JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Steve, it looks like your son(?) had his finger in the trigger guard while loading and moving to the table... while having a fun time shooting we need to ensure that set a good example of gun safety to the young folks. I know I started my boys out young and they love guns... they all have laid claims to certain firearms in my safe...like vultures circling. :)

no way should he be rapid firing it.The muzzle was not under control,imho.
I like that young shooters get trigger time,but safety is way more important than just blasting away for the fun factor. Hopefully you will take this as constructive criticism.

Agreed, nice to take the young ones out, but the first thing I noticed was no eye or ear protection for either of them, nor anyone in back ground when camera swung around at the end.

The second thing I noticed was that the adult had NO Trigger control what so ever. His finger was on the trigger from time he loaded the mag in the rifle, til he set it down on the rest, and then the boy took over.

Third, the boy had no proper technique of how to properly hold a rifle firm in his shoulder, then again when he rapid fired the weapon and started falling back in his chair, it looked as though the muzzle was higher than the surrounding hillsides, therefore he was shooting into the air and the Unknown. If he had more rounds, i'm pretty sure they all would have gone up in the air and no way to tell where they went!

Like others above, take this as constructive criticism, not an arse chewing....

Stay Safe.

Sorry that your "showing off the grand kids" thread went sideways, but when you teach bad habits to kids,the never leave and then you have more people that don't handle guns properly
Arse chewing is in order. By the time my kid was that big he knew how to handle an SKS easily.Standing with weight forward to control the recoil. And pretty dang good with a handgun too.
I would suggest trying a bolt action for these guys for a while.

Yes,get 'em going while they are young' is a good deal.As long as we teach them properly.

fellas.... the kids are in training with the 22's (10/22) & 22 mags (sav. bolt) they are in colorado, and i questioned my son about this.....he said there is nothing in front of them for 50 mi. this is the first time they shot the sks, and probably not again for awhile......good thinken !!

steven

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top