JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Many Years ago I was lucky enough to inherit a 1943 Colt 1911 from my Grandpa. I was just out of College and it was my first hand gun. I knew it had some value but being a DUMB 22 year old(no kids) I figured I would trade it for several firearms to start my own collection. Biggest mistake ever! :(

Anyway I traded it to NW Armory and of course they wanted it bad and at the time I felt they gave me a fair value on trade. Needless to say it was probably one of their best trades of all times.

So now I am reaching out to see if anyone knows or has any leads on this pistols whereabouts. I know it's a pipe dream but why not give it a shot. Stranger things have happened. It's probably the crown jewel of someones collection.

Colt 1911-A1 SN 942566

Thanks NWF!

I met a guy that had an old scabbard for a 30-40 Krag. We were at a fundraising dinner, we were both so excited, he wanted to give it to me just so it had a good home. Our enthusiasms died when he said it was for a bolt action. :(

Screen shot 2014-09-28 at 8.07.04 PM.png
Captain William S. Busik
U.S.S. Hanson
U.S.S. Mayhan

Screen shot 2014-09-28 at 8.07.04 PM.png

Last Edited:
Well, I don't have it. If I did I would gladly hand it over as I think family firearms are important to keep in the family.

Good luck ;-)
I wouldn't. I would hand it over to your smarter kin so it didn't disappear again,though,lol
Seriously,I gave my kid some guns and he sold them for whatever reason he invented at the time.
Last present he will ever get from me
Naaa,good luck
Watch the forums and classifieds for antique guns.Never know.

I read a story somewhere ,that a guy was looking for a WWII vet,1911 that had been in action.
He was watching a few that were around 2k.Another one was around 1k,but it had a name inscribed on it.
Whatever,he bought it.
Googled the name.Crap,there goes 1k as the guy was a war hero.
Got hold of the guy,asked him about the gun and he told the guy the serial number without even thinking about it.The gun had gotten stolen in 1978
So he gave it to the guy and the guy gave him a war vet 1911
Anyway,there is hope of finding it.Maybe start with the store or the guys who worked there then?

My grandfather, the man who taught me to shoot, had a .22 caliber Smith and Wesson he carried under the seat of his Black and White Cab he drove in Portland during the 30's. Best gun I've ever shot. I think of him every time I take it to the range.

Ouch, I can only imagine...:confused:o_O

My family guns aren't worth a whole lot to anyone but me thankfully, but sometimes I kinda wish my family would have been more firearm oriented and passed some neat stuff down to me.:rolleyes:

Best of luck! This seems like a great place to start.

A family friend died and left me a Springfield M-1A with a US GI stock with selector switch cutout and an original M21 scope mount and ART IV scope with ranging reticle. I already had an M-1A my dad had bought pre-ban for around $800. I had no use for another one. Guy at the range was talking to me about it and asked what I wanted for it (post ban). I said $1200 as a wild shot in the dark and he had the check written before I could finish saying it.

I sure understand how you feel. My dad was an AAF pilot in WWII. He was flying fuel and ammo into captured German airfields as fast as the General could capture them. German prisioners were being used to unload the C-47s. My dad got knifed by a prisioner when he went looking for a souvenir. The G.I. that took out the German traded him a 1944 Walther P-38 for a bottle of gin. That pistol has a lot of value to me and I would be heartbroken if anything ever happened to it. I doubt it is worth anything close to your 1911 except to me, but I sure understand the value it holds to you today as a family memento. I hope you get lucky. After all, a guy has to get get lucky every now and again.

Jbett98 is spot on! northwest armory knows who the gun sold to! Do you still have your paperwork from the trade-in? That will help them, help you !

You can get it back if you research it a little... Make sure you tell them you have made a mistake and sold a family heirloom!!

Yep somewhere is a 8 shot .22 revolver snub nose that I wish I still had. Not even sure what it was just have a lot of fond memories of that gun...........oh to be a kid again.........

image.jpg
Been there once.

I still have it. Sold it to a cousin who I paid back with interest a year later. On the wall now as an heirloom.

It happens.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top