JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
$400 is absurd for a used Yugoslavian SKS. You can get them new for about $250 online.

At the Albany Gun show, i saw a couple of Russian SKS for about $350. If i had the money, i would have been seriously considering it.

Can I be considered old now? I remember buying my first SKS for 69$, and can remember when they were bountiful for around that price. Oh, and a 1000 rounds was going for $89, you could shoot all day.

Yeah buddy, you have to wait for a sale. Check with coctailer as well, I think he can still get good deals on the more desirable hex receiver Mosin's.

Yeah, I have been hearing that Big 5's prices on milsurps is crazy. Got mine at one in WA about 5 years ago for $80. Also got my first rifle I bought, when I was 18, back in '92. It was a mint Norinco sks. Think I paid $115. Too bad I didnt hang on to that one. Coulda made a few buck at least, given what really nice Norinco's seem to go for now. Oh well. I still had fun with it.

Maybe they remove all of the nasty cosmoline? Then, I could see paying that...

Only good deal I've ever found at Big 5 was on a 1894C.

The days of the $69 SKS are gone forever. In ten years, I'm sure we'll look back on the prices we're paying for WASRs, Mosins and whatever else with a sigh of regret that we didn't buy-up more of them.

Watch their ads.....the thing with Big 5 is the "sales". They usually have the Mosins for $89 when "on sale". Their normal prices are crazy. I've bought a couple of milsurps from them in the past, a Chech Mauser, Yugo Mauser and a K-31. K-31 was $99 at the time, which was less than buying online + shipping & transfer at the time.

Ha!! Good catch..........sokay, the no.1 mk111 is the short magazine lee enfield, and technically the no.4 mk1(and 2) isn't.............

But they are all smellys to me!!!!

Didn't figure i'd be taken to the woodshed on a noob forum...........
--carlos

Lol I just wasn't sure :D

Is one better than the other? Is this something I must run to GI Joes and purchase? :s0114:

Pretty much like asking..."which is better, blond, brunette, or redhead ???"

the no.1 mk 111*'s may have seen the elephant in more venues...but neither are usually rack queens.........

And if they >are< $80, that's about half the going rate at most of the wholesalers...........

Smeley's sure are fugly though, but at least they are a step above the frog rifles..............friends don't let friends buy lebels............
--carlos

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top