on their mouth breathing face and at long last they shut the hell up with their idiotic "know what I'm sayin" garbage?

Just for you. :p "If ya' know what I mean." ;)

Pet peeve... Over use of the word "vintage". Or maybe it bothers me because I'm getting older..... Example: My old Coleman fuel lanterns out in the shed that I use to dig razor clams at night are quaintly called "vintage". Really! Just because I don't use propane or LED headlamps...! WTF ! Could be I am vintage.....

Pet peeve... Over use of the word "vintage". Or maybe it bothers me because I'm getting older..... Example: My old Coleman fuel lanterns out in the shed that I use to dig razor clams at night are quaintly called "vintage". Really! Just because I don't use propane or LED headlamps...! WTF ! Could be I am vintage.....

Yes... ;)

I'm getting sick of these projector beam headlights. Not just the poor quality aftermarket ones that the tuner boys put on their Type R fart cars, but the OEM ones suck as well. If you need the equivalent of [-event lighting to drive at night then you shouldn't be on the road. Oh I forgot, you have to be the event when driving. Then there's the stupid LED tail lights. Standard "old fashioned" incandescent bulb headlights didn't blind you when someone steps on the brake. The light is a natural burning light which rolls on slow enough for your pupils to naturally adjust. These LED brake lights are "instant on" with full brightness and your pupils don't have time to close so you get an eyeful of light immediately.

Agree completely. And wait until you get older. It's frustrating, and there is nothing to be done about this. Used to be a time when the federal DOT regulated headlamp luminosity. I don't know when they quit caring but it happened. There now seems to be no limit.

Well, there is something you can do about it if you are even slightly vengeful in nature. My 1972 Ford station wagon that I use for hauling has dim, old, yellowed, OEM sealed beams on it. I bought a pair of those LED small light bars that some boneheads put on their jeeps. I mounted them behind the grille where they can't be seen but can surely shine through. I don't drive that car much at night. When I do and I see a Xenon searchlight coming down the road at me, I turn on those LED lights. Funny thing is, there's never a reaction.

Normal lights:
e29EAwF.jpg

New, improved lights:
i2BIiKA.jpg

Which I save for annoying butt-heads with annoying lights.

I'm really quite surprised that nobody has thought up some lawsuit angle having to do with overly-bright headlamps.

Your pistol is not a 'gat', when you carry you're not 'strapped'.

Jargon has been around forever; I find it fascinating. The word "gat" for gun has been around since at least the 1930's. Also, "rod," "Roscoe," and "heater." Probably more interesting ones that I can't think of right now.

"Strapped," I hadn't heard that one until I started reading George Pelecanos novels. You start doing that, you read all kinds of D.C. jargon and honestly, I have to laugh at most of it. Makes for entertainment. I think the use of that kind of street jargon has to be considered in context. I.e., is the use of it genuine or posturing.

I've got to stop hogging this thread, so this is my last involvement.

i was with my wife and two young boys trying to set a good example when i held the door open for two lady lovers once. they walk by and one told me "we dont need a man to hold the door open for us, WHO do YOU think you are?" i said "ok, have a nice day"

And this is the country we now live in. I was raised to show respect toward women and offer the little courtesies to them such as opening doors, letting them go first, step out of the way and let them pass, when walking on the sidewalk with one to stay on the street side, etc. This was how I was raised by my mother, father, and grandmother. Isn't it a shame that some radicals have twisted this around? I open the car door for my wife every trip, every time. I open doors for other women all the time. It's a life-long habit. Courtesy and civilized behavior should be encouraged, not derided.

gm,

You posted: ..."I.e., is the use of it genuine or posturing."

The very reason, I find such 'cool-guy' speak eye-roll worthy...generally speaking, it's use is mostly uttered by young guys attempting to sound rough and tough, not appreciating they just sound goofy.

Why yes, as a matter of fact. Besides six vintage lanterns, including to single mantel Reds, I have five Coleman gas stoves including one three burner and a two burner "Canadian" Coleman, eh. Try using that propane in real cold weather. All but one lantern and one stove will be sold at a garage sale in a month or so.

Agree completely. And wait until you get older. It's frustrating, and there is nothing to be done about this. Used to be a time when the federal DOT regulated headlamp luminosity. I don't know when they quit caring but it happened. There now seems to be no limit.

Well, there is something you can do about it if you are even slightly vengeful in nature. My 1972 Ford station wagon that I use for hauling has dim, old, yellowed, OEM sealed beams on it. I bought a pair of those LED small light bars that some boneheads put on their jeeps. I mounted them behind the grille where they can't be seen but can surely shine through. I don't drive that car much at night. When I do and I see a Xenon searchlight coming down the road at me, I turn on those LED lights. Funny thing is, there's never a reaction.

Normal lights:
View attachment 601590

New, improved lights:
View attachment 601591

Which I save for annoying butt-heads with annoying lights.

I'm really quite surprised that nobody has thought up some lawsuit angle having to do with overly-bright headlamps.

Heck yeah! "Family Truckster"! Well, the Ford version anyway.

And this is the country we now live in. I was raised to show respect toward women and offer the little courtesies to them such as opening doors, letting them go first, step out of the way and let them pass, when walking on the sidewalk with one to stay on the street side, etc. This was how I was raised by my mother, father, and grandmother. Isn't it a shame that some radicals have twisted this around? I open the car door for my wife every trip, every time. I open doors for other women all the time. It's a life-long habit. Courtesy and civilized behavior should be encouraged, not derided.

When I worked for Air Life of Oregon, I was at the Bend hangar when one of the flight nurses came to the door carrying a huge duffel bag... I went to the door and she made the same type of nasty toned gripe at me. I said: "I open doors for everybody, bubblegum." ........... I wonder why my peer reviews were never good...

Why yes, as a matter of fact. Besides six vintage lanterns, including to single mantel Reds, I have five Coleman gas stoves including one three burner and a two burner "Canadian" Coleman, eh. Try using that propane in real cold weather. All but one lantern and one stove will be sold at a garage sale in a month or so.

I like white gas stoves and lanterns. But they are a bit quirky. We liked our backpack white gas burners because the burner was small, easily packed away taking up little room, the gas container carried enough gas for a whole week in the woods, and it worked in the altitude and cold. Carried a bit of alcohol as a clean burning primer.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top