Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Big brother becoming more advanced

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by clearconscience, Nov 8, 2012.

1. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

2. Father of four

Father of four Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

No, and if The people just keep laying down and saying nothing it will get worse in the weeks , months and years to come.

3. Father of four

I am all for catching the bad guys, but what is happening is while they are trying to catch the bad guys they are also taking our freedoms and our rights away.

4. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Hey, its the will of the people, they voted for this bunch... Deal with it. :rolleyes:

Adam12 and (deleted member) like this.
  5. Mr. Ben

Mr. Ben Snohomish Co. Active Member

Slightly over 1/2 of the VOTING citizens wanted this. They don't speak for me.

6. fd15k

fd15k Tigard,OR Well-Known Member

Funny you should mention it. How do you interpret opinion of the ones that didn't vote ? Were they against or in favor ? :D

7. Father of four

:noway: :bawling: I dont wanna. It's not fair. :bawling: :noway:

8. Spray-n-pray

Spray-n-pray Battle Ground Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

Who cares? They chose not to have a say in the matter.

Adam12 and (deleted member) like this.
  9. fd15k

fd15k Tigard,OR Well-Known Member

Or maybe that's exactly what they did - they said "we are okay with either outcome". So technically they can be counted along with those in favor.

10. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Doesn't matter, just wait until your new healthcare system goes into full effect in 2014... It's the will of the people, deal with it. ;)

11. Boomerang

Boomerang Portland area Active Member

On a related note, I just love all those license plate reading cameras at all the stoplights around Portland and outlying areas....

12. Swedish K

Swedish K SW Washington Moderator Staff Member

Not if proper aim is taken! By the time the detector tells the camera to pan/zoom it should have take a bullet...

I probably posted this before but one of my favorite news stories was the last pic taken by a photo radar in Folsom. A distant outline of a guy holding a rifle with a nice muzzle flash. Guess they didn't have the manpower to go after everyone who received a ticket from the system as suspects.

oknow and (deleted member) like this.
  13. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

14. Father of four

Hopefully the good guys will stand up if needed. The good guys both from the government and the citizens.

Long live America!

oknow, Burt Gummer, mosinguy and 3 others like this.
  15. 8ball

8ball WA Quit talkin' and start chalking!

This is just PR. I don't see how a Shotspotter could be retrofitted with facial recognition in urban environments without a huge expense. Sound waves don't require line of sight, but cameras do. Shotspotter uses 10-20 sensors per square mile. That's not even 10% of the sort of camera density you see in high surveillance cities like London and New York, and even that density is insufficient for facial recognition which requires very high resolution.

So basically, yes, you could bolt a camera to one of these, but it's likely to be expensive and ineffective in most scenarios, and almost certainly useless for facial recognition in the real world.

In the case of a legal defensive use of a firearm, a camera can be your friend. Look at Gerald Ung in Philly who was acquitted of a defensive shoot, based partly on CCTV footage of his attackers.

16. Mr. Ben

Mr. Ben Snohomish Co. Active Member

Those who are eligible, but choose not to vote, in my mind, are scumbags. Their opinion does not matter if they don't get out and VOTE.

17. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

And you think your vote actually counts for anything more than a puddle of piss? Wake up.

Burt Gummer and (deleted member) like this.
  18. Karma

Karma the woods in Oregon Active Member

Our election system is completely fraudulent now imho. Remember, its not who votes that determines a election, but who counts the votes.

Burt Gummer and (deleted member) like this.
  19. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

[video=youtube;TuET0kpHoyM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TuET0kpHoyM#![/video]

20. biggie24420

biggie24420 Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

Everything you do online is being monitored now days. The NSA is not there to bake cookies boys and girls. We are slaves, we have no rights, we have owners. It's a hard pill to swallow but they have something on everyone and at a click of a button, they can come and kick your door down. I am middle eastern, I own legal guns and I just purchased over three thousand rounds of ammo last month. At anytime they can call me a terrorist and kick my doors down and you will never see me again. Biggie24420 who?

If voting could change anything, it would be illegal. We saw how our votes counted during the 2012 election. It's not your vote that counts, it's who counts them that matters! remember that. Hope for the best and expect the worst my brothers and sisters because you ain't seen nothing yet. If we don't study history, we are doomed to repeat it again.

Happy holidays :)

rur862, CounterOfBeans, oknow and 5 others like this.