JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I thought we were losing ground.
Nope, just won the war basically. Still a lot of mopping up to do, though.

Anything that causes or creates liberal tears, I'm all for 100%...
Amusingly, there appears to be a new phrase for that - 'Salt mining.' As in "All this salt (liberal tears) over..." Saw it at arfcom:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general...all-those-delicious-liberal-tears-/5-2563300/

In other news from the "What's Right With the World Today Department":

Frankly, I was significantly more overjoyed that a Bloodhound took Best in Show at Westminster.
I noticed that, too! Amusing to me, also.

There has and will be lot's of gnashing of teeth from these antis as already evidenced here:

Good, to hell with the commie whores, maybe this time they will really move to Canada.

In Landmark 2nd Amendment Ruling, SCOTUS Affirms Right 'To Carry a Handgun for Self-Defense Outside the Home'

New York State Rifle & Pistol Association v. Bruen.

Glen Reynolds - Instapundit

Supreme Court Issues Landmark Ruling Expanding Gun Rights.

2 Older threads

[URL unfurl="true"]https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/new-york-state-rifle-and-pistol-association-v-bruen.392010/[/URL]

Last Edited:
A few years from now, when the same old tired predictions of "blood in the streets" and "wild wild west" don't come to fruition, no one will admit they were wrong. They will be busy breathlessly pushing the latest outrageous "emergency" that absolutely must be dealt with right this minute or you are literally Hitler.

A few years from now, when the same old tired predictions of "blood in the streets" and "wild wild west" don't come to fruition, no one will admit they were wrong. They will be busy breathlessly pushing the latest outrageous "emergency" that absolutely must be dealt with right this minute or you are literally Hitler.
The wild wild west is already here in gang hangs. They will no doubt try to tie this SCOTUS decision to future gang violence. I doubt many gangbangers applied for permits.

We are at the legislative level, at least for now. Until SCOTUS starts bending Bob Ferguson over and giving him what he's rumored to enjoy giving to prepubescent boys, things are gonna get worse on the Messed Coast before they get better.
Ferguson and Inslee both need kicked out of office and to go pound sand. Those two in power and all of the damage they have caused in Washington is part of the reason I left that state for good. (traffic and cost of living too.) And it's not just their onslaught on 2a, but all the other ridiculous crap they do as well including jacking up taxes when the economy is struggling, and fuel prices are already outrageous, yet they're increasing the fuel tax anyway?! :confused: I left WA in the dust and I don't miss the traffic, the high prices, or the crooked politicians.

Ferguson and Inslee both need kicked out of office and to go pound sand. Those two in power and all of the damage they have caused in Washington is part of the reason I left that state for good. (traffic and cost of living too.) And it's not just their onslaught on 2a, but all the other ridiculous crap they do as well including jacking up taxes when the economy is struggling, and fuel prices are already outrageous, yet they're increasing the fuel tax anyway?! :confused: I left WA in the dust and I don't miss the traffic, the high prices, or the crooked politicians.
More like they need hard time in PMITA Prison...

In Landmark 2nd Amendment Ruling, SCOTUS Affirms Right 'To Carry a Handgun for Self-Defense Outside the Home'

New York State Rifle & Pistol Association v. Bruen.

Glen Reynolds - Instapundit

Supreme Court Issues Landmark Ruling Expanding Gun Rights.

2 Older threads

[URL unfurl="true"]https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/new-york-state-rifle-and-pistol-association-v-bruen.392010/[/URL]

This is what a lot of folks aren't getting.

The big deal IMO isn't so much about NY's concealed carry law being struck down (although that matters too), it's that in doing so, SCOTUS confirmed, for the first time, that 2A protects our right to carry OUTSIDE THE HOME and IN PUBLIC.

I am guessing antis will still try and pass all the crap they have been. It's taxpayer dollars that will be spent defending the unconstitutional bans in court. Hopefully the bans will be shut down in the earliest courts.
RE: your I17, I18

I wasn't familiar with them and just read them. They are dead in the water unless they come up with some major work-around, which no one can see right now and I don't think they have time for. It seems like they are not even going to get enough signatures, though, if I am reading some news articles correctly (not enough support).

There is abundant language in Thomas' controlling opinion about key things like

- high fees to discourage licenses, ownership, etc. would be "abusive" (and thus illegal)**
- weapons in common use currently are protected

I-17 might have some traction with permitting, as long as it was relatively painless and free/cheap. The mag portion of it is right out. Both of these would be tossed off the ballot as-written if challenged before an honest judge who reads and applies NYSRPA.

** - which is what 1/2 the liberal media pundits and politicos have been promising to do all morning long. Proving they did not read the ruling at all OR have no consideration for the law. It's one or the other.

RE: your I17, I18

I wasn't familiar with them and just read them. They are dead in the water unless they come up with some major work-around, which no one can see right now and I don't think they have time for. It seems like they are not even going to get enough signatures, though, if I am reading some news articles correctly (not enough support).

There is abundant language in Thomas' controlling opinion about key things like

- high fees to discourage licenses, ownership, etc. would be "abusive" (and thus illegal)**
- weapons in common use currently are protected.

They are actually close to having enough signatures. There are few groups on face book people are following and I think they are at 118k now and still have 300k they are verifing.

Shocked reaction from Alex "Jay" Inslee and Washington State AG "T" Ferguson:
Screen Shot 2022-06-23 at 12.00.33 PM.png

Great news here, more far reaching then most here realize but that will come soon enough!

Remember, there are TWO more 2nd cases waiting in the wings, SCOTUS chose this one first to give it the proper context toward the next Two cases which ( given their Textual/ Literal Ruling) gives the 2nd the serious teeth it always needed, and will soon have!
The next case will be from the 9th taking in Calis mag bans and capasity and restrictions, it will also hammer the assault weapons discriminations as well as the those Ghost Gun fiat! It will also likely strike down a big chunk of the NFA, specifically SBR/SBS and Suppressors, as well as certain triggers and components!

The last case, which we have just seen with the courts ruling explicitly denying Chevron Deference, will evicerate the ATF, and likely force the court to ether re assign NFA or strike it down, which could go ether way! It also forces a revisit of GCA-68 and all the others!
This one could be the final straw as it would strike down most efforts to legislate at state levels against the 2nd, and force the feds out of the game! It would remove all attempts at a regrestry, all records, and remove most of not all of the BGC requirements!

Great news here, more far reaching then most here realize but that will come soon enough!

Remember, there are TWO more 2nd cases waiting in the wings, SCOTUS chose this one first to give it the proper context toward the next Two cases which ( given their Textual/ Literal Ruling) gives the 2nd the serious teeth it always needed, and will soon have!
The next case will be from the 9th taking in Calis mag bans and capasity and restrictions, it will also hammer the assault weapons discriminations as well as the those Ghost Gun fiat! It will also likely strike down a big chunk of the NFA, specifically SBR/SBS and Suppressors, as well as certain triggers and components!

The last case, which we have just seen with the courts ruling explicitly denying Chevron Deference, will evicerate the ATF, and likely force the court to ether re assign NFA or strike it down, which could go ether way! It also forces a revisit of GCA-68 and all the others!
This one could be the final straw as it would strike down most efforts to legislate at state levels against the 2nd, and force the feds out of the game! It would remove all attempts at a regrestry, all records, and remove most of not all of the BGC requirements!
From your fingertips to God's screen, brother... assuming Roberts doesn't armtwist ACB and Kav into wimping out the way he did after Scalia dropped a nuke on DC with Heller.

They are actually close to having enough signatures. There are few groups on face book people are following and I think they are at 118k now and still have 300k they are verifing.
Ok, if they get the signatures, I-18 is just right out based on the text of NYSRPA. A fair judge would toss it tomorrow. It's flat unconstitutional.

The permitting/etc. part of I-17 may stand - not sure. Sounds just like I-1639 in WA in 2019, which is likely as the same California mafia likely paid for both. Since they bundled the now-illegal mag ban into it, there has to be either a process to have that stripped, or it's also going to be tossed. Since you can't effectively go back and ask those people who signed it if they agree with the new, reduced version, that's not going to happen in time. I do not *think* you can certify an initiative, then go to a judge and say, "oh, this part's illegal so we can delete that and go on with the rest without getting signatures, pretty please?" The whole concept is that you are demonstrating a % of the populace is on board, and you've negated that by having to alter the wording.

Again, all this is dependent upon getting a fair Judge. We now know that 1/3 of the Supreme Court does not give a **** hoot about Civil Rights, or NYSRPA would have been 9-0, so what are the chances in OR?

Last Edited:
Didn't read every post, but do you think sending threats, showing up at judges homes or a would be assassin might have swayed some judge's opinions a little??

I say thank you to all the loonies that gave SCOTUS some real food for thought. Those judges were as vulnerable as anyone. Okay, hypothetically. Their safe neighborhoods became less safe and maybe the thought of a firearm came to mind.

Your words are very encouraging and I certainly hope come to fruition. I only hope the SC justices look at the next cases without a slanted eye and just straight forward reasoning.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top