JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Recived this gun in trade any ideas on how to get these out maybe someone wants to give it a whirl with payment

IMG_20180414_223113.jpg

A little heat & easy outs maybe?

Heat more for incase some clown used red thread lock instead of blue.

Should be able to buy throw away easy outs at harbor freight under $20. Not sure on how small they go though.

put a small flat tip that fits as snug as possible across the torx. Tap on the end with a hammer as you turn the screw driver, tapping only as you turn. The impact should work the screws loose. I would try using some penetrating oil or PB blaster first though.

He got that idea from me. :p:D

JK that is actually a great idea, buy some HF bits and some JB and good to go!
if it were me, id take my dremel with a cutting disk and make it to where i could take it out with a flathead screw driver. not everyones got a dremel tho. JB welds cheap enough

BTW how do you strip a torx ? WTF?
Pretty easy, actually. Substandard screws don't conform to the dimensions well and are easy to tighten but a beotch to get out. Not all torx bits are well made either.
I've had machines where crappy screws are tightened using impact drivers (Milwaukee impact screw gun, etc), and those farkers are near impossible to get out without stripping.
+1 to Torqx & JB Weld
Second option is always heat, but it has to be applied to the other side of the slide. A butane hand held torch would work for that, focusing the heat nicely. Careful though, heating the screw will make it harder.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top