JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm thinking if you can join the Army at 18, you should be able to own a gun.

Not that I think uppin' the age-limit to enlistment justifies a 21-or-over gun-owner limit, but it's a good indicator that we can at least trust SOME youth with a firearm. :)
See? We can agree on something!

My position? If the voting age is going to be set as 18 yoa, then that's the age of majority, and everything else also gets to be included.
That means firearms purchase/ownership, military service, purchase of alcohol and tobacco products, car rentals, etc.

Last Edited:
@Frank RW

Dude, you REALLY need to back the phuck off the abortion deal, we already got one thread locked down because you cannot follow the rules, Rules YOU agreed to when you signed on here, a fact several other members here have asked, and even begged you to do, and yet you continue!

The Staff will have no choice but to lock this down as well, and we loose yet more discussion threads, BECASUE OF YOU!

That'll be a tough nut to crack to get changed, seeing's as how it's in Article II, Section 2, Clause 2 of the Constitution, and would require a Constitutional Convention of the States to change, and only after 38 states vote in favor of it. It could happen, but unlikely in our lifetimes...
Never thought I'd see open Communism in Congress either, but here we are.

That'll be a tough nut to crack to get changed, seeing's as how it's in Article II, Section 2, Clause 2 of the Constitution, and would require a Constitutional Convention of the States to change, and only after 38 states vote in favor of it. It could happen, but unlikely in our lifetimes...
I thought that too once-upon-a-time. Then the demand for the "mark" of vaccination made me wonder if We The People have any real power.

We don't because we fell asleep at the wheel and stopped paying attention.
Man, you SO nailed it. We've become so complacent, content with our social-media outbursts.

IMO, the talking heads on TV is what's ruined this Country. Stop watching just one channel that fits your beliefs.

You can't really have a "fair-and-balanced" opinion unless you consider sides that don't agree with your vibe.

Regarding the topic of this thread, I hope the Supreme Court now starts to take more "direct" infringement cases such as firearm/magazine restrictions.
That would be nice but I think improbable. I see a lot of GVR (Grant, Vacate Remand) with instructions to redo it correctly, thus relieving the court from having to write numerous opinions.

That would be nice but I think improbable. I see a lot of GVR (Grant, Vacate Remand) with instructions to redo it correctly, thus relieving the court from having to write numerous opinions.
YUP, States already started receiving letters, as are all the lower courts, instructing them of the new ruling an standards they must follow, BIG win, and opens the flood gates toward removing more "Infringements"!

i'm sure you're just being sarcastic,
Not really...
but it's funny how promoting violence is fine but conflicting opinions aren't. :(
But "smackdown" in my context is more along the lines of a comeuppance. Would you agree that a comeuppance implies less of a promotion of violence and more of a taste of correction with subsequent and attendant humility?

Right, the things won't be at the SC level. That's why the length of Thomas' "controlling" opinion -he laid out the tools to use. Courts along the way will now look to that and adapt. If not, then it will get kicked back down to them like you said, like an irritated teacher ordering a "do-over" on an assignment.

And I guess you think that's a good enough reason to keep my opinion to myself?

Perhaps you think this forum is more important to me. Let me resolve that by saying if this site disappeared in a minute, I wouldn't miss it.

Not as if I'm gettin' a whole-lotta-love here! lol
You have every right to your opinion, so long as you follow the rules and don't piss in the cheerios, something you seem to have an issue with!
If you wanna have an adult conversation, then be an adult fer crissakes!

come·up·pance noun: kəmˈəpəns
... a punishment or fate that someone deserves.

so yeah, comeuppance can be very violent.
comeuppance
[ kuhm-uhp-uhns ]​
noun Informal.
deserved reward or just deserts, usually unpleasant

So, I see no evidence of violence in my definition (Collins English Dictionary, 2012). "Unpleasant" does not, in and of itself, always denote violence.

Regarding your definition...

key word: "or", not "and"

There is no certainty that a comeuppance "can be very violent", or even violent at all. A "fate" is not necessarily "violent", now is it?

Last Edited:
key word: "or", not "and"

There is no certainty that a comeuppance "can be very violent", or even violent at all. A "fate" is not necessarily "violent", now is it?
I dunno about no dictionary an all that, but I know whenever "I" got a comeuppance in my youth.... it friggin stung like a mofo for at least a couple days. Sure worked though!! I still vividly recall those lessons learnt!! :s0155:

I don't think my Elders viewed it as "violence". They always called it "a teaching opportunity"! :s0140:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top