JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
With all the nonsense going on, I was going to buy a few more AR15 lower receivers, just in case.

I emailed my LGS about his fees for ordering 4 of them since there are 4 lines in the 4473 form. Below is his answer with some stuff "redacted" for his privacy. Basically if you order even 2 firearms, you will probably get the ATF and local police doing a cavity search.

So both federal and local government agencies are now tracking everything we buy.

I was going to buy 4 lowers, but I guess I will now only buy 2. Apparently I will already be in their records since I have bought many firearms from him since 2008. I don't need to attract any more attention than I probably already have.

This is a VERY reputable LGS in the Portland area. I have no reason to doubt anything he says.

Yep still here,

every 2 lower receiver are at $25.00 that is with back ground check and more are $15.00 ea. if they are put on the form at the same time only 1 back ground check fee charged. ATF states that if you are buying more than 2 of a item you are either selling them and will come to your home to find out what you are doing with them and if you get caught selling them they will take legal action against you for not have a FFL to sell firearms. This is what is happening now under the guide lines, I am suppose to notified ATF if you are purchasing more that 2 item classified as firearm, Right now I am having to send to ATF a form that if you purchase 2 hand guns at the same week a form to Police Department and to ATF Tracing center and on the lowers if you are purchasing more that 2 you are a dealer and will have a very long talk with you about it.

I have already had to go thru all files since 2008 all people who have purchase more than 1 firearm and send in reports to ATF and it was not fun.

I will still do it for you but I will have to fill out a report that you purchased more than 2 .

LOL on the FOIA

However the audit he went through was not fun. I bought my most recent gun from him (actually bought it via Gunbroker, but he was the LGS I used). I picked it up on a Friday and the ATF as at his business earlier that week. He said that the only reason he could do the BGC was because he already received the gun. He was not permitted to sell any more guns until the audit was done, which took several weeks, and as you can see in his comments, he had to go back to 2008. And it wasn't just to verify that he didn't sell a firearm to someone without doing a BGC, he also had to tell them who bought more than 1 gun from him in that time period.

This is totally F-ed up.

That's not a normal audit, it's an investigation.
All dealers have had to do multiple form's on handgun's. since 99 that I know of .
The AR15 receiver redefinition only came out a few years ago as having to do a multiple form.

There is not much that you do in your daily life that the government doesn't already know if that want to. The era of having privacy has been gone for a long time. Just by being on this site you have opened yourself up to government scrutiny.

Sounds like that guy was not recording his books correctly and may have to do some extra stuff to get caught up and in compliance with ATF regulations.

The only report for more than one firearm purchased is for handguns only (unless you are a southern border state). If your FFL is selling you your lowers as "receiver only" and not recording it as a pistol, or a rifle then he does not have to file the multiple handgun sale report. Sounds like your guy is charging more and giving you excuses as to why.

Just because he is a reputable LGS owner in the Portland area does not mean he knows what he is doing, or that he is not willing to gouge you on the price of a transfer for an item he didn't sell you....

If it were me, I would find a new FFL that didn't charge the extra fees for how many items you were buying at the same time. FYI, there are 4 spaces for firearms on the 4473 but you can buy as many as you want on one transaction and the state still only charges $10 for the check. If more than 4 firearms are being bought on the same transaction the FFL just attaches a copy of the additional items being purchased on the form 4473.

So they come to your home. At least that way we'd all find out if what your FFL says is true. Personally, I don't believe it. I believe your story, @tourproto, but I don't believe that the ATF has enough manpower to do jack squat. So what if they walk up to your home and ask questions. And if they ask to see the lowers, ask for the warrant. If they have a warrant, show them the lowers. So what...

If you change your behavior based on rumors of government power, then you have already relinquished your rights and are no longer a free man.

The multiple handgun sales report (Form 3310.4) has been around for a very long time as it is codified in the Gun Control Act of 1968. For whatever it is worth, back in January, I had two handguns (both revolvers) transferred through the local kitchen table FFL on the same day (easier logistically for both me and the FFL fellow), and the additional paperwork was filed with ATF and the Sheriff's Department. I heard from neither agency, let alone had a "very long talk."

I have a college buddy who worked at the NSA while he was in the Army... crap, now I have to killl you :eek:... Anyway, did not say what his job was, but he did say there is no way they can watch everybody. The volume of information they process is so huge, they must prioritize. Most of us have no reason to be on their "radar" for anything. There are too many harmless gun owners, conspiracy theroists, etc. for any of us to ever raise any kind of red flag... until you *are* on the radar for something incredibly stupid. At which point, you will be so screwed, there will be nothing you can do about it. Nothing to see here. All is well.:cool:

images (2).jpeg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top