JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just wanted to give you guys a heads up, Big 5 is selling (what I believe are) Steyr M95/30's (the short ones) for $75. I'm not sure if this is a good deal or not, but figured I'd share :s0155:

Now the real question..... is it worth it to buy one with 8x56r so hard to find/spendy?

All depends on what you want the gun for.

If you want a plinker, it's not worth it. If you want an interesting, straight pull, well made, WWII rifle, it's worth it. There are only so many of them available; if you want a piece of history, it's available for cheap. And when you do buy some ammo, it still shoots!

AND there will come a day when you will be posting about how much you regret not buying such a rifle when they were available for only $79.95...

OR there will come a day when you will be quietly slipping in your post showing a picture of your rifle to a thread where someone is touting the wonderfulness of the gun they just bought for a then measly $400.

See what I mean?:

Swede bought at Big 5 for $69.95 in 1995

This is my M95 that I got at Big5 on sale. I will be taking it hunting this year. I had to modify a Mosin scope mount to make it optics friendly. I will have to move the scope more forward if I want to use the clip. Other wise it will have to be a single shot. The Hornady ammo is 205gr SP, I think it cost about $25.00 a box after shipping.

M95 005.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads