JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd say that happens a few months before birth. Prior to that, it's just a cell-growth in your body. It's up to the bearer, IMO, whether to carry that load or not.
That's an untruth, heartbeats are detectable as early as 3 to 4 weeks after conception…. And a developing fetus is not a blob of cells, it very quickly takes on the visual characteristics of a human baby…
244BC1CB-659A-4669-A874-B0A2FCF07C9A.jpeg

That's an untruth, heartbeats are detectable as early as 3 to 4 weeks after conception…. And a developing fetus is not a blob of cells, it very quickly takes on the visual characteristics of a human baby…
View attachment 1228529
man, if you think that's human-like, no wonder the rules are so lax.
81jfgNYA+iL._AC_SX466_.jpg

pull it out of my body, will it survive on it's own?

A heartbeat isn't the end-all. Blood suckin' ticks have a heartbeat.

So long as it's in MY body, it's MY choice. How can that be any different?

IMO, abortion is little difference from eating a cow.

Why is one life more "important" than the other? If you value "life" so much, you should be a vegan at the very least.

Idaho needs to be relocated to the bible-belt. Where folks seem to use mysticism to justify their laws.

Anyone who really believes in demons and ghosts shouldn't be in charge of making rules for the sane.

It's a sad and tragic day for America. :(
Actually it is a very good day. Before you go into a rant, I am very pro choice. Why I say it is a good day is that the opinions in Bruen and Dobbs are consistent. The court states that it is getting out of the policy business and interpreting the constitution by what is actually says. It says that there is right to keep and bear arms and it does not mention abortion. If you think that they should make policy in one area, you must accept that they can do it in all areas, which would mean the loss of our second amendment rights with a change of just a few justices.

Regarding the topic of this thread, I hope the Supreme Court now starts to take more "direct" infringement cases such as firearm/magazine restrictions.
If the pattern holds, we'll be losing other Rights soon enough.

This is why I don't think it's a good idea that the POTUS nominates court appointments. :(

They kinda sorta did when they rebuked the 9th Circuit Court for legislating from the bench
The Ninth Circus Court needs a smackdown... like a left-handed, red-headed stepchild would get...

And age restrictions
I'm thinking if you can join the Army at 18, you should be able to own a gun.

Not that I think uppin' the age-limit to enlistment justifies a 21-or-over gun-owner limit, but it's a good indicator that we can at least trust SOME youth with a firearm. :)

If the pattern holds, we'll be losing other Rights soon enough.

This is why I don't think it's a good idea that the POTUS nominates court appointments. :(
That'll be a tough nut to crack to get changed, seeing's as how it's in Article II, Section 2, Clause 2 of the Constitution, and would require the legislatures of 3/4 of the States (currently, that would be 38 of 50) to vote in favor of it, or a 2/3 majority of both Houses of Congress. It could happen, but unlikely in our lifetimes...

Last Edited:
....Furthermore, there was no "rights" or "laws" created making abortion legal by the in err decision back in 1973. ...
Oh no, it has had massive errors going forward and mythical rights have been granted at the expense of legislative decision making. Same-sex marriage is one. There's just no "guarantee" of it in the Constitution, but we are told it is in fact there is because, "Roe" proved it existed even if we couldn't find it.

Thomas has stated in his concurring opinion he wants to review a lot of questionable rights with no clear constitutional basis. He said the court:

"should reconsider all of this Court's substantive due process precedents, including Griswold, Lawrence, and Obergefell"
Strengthening existing rights via NYRSPA v Bruen, eliminating fictional ones with Dobbs, will make a big change in the long run for the better. There's a coming decision that can be even more impactful - WV vs EPA, where the administrative state is on trial. Waiting on that.

The Ninth Circus Court needs a smackdown... like a left-handed, red-headed stepchild would get...
I was kind of hoping that Trump would strategically appoint Khate Brown or other somesuch lefty Oregon politician to the 9th to get them out of the way. No harm no foul since the 9th is almost always overturned by SCOTUS.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top