JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Some have been preparing since 1976; especially those who were lucky enough to have made it past the 1960s abortion chambers.

Following the baby boomers (the bubble) from day one, people born in the late 50s and early 60s become well-accustomed to doors slamming shut, and they learn real fast when its time to hurry-through.

Those born after the early 60s can hear a party in the next room, but the door has been removed. I retired in 2003 and actually enjoying life....go figure.

I'm from CA, and I'm proud to say that I escaped when I joined the service in 79; on the advice of my uncles and grandparents. Been here since 2001, and this is my f-ing state too!

To the people wanting an enjoyable life; EARN IT FOR YOURSELVES! :D

I've long since referred to myself and a political refugee from California, well before that was a 'cool' thing to say. I moved here is 2000 to escape the madness of the SF bay area and make a better life for my family and myself. Thing is, when I came here, I came with an open mind; as did my wife, who is from Germany and hence grew up in a 'social democracy'. It is safe to say, our family are both pretty liberal, yet we both support private gun ownership and embrace self-responsibility and (deeply) limited government.

I do not care from where you hail, but don't come here and try to change Oregon to wherever it is you came from!

DJM

Don't think any of us from CA or anywhere else need to justify moving to Oregon. From what I have seen, parts of OR were in dire need of the contribution Californians have made to their gene pool.

Ya that has been the kali way, come up and screw us and call it adding to the gene pool. Thinking like that got us sb941:D

SB941
Chief Sponsors: Senator Prozanski , Senator Burdick , Representative Williamson , <broken link removed>
Regular Sponsors: <broken link removed> , Senator Dembrow , Senator Hass , Senator Monnes Anderson , Senator Monroe , Senator Riley , Representative Barnhart , <broken link removed> , <broken link removed> , Senator Steiner Hayward , Representative Doherty , <broken link removed> , Representative Frederick , Representative Gorsek , Representative Greenlick , Representative Holvey , Representative Keny-Guyer , <broken link removed> , Representative McLain , Representative Smith Warner , Representative Taylor , <broken link removed>
How many of these were Californians?

SB941
Chief Sponsors: Senator Prozanski , Senator Burdick , Representative Williamson , <broken link removed>
Regular Sponsors: <broken link removed> , Senator Dembrow , Senator Hass , Senator Monnes Anderson , Senator Monroe , Senator Riley , Representative Barnhart , <broken link removed> , <broken link removed> , Senator Steiner Hayward , Representative Doherty , <broken link removed> , Representative Frederick , Representative Gorsek , Representative Greenlick , Representative Holvey , Representative Keny-Guyer , <broken link removed> , Representative McLain , Representative Smith Warner , Representative Taylor , <broken link removed>
How many of these were Californians?

It was the kalifornians that voted them in... It's a free country so we all come and go as we please, it would just be nice if when people came here they didn't pollute the politics. Why did ya'll leave kali if you just want to turn this state into the same hell?

The Oregon gene-pool seems fine to me; having lived in 12 states and on two other continents. I feel right at home here in Yamhill County, and Oregon generally treats veteran's very well.

I am truly grateful.

While my conservative votes are mere pin-pricks to the ruling class, they can't find it within themselves to turn down the 50% of my retirement dollars I spend here.

I'd spend more here if the I-5 corridor's ideology was closer to the "center".

The so-called conservatives who don't vote don't get my business either.

Don't think any of us from CA or anywhere else need to justify moving to Oregon. From what I have seen, parts of OR were in dire need of the contribution Californians have made to their gene pool.

California has more than their fair share of gene pool deficient areas: Stockton, Oakland, Modesto, Fresno...

I don't think Californian's need to 'justify' coming to Oregon, nor do I think Californians should be throwing stones at the state they've moved to. If California was so great we'd still be living there.

DJM

This desalination plant is for OCEAN water...hence the name DE-SALINE..:D

So, they will pump the polluted salty ocean water, and then will have a HUGE problem with the Saline (salt, etc) that they removed from the ocean waters.

I know, Bury it in fracking areas.........YES!

Oh, that may be a problem.o_O...what about surrounding ground water???:(

I know, put 100# sacks of salt on sale, minimum order of 10 sacks, and let the consumer take advantage of this once in a lifetime savings....:)

Any other ideas out there???:confused:
That's not how this works - that's not how any of this works.
http://i.lvme.me/v8ccqht.jpg
They modestly increase the salt concentration in the wastewater stream and dump it back into the sea. It takes far less energy than it would to pull all the water out and leave solid salt behind. All RO systems work that way.

Okay, I was way out of line on my gene pool comment. I apologize to all Oregonians. I mentioned before that I felt the same towards California as Oregonians feel towards Oregon. If CA changes I would return. If I read of verbal attacks by Californians on Oregonians, I would defend Oregon. I have been here since 1996. When someone or something I love is attacked, I respond in kind. The more attacks I read on Californians, The more upset I got. Oregon has treated me exceptionally well. I count many native Oregonians as close friends and hope to count them among my close friends for life. I apologize.

Personally if people don't like other people coming in from other parts of the country they can pack sand. Its an Americans' right to live where the heck they want to live in the united states as long as they can afford to. Show me where it says you cant in the constitution. I personally don't like Washington drivers working in Oregon, congesting our streets - guess what I cant change that so I have learned to accept it.

Personally if people don't like other people coming in from other parts of the country they can pack sand. Its an Americans' right to live where the heck they want to live in the united states as long as they can afford to. Show me where it says you cant in the constitution. I personally don't like Washington drivers working in Oregon, congesting our streets - guess what I cant change that so I have learned to accept it.

Glad you think that way cause Obama has a plan to integrate your neighborhood. Going to make sure you get your wishes.:D Errr do you need me to show you or can you look it up for yourself.:D

JRuby
Washington drivers clogging Oregon (Portland) streets are an endangered species. Soon the demoncrat controlled government will decree there will be only bicycles on the streets . . .

Sheldon

Glad you think that way cause Obama has a plan to integrate your neighborhood. Going to make sure you get your wishes.:D Errr do you need me to show you or can you look it up for yourself.:D
You dont even know what your talking abOut how should I know what you mean.

JRuby
Washington drivers clogging Oregon (Portland) streets are an endangered species. Soon the demoncrat controlled government will decree there will be only bicycles on the streets . . .

Sheldon

You should be thanking every Washington person whom works in Oregon for paying taxes into your system and not receiving any services. The only service we use is the roads and they they suck. Just my two cents.

You should be thanking every Washington person whom works in Oregon for paying taxes into your system and not receiving any services. The only service we use is the roads and they they suck. Just my two cents.
But I am not to me they are inconveniences.

Regardless of the state (s), the OP'S premise is well-supported.

Communism is marching fast and strong against austerity, because of the Keynesian monetary policies (large numbers of corporations and people are receiving money, hedging, and other assistance in exchange for doing little or nothing, and or having done nothing!).

The entitlement era is here along side of the era of lawlessness; some see the need to prepare and protect their interests.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top