Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Big 5

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by IheartGUNS, Aug 19, 2012.

1. IheartGUNS

IheartGUNS WaCo Well-Known Member

Went to Big 5 in tigard, I had to look twice and scratch my eyes. At first I thought it was an airsoft rifle, but the muzzle end was black! I said to the person behind the counter: Can I check out that m1a airsoft toy? Besides the M1a they also have the sig m400. I guess the wait won't be long until albertsons, target, safeway etc...will start to carry firearms.

2. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Don't quite get what you're talking about.

novamind, mjbskwim, Benihaus and 5 others like this.
  3. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

All the Big 5's I have ever been to carry guns???????? What does this have to do with other places carrying firearms?????? Isn't Big 5 a sporting goods store as in guns are sporting goods???????

I bought my first shotgun at a Big 5 and even haggled over the price to get it.

4. DEADTIME

DEADTIME Coeur D alene Active Member

Though big 5's have carried guns in the past it was almost always hunting rifles and shotguns with a tiny smidge of mil surp thrown in. The op might be talking about actual modern tactical weapons you would actually buy.

IheartGUNS and (deleted member) like this.
  5. IheartGUNS

Thank you

6. biggie24420

biggie24420 Beaverton Oregon Well-Known Member

So was it a toy or the real thing? and what were the prices?

7. IheartGUNS

Its the real deal. Prices are kinda high, I think the m1a was like high $1500? for the real basic m1a that goes for $1300.

8. hawmanai

hawmanai SW OR Member

That is not too high of a price for a new M!A, especially if it was a loaded model. I like going to big five to see what surplus guns they have, and if they have the model I want, I ask to see if they have any others in the back. Came out one time with a unissued M44 from Century Arms. Hoping they start carrying and put on sale the MKA 1919 Semi-Auto Shotguns.

9. John Gault

John Gault clackamas county Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Big 5 has .223 ammo on sale today (PMC bronze) Normal price 12.xx, on Sale today for ONLY $ 9.99 :rofl1:

10. IheartGUNS

That smiley is fricken hilarious haha