JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Goofy looking, but that's what you have to deal with. It must be a nice change from the long guns when you bring those out. Not so easy to hit accurate as a rifle at rest. An enjoyable challenge I imagine. Do a lot of the members have handguns? And did you have to do anything extra special to be allowed the Rugers?

Last Edited:
When I touched on off, EVERYBODY got it.
There was a member at one of the clean-ups that took out, I believe was, a .460 sumthin'. In a bear gun/short barrel. Good Lord! Several places down on the line the percussion was extreme! Every one backed off the line while those that dared took a couple of shots.

Goofy looking, but that's what you have to deal with. It must be a nice change from the long guns when you bring those out. Not so easy to hit accurate as a rifle at rest. An enjoyable challenge I imagine. Do a lot of the members have handguns? And did you have to do anything extra special to be allowed the Rugers?
Mike, here on MAINLAND UK - that's England, Scotland and Wales, this kind of device has no exact description in law. It can be called a long-barrelled revolver OR a rifle, due to the fact that the extension is an immoveable part of the gun. Some counties police call it one, and others, another. Mine call it a long-barrelled revolver, as you can see here - about half-way down page 1 -

1675271537247.png

All I have by way of firearms are described as Section 1 [Rifled] firearms. Any shotgun with a barrel less than 24" is classed as a Section 1 firearm, as is ANY RIFLED replica of a black powder muzzleloader - replica smoothbores are classed as shotguns. You may own an original, but if you want to shoot it, then you must have this Section 1 Firearms Certificate - I wrote a long screed a few years back how this document was obtained, resulting in much mirth and general disbelief from your side of the Great Water. It really needed to have been made into a sticky, if only to show you, and remind you, just how lucky you are.

For those who may not have seen this thing before - here y'are - NO LAFFIN'!

1675271825287.png

We CAN have a semi-auto, but only in .22LR calibre. Thankishly there are not only a good few variations of the 1911, CZ and others, and lots of competitions for all calibres. Lots to see on Youtube, too, if you've a mind to see them, and are charitable in your comments.

Meanwhile, over in Northern Ireland, there are NO restrictions on the type of handgun you may own - providing you can show 'good reason' and have a gun club membership. The Northern Ireland IPSC team is very highly regarded, indeed, a whole dedicated range has recently been built to accommodate pistol-shooting, concentrating on competitive shooting of the kind that most here would instantly recognise.

Last Edited:
Mike, here on MAINLAND UK - that's England, Scotland and Wales, this kind of device has no exact description in law. It can be called a long-barrelled revolver OR a rifle, due to the fact that the extension is an immoveable part of the gun. Some counties police call it one, and others, another. Mine call it a long-barrelled revolver, as you can see here - about half-way down page 1 -

View attachment 1357218

All I have by way of firearms are described as Section 1 [Rifled] firearms. Any shotgun with a barrel less than 24" is classed as a Section 1 firearm, as is ANY replica of a black powder muzzleloader. You may own and original, but if you want to shoot it, then you must have this Section 1 Firearms Certificate - I wrote a long screed a few years back how this document was obtained, resulting in much mirth and general disbelief from your side of the Great Water. It really needed to have been made into a sticky, if only to show you, and remind you, just how lucky you are.

For those who may not have seen this thing before - here y'are - NO LAFFIN'!

View attachment 1357219

We CAN have a semi-auto, but only in .22LR calibre. Thankishly there are not only a good few variations of the 1911, CZ and others, and lots of competitions for all calibres. Lots to see on Youtube, too, if you've a mind to see them, and are charitable in your comments.

Meanwhile, over in Northern Ireland, there are NO restrictions on the type of handgun you may own - providing you can show 'good reason' and have a gun club membership. The Northern Ireland OPSC team is very highly regarded, indeed, a whole dedicated range has recently been built to accommodate pistol-shooting, concentrating on competitive shooting of the kind that most here would instantly recognise.
Well that's a fine, impressive list of arms there! I get it, no extra paper or money for a revolver with a steel rod welded to it.
See, on this side of the "Pond" I don't think we see ourselves as "Lucky" per se. We see ourselves as Americans that have been blessed with great freedoms into this great country. We are "Unlucky", maybe, because of all the traitors trying to trample the freedoms we are born with.

Well that's a fine, impressive list of arms there! I get it, no extra paper or money for a revolver with a steel rod welded to it.
See, on this side of the "Pond" I don't think we see ourselves as "Lucky" per se. We see ourselves as Americans that have been blessed with great freedoms into this great country. We are "Unlucky", maybe, because of all the traitors trying to trample the freedoms we are born with.
Mike, if you look at the very bottom there are another three authorised to acquire - a .451 rifle [my Whitworth] and two .577cal [either one my two Sniders and the Pritchett Volunteer rifle] - so, another three entered on the other side of the page.

The one document covers ALL your firearms, no matter ho many you have. All ammunition purchases are entered on another page, as well - there are eight pages in the document and you must have it in your possession whenever you are moving the guns around, just in case you are stopped. I've never EVER been stopped, but I know one club member who was stopped for some reason. When your licence plate comes up on the police ANPR, it also, so I'm told, indicates that the owner of the car is a firearms certificate [FAC] holder. It might be true or not, I really don't know.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads