JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So a buddy of mine was out in the woods last Friday.Barney Reservoir area. He said he was just sitting in his truck just minding his own business until he saw something large in the bushes walk by. All of a sudden dirt, branches and debris just starts flying all over the place from a bush that the large thing walked to. He said he was so freaked out that he just started his truck and drove as fast as he could. Question is... what the **** was that? We think it was big foot. BIG FOOT!

My question to you fellas, You guys believe, see, maybe shot a big foot before? I just did a little bit of research on big foot sightings and surprisingly, there are a ton here in the NW. Just wondered what you guys thought. I'll tell you one thing. I believe in it.

So a buddy of mine was out in the woods last Friday.Barney Reservoir area. He said he was just sitting in his truck just minding his own business until he saw something large in the bushes walk by. All of a sudden dirt, branches and debris just starts flying all over the place from a bush that the large thing walked to. He said he was so freaked out that he just started his truck and drove as fast as he could. Question is... what the **** was that? We think it was big foot. BIG FOOT!

My question to you fellas, You guys believe, see, maybe shot a big foot before? I just did a little bit of research on big foot sightings and surprisingly, there are a ton here in the NW. Just wondered what you guys thought. I'll tell you one thing. I believe in it.

As much as I would like to say BF exists - very doubtful and most likely a hoax. I did a lot of research years ago when I believed in them. There is a pile of evidence to support existence but there is also just as much on the opposite side. My "ace in the hole" was the Roger Patterson film. This is the one where the guy is on horseback, sees a creature while he's filming it and gets knocked off his horse. This was reviewed by Disney and other film makers at the time and said that they (film makers) could not reproduce the bio mechanics the creature had......I read numerous articles on this on how this could not have been a guy in a monkey suit or faked.

guess what? One of the guy's who was with him Roger that day confessed on his death bed. It's a fake.

There's alot more like this. Hair samples, fecal samples etc that cannot be traced back to a specific creature, so when you read books written by those who believe in BF you walk away with" it must be a primate..more specifically bigfoot." There is also a BF that is crippled and has a deformed foot. They have several molds of thsi foot and the scientists know which bones in the foot are deformed to make a print of this fashion. Once again, who knows what they casted, but like anything else you stare it long enough you might just think its a mold of a Yeti, Bigfoot, Nessy or anything else. This reminds me of the time I saw BF when I was 12 camping. I was running down the path ahead of everyone else looked up and saw a big black bigfoot. ran back scared to death - went back with others and it was a partially burned tree - my mind played tricks on me.

There are still guys who actively hunt BF as there has been for years. My hunch is if BF existed we would have definitive proof by now....Like zoo proof.

One of the guy's who was with him Roger that day confessed on his death bed. It's a fake.
Yes - was all on a documentary a couple of years ago. Even the guy who was in the suit and did the famous 'walk' in the Patterson film denied it and refused to talk but a hidden camera was used to watch him come out of his house to get the paper, mail etc. and his stride and arm motions were a spot on match for the 'Bigfoot' in the film. I believe they even still had the costume he wore.

The fact that there were several species of giant, bipedal 'Sasquatch-like' apes in the distant past is a small plus that there might be a 'Bigfoot' type of creature running around out there. However, these were all in Asia. The fact that, unlike camels, giant 6-foot long beavers and elephants, there were never any primates of any type...ever...in North America is a big negative. And, the Patterson film aside (which is quite compelling for a number of reasons), there is no other good film evidence of such a creature, let alone a body, bones or fossils. Some folks have captured quite good photos of what appears to be an orangutan in the Florida Everglades, but that is quite easily explained. So...who knows? Until credible physical evidence is brought forth...not dermal ridges in plaster casts...not unknown primate hair taken from water holes in the woods... but actual physical remains or a live body, this controversy will never be settled.

OTOH, if you were a relatively intelligent ape who wore a ghillie suit for clothes and didn't want to be found...:s0131:

Keith

It's funny. Almost everyone has a good camera in their pocket these days. Yet there is zero photographic evidence.

Yes. And with the proliferation of trailcameras...

Of course, the reason those don't work is that the creatures somehow can see the (passive) IR detection system, and so avoid the cameras. Ooooh Kaaay.

Keith

For all the reasons stated by others here, and a healthy dose of skepticism instilled by my parents who viewed everything analytically (My Mom simply HATED what she called, "Gee Whiz shows" on television), bolstered by not a small amount of education in the sciences, I know Bigfoot cannot exist.

Now, for those who are inclined to believe, and watch the "Gee Whiz" shows with genuine amazement and fear of things not proven, I would suggest you examine any and all documentaries of persons "tracking" Bigfoot, finding "evidence", etc., etc., ad nauseum.

Being a hunter from just past infancy, and hunting in areas frequently where dangerous critters DO exist in the woods, and learning to be familiar with how to deal with them, I know for a fact that if I actually believed that in North America, a seven foot primate was prowling the wilderness, capable of and reported to attack and eat humans, If I set out to look for it, I'd bring along an essential tool for not only my survival, but the very best tool to secure proof; thus making me one of the richest men in the world. This tool would be no less than a .375 H&H Magnum.

Watch the "documentaries" about Bigfoot, look for the "believers" to equip themselves in a similar fashion while they traipse the backcountry for this vicious maneater they swear exists. Holland and Holland (or even Oliver Winchester or Sam Colt) are not the companions of members of the "faith". There's your acid test.

P.S.: Thanks, Mom.

Yes - was all on a documentary a couple of years ago. Even the guy who was in the suit and did the famous 'walk' in the Patterson film denied it and refused to talk but a hidden camera was used to watch him come out of his house to get the paper, mail etc. and his stride and arm motions were a spot on match for the 'Bigfoot' in the film. I believe they even still had the costume he wore.

I am not a true believer of bigfoot, but the "confession" rumor was deemed untrue and that guy that claimed to be in the suit lost his deal to sell his story when it turned out he told different versions of the story to different papers trying to sell interviews. After some digging it was discovered he was not even in the area at the time of the filming and that the claims he made about the suit did not match examinations of the film.

Do I personally believe in bigfoot? I think it is possible...but lots of things are possible. I think there is a lot more evidence of bigfoot than there is of an all-powerful being that lives in the sky...and a lot of people choose to believe in that.

As for people having cell phones...have you ever tried to take a pic of something quickly with your phone? It takes me at least 10-15 seconds just to get the camera loaded.

There are probably many reasons why nobody has a good shot or video of a bigfoot. Some to name a few is people dont just walk around with a camera in the ready position. Or maybe these bigfoots are just better at detecting our presence that we are at detecting them, so they run or hide way before we can see or smell them. Another reason maybe since the first early sightings from white america, we have developed and moved in so far in their habitat that they had no choice but to go deeper in the the woods. Hence, how often do we as a human civilization go to places where our trucks can't go, or where there isn't a path that wasn't walked through for a hundred years.

Just saying, they are probably deep deep in the forest, and better trackers than we are.

And don't forget about the M.I.B...

Speaking of the Patterson video, the only thing that keeps me even remotely entertaining the idea of a real North American ape is that very video.

The video appears to show that whatever was filmed has, among other things, big breasts, a sagittal crest, and the flexing and movement of huge muscle groups (calves, triceps, quadraceps) and bones (shoulder blades) under the fur. Quite an elaborate suit, especially for something supposedly put together by a couple of cowboys. The best Hollywood could come up with a few years later was the rubber face masks worn by the actors in Planet of the Apes.

That said, the big potential 'fail' in this video is the lack of movement of the butt muscles. That big lump just hangs there, much like a fanny pack. But...not many primates have nice looking butts. Ever see a female chimp's...?!?

I really don't know... They recently discovered a new species of previously unknown giant chimp (gorilla sized) in Africa and a new rhino in SE Asia.

Here's a pretty good video that eliminates the original film's jittery nature. You decide.

YouTube - ‪MK Davis/Patterson Film-Full Speed&Full Size/Slomo&Zoom‬‏

Keith

That said, the big potential 'fail' in this video is the lack of movement of the butt muscles. That big lump just hangs there, much like a fanny pack. But...not many primates have nice looking butts. Ever see a female chimp's...?!?

I really don't know... They recently discovered a new species of previously unknown giant chimp (gorilla sized) in Africa and a new rhino in SE Asia.

Keith

So Trainsktg, that new chimp species, how does it's butt look? :s0114:

Hello ASPCA, there's this guy on a local forum

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR