JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Idaho has both Income Tax AND sales tax (on food???)?

Damn. :(
Yes. 6% sales tax state wide. You do get an income tax credit on the food tax though. So as I said...Things are fair and balance out. I have no experience with OR other than your ridiculously high fuel prices...but for WA: you may not have income tax, but you pay far more taxes than I do with my food tax, sales tax, fuel tax, income tax, and property tax combined.

If you are splitting from Oregon, do it in early January. Part year residents pay a MUCH steeper income tax. When I left in May of 97 I paid almost as much as I did the previous full year. Just something to keep in mind.

Ugh I HATE AZ. Swore if NEVER go back. Like the people there from what little i experienced but HATED the heat. I heard WA is going to have a state income tax next year. Also they are planning on doing that mandatory long term health care tax too. They are planning to rape us to death.

Anyway I was afraid that comments was going to get us off track and seems it did. So if there's any other comments feel free to open another thread and reply to my comment or PM me

Let get back on topic. (But thanks for the info fellas)

SCOTUS is on a roll this week too. First a 2a win, now RvW overturned today. They've put the hammer down this week! Maybe we'll get out of this drought soon with all of these liberal tears flowing :s0149:

You see the DOJ's official letter written and released by Merric hiself on todays overturning of Roe V Wade?

That arsewipe is forgetting WHO he answer to, WE the PEOPLE, and we are Pissed, and Justice is Not his to decide or to sell!
Phuck that dude and the white horse he rode in on!
No! Not the horse too!

Explain to me how it's not a financial hindrance requiring ID to:
*Cash a check
*Apply for a job
*Buy tobacco
*Buy a beer
*Buy a car
*Buy a gun or ammo
*Buy a knife
*Get a prescription
*Board a plane
*Check into a hotel/motel/other overnight accommodation

But somehow it IS to:
*Vote

Explain to me how it's not a financial hindrance requiring ID to:
*Cash a check
*Apply for a job
*Buy tobacco
*Buy a beer
*Buy a car
*Buy a gun or ammo
*Buy a knife
*Get a prescription
*Board a plane
*Check into a hotel/motel/other overnight accommodation

But somehow it IS to:
*Vote
Because everyone should vote. Not everyone should have a gun or a knife or a car. But they all should have a voice.

follow up:

I don't care about your ID when driving, so long as you stay in your lane. don't care about you owning a gun or any other weapon, so long as it isn't aimed at me. i don't care what meds you're on or what trips you take or your booze problems.

but i do care if you vote those choices out of our lives. that should be up to each of us. a choice we make based upon our own beliefs, not the archaic religious or political tripe of others.

Anyone who really believes in demons and ghosts shouldn't be in charge of making rules for the sane.
Hmm... would I know if I'm sane or not? I believe in ghosts. Absolutely!! It's impossible not to when you see them all the time.

Just this week alone I saw a G19 ghost, a G23, a G27 and a whole gaggle of 5.56 ghosts. Not even 4hrs ago a 7.62x39 came to my door... and.... I let it in!!

for those of you that might wonder why i click "Like" on an opposing viewpoint, i'm all for discussion and discourse, so long as it doesn't devolve to killing the messenger.

I'm open to having my mind changed, but I doubt there's enough evidence to do so. Meanwhile, PM me with your opinions or comments so I can step out and avoid this thread being locked.
No need for PM, as I have worn myself out explaining this to an innumerable amount of people today, and do not feel like continuing the saga.
To close the topic, I think this post captures the essence of the argument succinctly. The only thing I would add to the linked post is a reference to the 10th Amendment. A lot of people just don't seem to grasp the concept of what that amendment is for. Today's SCOTUS decision is the perfect example of why the Founders included it in the Bill of Rights.

:s0097:

troll 1986 GIF by absurdnoise
"I say we take off and nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure."--Ellen Ripley

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top