JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I have been thinking about getting a big bore AR upper. I would like it to use regular GI mags or Magpul Mags. I was thinking something along the lines of .458 SOCOM or .50 Beowulf. Either of those would mean I would likely have to get into reloading if I want to go shooting much. Does anyone have experience with either of those cartridges? Anyone know which would be the least expensive to shoot if I was reloading? Any recommendations? Thanks.

My brother has a .458 Socom. It's pretty sweet. It's also expensive to shoot. He reloads for it and he told me the brass alone cost almost a buck each new. There is a lot of good load info on the web if you do some searching. You can use the standard mags with it which is a plus. A 30 round mag will hold 10 of the .458 rounds.

I've owned an RRA .458S for about 3 years now and I love it. It's my semi-auto 45/70. I've put over 400 rounds through it, all hand
loads, both cast and jacketed bullets. The cases cost about .80 apiece, but because of the .458S low chamber presure, they seem to last forever. For more information I sugest you look here. www.458socomforums.com - Index

Jack :cool:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top