JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Finally. Someone is thinking with a level head. Reading comprehension isn't a lost art after all. I consider this a win.

Now, lets hope this reins in the BATFE. :):cool:

" Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker enacted the bump stock ban through an administrative rule official notice in 2018. He argued that bump stocks qualified as "machine guns" because they allowed a person to fire a semiautomatic firearm continuously with just a single pull of the trigger."

"Contrarily, the defense was ready to call a retired ATF expert witnesses, Rick Vasquez, to confirm that bump stocks did not convert a semiautomatic firearm into a machine gun. Bump stocks cause a gun to increase the fire rate but fail to meet the statutory threshold definition of a machine gun."

"If something doesn't meet the definition of a machine gun, it's not a machine gun," defense attorney Tom Berg said. "And no amount of wishing or passing rules can change it."

"The ruling proved that gun rights activists were right when they declared the ban unconstitutional. Gun control activists celebrated the triumph of administrative tyranny without realizing that due process had to be followed to convict Americans persecuted for exercising their constitutional rights."

Now, lets hope this reins in the BATFE. :):cool:

Sorry, but the "E" to me is just fanning feathers and I personally will not give them credit for all the letters. They were and always will be to me simply....the "ATF". End of story for me. The more letters, the fatter their heads are.

Then, IMO, the definition of a machine gun needs to be changed to incorporate the so called bump stock. It is a shame that so many people lost their lives due to grammar, punctuation, tense, mis-implication, good will, bad will, or murder on their mind in any way possible.

Then, IMO, the definition of a machine gun needs to be changed to incorporate the so called bump stock. It is a shame that so many people lost their lives due to grammar, punctuation, tense, mis-implication, good will, bad will, or murder on their mind in any way possible.

How many crimes(violent or otherwise) have been committed with the use of bumpstocks?

When you come back with a number near zip, zilch, nada.. then can you give me any justifiable reason that they ought to be restricted?

TIA.

How many crimes(violent or otherwise) have been committed with the use of bumpstocks?

When you come back with a number near zip, zilch, nada.. then can you give me any justifiable reason that they ought to be restricted?

TIA.
To further your point, even if there were crimes associated with bumpstocks, there are still far more perpetrated with handguns so why not ban them? Why not ban hammers or fists? It still takes a bad person to commit the crime.

I find it tiresome the number of people that attempt to change the meaning of a word or phrase to meet their agenda.

TIA.

In today's world.....
Logic and an actual need for legislation has nothing to do with it because.....
your-rights-end-where-my-feelings-begin.jpg

Aloha, Mark

TIA.
There was that CIA agen...I mean violent gunman in las vegas that triggered the whole gun stock ban.

Statist much ? A person with malice in their heart who wants to harm others will not be deterred by laws no matter how voluminous and how verbose they become.

Tell you what.....

Let's outlaw MURDER.

Then add.....
Any additional VIOLATION(s) WHILE IN THE COMMISSION OF MURDER (i.e. the use of a knife, gun, explosive, poison, hammer, motor vehicle, etc....) will result in.........
double-secret-probation.jpg

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
It sets a precedence for future cases.

No -- trial court decisions are never precedential and the withdrawal of a charge by the prosecutor is even less valuable. The only cases that are precedential are published court of appeals cases but only in the region that court rules over, and Supreme Court cases (for the entire state if a state SC, for the entire US if SCOTUS).

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top