JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Folks that hold it inside, then after 5 years come and vent their spleen and give you 5 years worth in 10 minutes.

Story time:
I live down a dead end road, with one neighbor that lives at the end and for 5 years I've had a burn pile at the end of my property, then burnt it once a year inviting the neighbors over for beer & brats. After 5 years of this he stops last year and tells me he's tired of looking at my trash (tree limbs from storms) and asks if he can stack his trash on my driveway. I look at him funny and kindly say no. I then ask if it's bothered him for the 5 years I've done it and he says yes.

Still scratch my head why it took him 5 years to tell me.
The human condition.

Cigars is getting old and cranky I know, and somebody seems to pee in my Wheaties on a daily basis these days but....
Effing idiots and their projector beam and/or high intensity LED headlights and those LED light bars.
It's bad enough when idiots don't reaslize that their high beams are on during broad daylight, but the majority of these head light systems (including OEM) do not belong on the road. If you are that blind then you should not be driving. In fact, I believe that cops should be pulling over these idiots and handing out doosh-bag cards.
I had one of those behind me the other night that was practically riding my bumper. Nearly blinding when looking at my side-view mirrors, lights that bright are not needed in the cities.(like I needed another reason to prefer country living)
That and drivers not using their turn signals or those who don't realize you can turn right without a green light.
I see the ridiculously bright lights every night I close at work, and I see the other two almost every day I work on the drive there or the drive back home.

Cigars is getting old and cranky I know, and somebody seems to pee in my Wheaties on a daily basis these days but....
Effing idiots and their projector beam and/or high intensity LED headlights and those LED light bars.
It's bad enough when idiots don't reaslize that their high beams are on during broad daylight, but the majority of these head light systems (including OEM) do not belong on the road. If you are that blind then you should not be driving. In fact, I believe that cops should be pulling over these idiots and handing out doosh-bag cards.

Living in potland, with the most distracted and rude drivers I've ever seen, I've been driving with my high beams on during the day for several months now. I sincerely apologize if it's briefly uncomfortable for some but I SEE drivers at times that start to pull out in front of me, and then stop.

People who think my turn signals mean I'm asking for permission.

No, if you see them that's what I'm telling you I'm doing.

Especially because there's a good chance I'm trying to avoid the people on the shoulder.

Loaded RVer's that are slowing more than 5 vehicles & won't move to the right when a passing lane presents itself....
They are the bane of my existence. I'm governed at 68, if the speed limit is 60-70, better be going 68 or get the hell out of my way. Almost every RV I see on I-95 is going 55, or 60 if I'm lucky.

I'm not slowing down, I have used my air horn on people who are going too slow when there's an opportunity for them to change lanes. Seriously, going too fast can be dangerous but by being too slow YOU ARE THE GOD DAMN HAZARD!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

daily-morning-awesomeness-38-photos-600-23.jpg

People who start a thread asking for help, information, suggestions, etc. and then never get back on the thread again, even for a simple "Thanks for the replies."

I told Wifey she HAS to respond when people respond to threads she starts. Even if the thread gets legs and goes for several pages.:D

People that use a free service and when asked for donations to keep the service up and running disappear like undocumented immigrants when INS shows up (unless they are in PDX).

Maybe I missed it, but I'm surprised I didn't see this one here yet. What is it with dog owners in populated neighborhoods leaving their animals outside to bark, howl and shriek non-stop?

Luckily those in yards right by mine usually stop after 15-30 minutes. But I hear two dogs in particular, several houses away, day and night (3pm, 11pm, 2am, 5am this week), a big one bellowing and a little one screaming 2-6 hours at a time with every breath they draw! It echoes for blocks. I can hear them INSIDE my house, doors and windows closed, with hearing loss and tinnitus!

I do my best to ignore the racket. Audiobooks in earbuds help, or music/TV as background noise. Of course I will survive this, but I've got to wonder... Friends or not, how do their closer neighbors deal with it, day after week after month after year?
I am an animal lover and will put up with a lot from neighbors animals. There are laws about nuisance dogs and the owners can be fined.

Funny story. Living in the country - I got a call in the middle of the night that my Siamese was using her flower garden as a potty box - edited to remove unsavory language. I asked her if she had a dog, to which she replied yes. I then blasted her about the dog crap left in my yard and I would gladly clean up after my cat if she would come over and clean up after her dogs. She hung up and I never heard from her again. Sometimes you have to be a little flexible until the crap really hits the fan.

"
art-remus-ident-04.jpg Stuff that annoys me. This one is only slightly less irritating than parentheticals: name inflation. Example: John Smith imagines his name will have more gravitas as John Robert Smith, but reconsiders. It has the spoor of confession. He tries J.R. Smith, but alas, it's too light and tidy, doesn't take up enough space.
So he goes full precious and uses J. Robert Smith. It's nomenclature without the nomen. Poifeck. How then shall we address him? That's the whole point. He puts the burden on us. We're expected to wait anxiously for The Big Reveal while we consider asking, "Mind if I call you Jayrob? No? How about Snuffy, zat work for you?"
Such people should live a less examined life.
"

Another Pet Peeve is people who complain about how much an FFL holder is making on the Sale of a Firearm! 25% is 20% TOO much!

Along the same lines are those who think the Manufacturers are charging too much for Replacement Parts!

And they think a Gunsmith should give away his/her knowledge so the Customer can do the work themselves! They're also the ones who come back and when the Gunsmith to correct their mistakes after they buy a part from the Gunsmith and screw up the installation!

RANT OVER.
I would like to rant about the reverse.
For example, I hate companies who think charging $80-$100 for a plastic hand stop is okay.
Look, I normally would stay away from WISH but I can trust the chinese to make a $10 hand stop and have it work fine.
That is where I can recommend WISH, is for simple to make cheap AR parts/accessories.
DEPENDS ON THE PART OBVIOUSLY

People who not only go slow but won't yield when you try to pass them.

I was trying to get to a shipper today, pickup went 49-53 but mostly stayed at 49. Flipped me off when I gave him a "wtf" look whenever be slowed down, then tried fo pass and he just sped up. Ended up going 13 over just to pass. Funny how he suddenly likes to go fast when I'm trying to pass.

No such thing as respect these days.

The shiddy driver, that as they are approaching their known turn, suddenly brakes and then deploys turn signal at the last moment.
This driver is too ignorant/selfish to deploy turn signal FIRST, while everyone is "at speed" giving other drivers a chance to react/change lanes, etc.

This brand of selfish/ignorant driver is very common and probably wouldn't understand the concept of "at speed".
Sometimes stoopid cannot be fixed.

Or how about the fool that flashes his high beams as some sort of "let me help you" signal.
OK pal, I'm going to help you, but first I must BLIND you because that is how my father taught me !
A quick OFF, then ON of the (low beam) headlights is the professional way to make this signal but doing that is not on the radar screen for MANY drivers.
Shut my lights off ? Ooooh.....never !

Last Edited:
Ok I have a new pet peeve to report.

What is the deal with late 60ish early 70s men who have pony tails?

Is this a holdover from their 'Hippy' days or a last 'stand' against 'the man'?

Sorry but I find it gross and unappealing and would like to know the REASON for it.

I am not too far behind some of these guys age-wise but I keep my hair short, conservative and typically 'military' cut.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads