JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not if proper aim is taken! By the time the detector tells the camera to pan/zoom it should have take a bullet...

I probably posted this before but one of my favorite news stories was the last pic taken by a photo radar in Folsom. A distant outline of a guy holding a rifle with a nice muzzle flash. Guess they didn't have the manpower to go after everyone who received a ticket from the system as suspects.

This is just PR. I don't see how a Shotspotter could be retrofitted with facial recognition in urban environments without a huge expense. Sound waves don't require line of sight, but cameras do. Shotspotter uses 10-20 sensors per square mile. That's not even 10% of the sort of camera density you see in high surveillance cities like London and New York, and even that density is insufficient for facial recognition which requires very high resolution.

So basically, yes, you could bolt a camera to one of these, but it's likely to be expensive and ineffective in most scenarios, and almost certainly useless for facial recognition in the real world.

In the case of a legal defensive use of a firearm, a camera can be your friend. Look at Gerald Ung in Philly who was acquitted of a defensive shoot, based partly on CCTV footage of his attackers.

Everything you do online is being monitored now days. The NSA is not there to bake cookies boys and girls. We are slaves, we have no rights, we have owners. It's a hard pill to swallow but they have something on everyone and at a click of a button, they can come and kick your door down. I am middle eastern, I own legal guns and I just purchased over three thousand rounds of ammo last month. At anytime they can call me a terrorist and kick my doors down and you will never see me again. Biggie24420 who?

If voting could change anything, it would be illegal. We saw how our votes counted during the 2012 election. It's not your vote that counts, it's who counts them that matters! remember that. Hope for the best and expect the worst my brothers and sisters because you ain't seen nothing yet. If we don't study history, we are doomed to repeat it again.

Happy holidays :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads