Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Big 5 Ad

Discussion in 'Great Deals' started by tanzuki, Jul 14, 2013.

1. tanzuki

tanzuki Salem Active Member

Has Mosin Nagant M91/30 for $179.99

2. sapper77

sapper77 Linn County Active Member

They keep jackin the prices up on these. Even with the rediculous shipping from AIM Surplus you still end up paying quite a bit less for one. The ones that I have looked at in the recent past had force matched serial numbers, were counter bored, and a little beat up. I know, it's a Mosin Nagant, they are kind of a rough rifle to begin with. However, why pay this price for a bottom rung Mosin when you can get a lot nicer one for cheaper?

- Not crappin on your thread just expressing my disappointment about their price. Thank you for sharing though :)

3. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

I too thought that, while it is great that it is in stock, the price seems a bit high, even by Big-5 standards.

4. unklekippy

unklekippy In The Mountains Near Sprague River Well-Known Member

$179.99 for a rifle that is worth $75! Where does the line start!

5. kenboy

kenboy salem, oregon GOD BLESS AMERICA Bronze Supporter

Am I in the correct line for the $179.99 rifle or is this the line for the $65 bricks of 22lr????

DeLuna92 and (deleted member) like this.
  6. tanzuki

I haven't been in this long enough to know what some of these rifles should or use to sell for but I see a trend following like some of the AKs that I've been told sold for $100-$200 all day long at Big5 back in the day.

7. unklekippy

unklekippy In The Mountains Near Sprague River Well-Known Member

The Mosin trend has pretty well maxed out. When they were $50, it was time to buy. At $190 after BGC, you might make $10 if you sit on it 20 years. Unfortunately, you have to compare this more to the k98 Mauser's that Big 5 used to sell for $49. They maxed out around $2-250. An AK that sold for $1-200 would have sold 25 or more years ago and has far more value than a 100 year old bolt gun. Apples and oranges.

8. tanzuki

Gotch Ya!