JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
CANCELLED: Lawyers Who Won Major Gun Rights Case Forced Out of Firm.

Kirkland & Ellis LLP, one of the largest law firms in the country, is dropping all Second Amendment cases after pressure from clients and other lawyers at the firm. This left the two primary attorneys who successfully argued New York State Rifle & Pistol Association Inc. v. Bruen before the Supreme Court with no clients and no jobs.
Cowardly scum, bowing down to the mobs of communists that we have in this country.

CANCELLED: Lawyers Who Won Major Gun Rights Case Forced Out of Firm.

Kirkland & Ellis LLP, one of the largest law firms in the country, is dropping all Second Amendment cases after pressure from clients and other lawyers at the firm. This left the two primary attorneys who successfully argued New York State Rifle & Pistol Association Inc. v. Bruen before the Supreme Court with no clients and no jobs.
I'm pretty sure that they'll be able to form their own company and have a veritable laundry list of pro-2A clients right soon...

Yes, but I must remind you that any call for violence here or on any forum would be under great scrutiny for those who seek to take away our rights, so I ask that everyone tread lightly when venturing into this aspect of our discussion...
I'm sorry but I respectfully disagree, I hear what your saying loud and clear but this is precisely why they have a voice and we have no voice. We need to stand up and shout what needs to be said. At this rate and worrying too much about the status quo is getting us pigeon holed. I won't advocate for violence, and to that end it irks me a little that some others feel they need to sign up for uncle Sam to fit my fights for me "officially" I'd rather fight my own fights that I CHOOSE (but I still respect their call to serve the public, good on you!)
But I will say. Literally give me liberty or give me death. Its worth dying for I'm happy to.

I won't go down silent, or without a fight though.

People need to be reminded of this apparently the other side needs to hear this. You can't just throw your weight around and try to force your way or you should be put in your place. Which is right in line shoulder to shoulder equal with everyone else.
Chill the eff out! (Not referring to you Rob!)

Not trying to stir the pot, maybe it's just my scarface moment where "you people need me, so you can point the finger and say, there's the bad guy!" OR maybe I'm just saying out loud what a bunch of us are thinking. I'm good at that. I think...?

I do respect others opinions and welcome feedback though.

Last Edited:
https://instapundit.com/527420/

"NY Gov. Kathy Hochul didn't take the decision well. Indeed, she said they would fight for even more restrictions, despite the Supreme Court's decision. Hochul said that if the Court wanted to consider the original meaning of the Constitution, she was willing to go back to 'muskets.' She revealed not only how extreme she is, but how ignorant she is of the law."
Is she also willing to use the communications methods of the 18th century, cause she'll need to utilize newspapers, letters and the town square as methods of communications…

Nothing electronic baby, taint been invented yet.

Ignorant wretch…

New to this thread so this may have been answered already, will this affect the WA magazine ban? I know the wa gun attorney video from today said that states like CA will have to rewrite their laws.

New to this thread so this may have been answered already, will this affect the WA magazine ban? I know the wa gun attorney video from today said that states like CA will have to rewrite their laws.
Almost guaranteed! Its an infringement clearly. And there is a clear historical precedence established that they (*magazines) have been legal for decades. Pretty much all states will have to have those repealed. :s0023::s0132::s0133::s0066::s0090:
And its not necessarily the immediate ruling but the wording Thomas used that will have far reaching effects. As some have said it may even undo some of the GCA and others. And as others have pointed out, a lot of these types of laws that were passed can't really be amended as they were voted upon so amending them would actually require a whole new re writing of the laws and re voting on to enact any changes.

Last Edited:
You have to understand, these people are zealots and they will stop at nothing to take away our Second Amendment rights.

I'm starting to think this was all a very well planned setup by SCOTUS to start the ball rolling! First, over turn New York and force the antis to come out and rant and rave. Cali and NY have both now stated they will ignore the ruling and carry on making infringements and work around to continue to deny rights! This opens Pandora's box against the Rogue States for removing the powers that be! Second move by SCOTUS wipes out Assault Weapons, mag bans, and other schemes, again, forcing states to tip their hand, furthering their downward slide, and the final will be stripping ATF of their powers, and then allowing the We the People to sue the e states into Oblivion!

What we need to do in the mean time: vote pro 2nd, push for votes of no confidence in Merrick Garland, The Wet Coast States leadership, starting with Gov'ners, State A.G.s and Sec-States, and then work our way down!, And finally, push to remove Biden/Harris, again vote of no confidence!

I'm starting to think this was all a very well planned setup by SCOTUS to start the ball rolling! First, over turn New York and force the antis to come out and rant and rave. Cali and NY have both now stated they will ignore the ruling and carry on making infringements and work around to continue to deny rights! This opens Pandora's box against the Rogue States for removing the powers that be! Second move by SCOTUS wipes out Assault Weapons, mag bans, and other schemes, again, forcing states to tip their hand, furthering their downward slide, and the final will be stripping ATF of their powers, and then allowing the We the People to sue the e states into Oblivion!

What we need to do in the mean time: vote pro 2nd, push for votes of no confidence in Merrick Garland, The Wet Coast States leadership, starting with Gov'ners, State A.G.s and Sec-States, and then work our way down!, And finally, push to remove Biden/Harris, again vote of no confidence!
Ideally... yes, DOJ could and should send the US Marshals after the rogue State leaderships, and charge them with whatever appropriate charges the FBI can bring forth in RICO criminal cases... but...

Realistically.. and I'm still voting Betsy anyhow. Most people are gonna go with the "status quo" or the letter by the names :mad:

The problem is that these rogue States claim to have the "mandate of the people" (read, their donors, their pocketbook liners, the elites, the media) to abolish the 2a and that 10th Amendment and the Sanctuary State format means they can disregard the "limited Federal law enforcement powers" :mad:

Ideally... yes, DOJ could and should send the US Marshals after the rogue State leaderships, and charge them with whatever appropriate charges the FBI can bring forth in RICO criminal cases... but...

Realistically.. and I'm still voting Betsy anyhow. Most people are gonna go with the "status quo" or the letter by the names :mad:

The problem is that these rogue States claim to have the "mandate of the people" (read, their donors, their pocketbook liners, the elites, the media) to abolish the 2a and that 10th Amendment and the Sanctuary State format means they can disregard the "limited Federal law enforcement powers" :mad:
Your absolutely right!

The trick is going to be, ether DOJ is compelled to act, or We the People will be forced to do the deed!

I'm pretty sure that they'll be able to form their own company and have a veritable laundry list of pro-2A clients right soon...
They have already announced that they are forming their own firm and will continue to represent pro-2A clients. What will be interesting is how many of their other clients will follow them. To me that would be a no brainer. I would go with those who just won a landmark case!

You see the DOJ's official letter written and released by Merric hiself on todays overturning of Roe V Wade?

That arsewipe is forgetting WHO he answer to, WE the PEOPLE, and we are Pissed, and Justice is Not his to decide or to sell!
Phuck that dude and the white horse he rode in on!
He's an evil incompetent. That's exactly why Biden picked him. He defends CRT because his son-in-law is making a bundle selling CRT support materials to schools all over the United States. That the fools buy it tells an even darker story.

So jealous! What part did you move to? I just went scouting in Meridian area and Boise and found it seemed somewhat left of course that is the capitol but I'd like to check out other areas as well. ID imo is pretty much the only option.
I looked at those areas early on, and decided: too expensive/crowded/hot. I went for the eastern part of the state. Much more open, much less people, lower cost of living, and with less people = less traffic :)

Now is definitely not the time to buy a home though. You missed that window. Interest rates are up, and house prices are still quite inflated. Even my house went up over $100k in value since I bought it in just a 1 year timespan. Another thing you have to understand and accept: jobs here don't pay near as much as jobs there, but cost of living is much lower so it does balance out. You just need to lower your expectations on pay rate if you don't have a stable remote job. We also have state income tax so expect a bigger cut taken out of your check to cover that. We also have a low tax on food that WA doesn't have. Sales tax and fuel tax are much lower though so again: it does balance out in the end. Just keep in mind that Idaho is Idaho because of how we do things. Don't come in trying to change how life works here and you'll be just fine ;)

I looked at those areas early on, and decided: too expensive/crowded/hot. I went for the eastern part of the state. Much more open, much less people, lower cost of living, and with less people = less traffic :)

Now is definitely not the time to buy a home though. You missed that window. Interest rates are up, and house prices are still quite inflated. Even my house went up over $100k in value since I bought it in just a 1 year timespan. Another thing you have to understand and accept: jobs here don't pay near as much as jobs there, but cost of living is much lower so it does balance out. You just need to lower your expectations on pay rate if you don't have a stable remote job. We also have state income tax so expect a bigger cut taken out of your check to cover that. We also have a low tax on food that WA doesn't have. Sales tax and fuel tax are much lower though so again: it does balance out in the end. Just keep in mind that Idaho is Idaho because of how we do things. Don't come in trying to change how life works here and you'll be just fine ;)
Idaho has both Income Tax AND sales tax (on food???)?

Damn. :(

$100K? You lucked out, I'm more that double that. Yes, Idaho taxes food sold in grocery stores. Was sort of surprised but it does ensure that everyone pays some tax. But it can't be that bad because the parking lots in grocery stores are full of cars with WA plates. I'll second that. Don't come in trying to change how life works here and you'll be just fine.

So jealous! What part did you move to? I just went scouting in Meridian area and Boise and found it seemed somewhat left of course that is the capitol but I'd like to check out other areas as well. ID imo is pretty much the only option. We heard that F*ckbook and i think intel were going to build in Kuna that's kinda scary, such leftist woke companies moving in although meta has been doing soo crappy lately hopefully thats on the chopping block.
I wish Tesla would/could open a factory there. That would be ideal, I can't do Texas, AZ, or eww the other one.
maybe ill have to stick to making guns in another state.
You just need to sit tight and wait for the bubble to burst, shouldn't take too much longer now, but in the mean time, get yourself to a place where you can jump when the bubble does finally pop, and you will be able to take advantage in short order! My ranch just went up over 1 million in just a year,, not bad for 1/2 mil buy in back in 2010! When the bubble pops, I actually would loose money, but have no plans to sell, so it's moot, other then taxes which are still pretty low! The Down side is,, the state has gone from hard core red, to deep purple in the time we have been there, so,...............

They have already announced that they are forming their own firm and will continue to represent pro-2A clients. What will be interesting is how many of their other clients will follow them. To me that would be a no brainer. I would go with those who just won a landmark case!
Bingo!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads