JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
High stakes for gun owners in Tuesday’s Senate election

This is a high-stakes election because it could shift the majority in the Senate, and for gun owners, the importance of that can be summed up in one name: Charles Schumer. The senior Senator from New York State, Schumer is one of Capitol Hill’s most vociferous and fanatical gun prohibitionists. He is the man who infamously announced with glee back in November 1993, following passage of the Brady Law, “We’re here to tell the NRA their nightmare is true.”

<broken link removed>

Or try this:

<broken link removed>

You are making the assumption that Angle beats Reid in NV Dave, and while I'd like that, Schumer scares the heck out of me worse than ol' Harry.
Even if the Dems lose control of the Senate this round, they are bound to get it back at some point.
And that means Mr AWB-anti-gun Charlie, as ranking Dem, would be at the controls.

You are making the assumption that Angle beats Reid in NV Dave, and while I'd like that, Schumer scares the heck out of me worse than ol' Harry.
Even if the Dems lose control of the Senate this round, they are bound to get it back at some point.
And that means Mr AWB-anti-gun Charlie, as ranking Dem, would be at the controls.

I'm not making that assumption, the pols are. It's looking bad for Harry, and that's why Chuckie is wearing a smirk. He's just salivating over being Senate Majority Leader.

Shcumer is the only politician I hate worse than Pelosi. The only up side is that after the beating it looks like they're going to take this election cycle I think there would be enough Dems that barely held onto their jobs that wouldn't go anywhere near any new restrictive gun legislation. Al Gore's defeat, in no small part because of his support for gun control, is too recent history for them to ignore.

Yeah, I know. I have brought up the spectre of Chuckie here before. I have no doubt he's licking his chops, reveling in the idea he can have his way.
At least Kennedy and Metzenbaum are gone now.
Now if Boxer and Feinstein, and Durbin and Burris go away, Charlie's anti gun agenda will have fewer teeth, Majority leader or not.
Unfortunately not all of those can go away this cycle.

This is just one reason why I say gridlock can be better for gun owners than bi-partisan cooperation.

It isn't the vote that counts but who counts the votes. There is so much election fraud that who knows how it will turn out. Watch Washington state and the Dino vs Murry in King county. Last time Rossi lost due to voter fraud and the election is close again.

jj

It isn't the vote that counts but who counts the votes. There is so much election fraud that who knows how it will turn out. Watch Washington state and the Dino vs Murry in King county. Last time Rossi lost due to voter fraud and the election is close again.

jj

+1 King County is the keep counting until you get the result you want County in WA. Rossi will have to win by at least 5 points to make up for the sure to come vote counting fraud in King Co if it is close.

We don't live in some 3rd world country where voter fraud is easy! Our system is probably the most secure in the world. If Rossi had lost due to voter fraud the last time he ran, he would have been able to get the election overturned. Have some faith in people. Not everyone is out to cheat, lie or screw us. :huh:

We don't live in some 3rd world country where voter fraud is easy! Our system is probably the most secure in the world. If Rossi had lost due to voter fraud the last time he ran, he would have been able to get the election overturned. Have some faith in people. Not everyone is out to cheat, lie or screw us. :huh:

So I guess when the likes of the new black panthers do their thing at the poles and our government does nothing then we just shrug it off as OK? Who was Rossi going to go to for justice? I have never seen more government corruption in my 58 years as what we have now.

jj

:s0113: Can I have some of what he's smokin???

you haven't heard of the north Carolina machines that voted democrat when the republican lever was pulled have you?

you haven't heard of the north Carolina machines that voted democrat when the republican lever was pulled have you?

Ok. One more time. I'm not saying that that fraud does not exist. What I'm saying is that voting fraud is in the minority in this country. Also, voting machines being just that-machines- it's possible for them to screw up! :D

No, I'm just not as cynical as some here. :s0114:

Why is it when the truth comes out and it's bad news then the people who speak the truth are called cynical? Fact is there is too much voter fraud. Not enough procecution for it and not enough jail time. However the people responsible for the crimes and the punishment are the politicions so what else could we expect?

jj

Why is it when the truth comes out and it's bad news then the people who speak the truth are called cynical? Fact is there is too much voter fraud. Not enough procecution for it and not enough jail time. However the people responsible for the crimes and the punishment are the politicions so what else could we expect?

jj

The truth as you see it does not make it the truth. :D

So I guess when the likes of the new black panthers do their thing at the poles and our government does nothing then we just shrug it off as OK? Who was Rossi going to go to for justice? I have never seen more government corruption in my 58 years as what we have now.

jj

Black Panthers are at the polls in Washington State???

Oh, sorry. You said poles.

Do you mean the North Pole, or that Black Panthers are hanging out with the Polish people?

In the case of Jim here, I want to avoid whatever he's smoking.

Black Panthers are at the polls in Washington State???

Oh, sorry. You said poles.

Do you mean the North Pole, or that Black Panthers are hanging out with the Polish people?

In the case of Jim here, I want to avoid whatever he's smoking.

No you got it wrong of course:D They are out with their skis and poles and looking alot better than you would on the slopes:s0112::s0112:

jj

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads