JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just wanted to give you guys a heads up, Big 5 is selling (what I believe are) Steyr M95/30's (the short ones) for $75. I'm not sure if this is a good deal or not, but figured I'd share :s0155:

Now the real question..... is it worth it to buy one with 8x56r so hard to find/spendy?

All depends on what you want the gun for.

If you want a plinker, it's not worth it. If you want an interesting, straight pull, well made, WWII rifle, it's worth it. There are only so many of them available; if you want a piece of history, it's available for cheap. And when you do buy some ammo, it still shoots!

AND there will come a day when you will be posting about how much you regret not buying such a rifle when they were available for only $79.95...

OR there will come a day when you will be quietly slipping in your post showing a picture of your rifle to a thread where someone is touting the wonderfulness of the gun they just bought for a then measly $400.

See what I mean?:

Swede bought at Big 5 for $69.95 in 1995

This is my M95 that I got at Big5 on sale. I will be taking it hunting this year. I had to modify a Mosin scope mount to make it optics friendly. I will have to move the scope more forward if I want to use the clip. Other wise it will have to be a single shot. The Hornady ammo is 205gr SP, I think it cost about $25.00 a box after shipping.

M95 005.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top