JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A "progressive" work acquaintance told me that in his circles, they're calling Justice Thomas the GOP "house-n-word".
He didn't like it when I said he and all his woke buddies are racist. I'll condemn racism on the right; I'll sure as heck call it out on the left too.

No matter what your politics are or what you think of recent decisions, don't be a racist.

A "progressive" work acquaintance told me that in his circles, they're calling Justice Thomas the GOP "house-n-word".
He didn't like it when I said he and all his woke buddies are racist. I'll condemn racism on the right; I'll sure as heck call it out on the left too.

No matter what your politics are or what you think of recent decisions, don't be a racist.
Oh, the lefties have come out hard using the House N phrase the past week. They're finally saying what they've been thinking all along out loud.
Just remember, the Taney court that ruled on Dred Scott was a 7-2 vote; all seven were of one party, and the dissenters were 1 Whig and 1 Republican. Care to guess what party the seven were?

Being called a racist is not half as bad as being called a Dem or libtard! You were being kind calling them "progressives."

Its so cute that Washingtons mag ban hasnt been thrown out... yet.
It would be terrific if WA's mag ban was TRO'd within a month of its enactment. Now the 9th Circuit has a history of ignoring USSC rulings, such as employee arbitration agreements. They'll likely try to avoid this one too and it will go up and down.

*strikedown of Remain In Mexico taps you on shoulder*
Actually, the court ruled correctly, like it or not, they did their jobs!

Where they kinda screwed up is not demanding Biden ( Executive) to follow codified immigration law, which is fully in his powers, and we are forced to accept the ineptitude of Kamala who was assigned that task and has failed to lift a single finger to do her god damn job!
On top of that, we suffer Mayorkas willful disdained for our laws, and his policies ( outside his Authority) to act within those laws!

I have found that to be true with just about* everyone of the decisions they have made, and yes, I am including "those" decisions they made early on ;)

* I stuck "Just about" in there because I haven't looked at every one of them
The Miranda Rights ruling confuses me, especially as they were the ones who codified it all those years ago! :confused:
I understand what they were trying to do, but I think they could have done it with out stripping it of it's protections!

The Miranda Rights ruling confuses me, especially as they were the ones who codified it all those years ago! :confused:
I understand what they were trying to do, but I think they could have done it with out stripping it of it's protections!
They didnt codify it. Thats not their job. Their job is to rule on constitutionally of laws not to make law from the bench.

Actually, the court ruled correctly, like it or not, they did their jobs!

Where they kinda screwed up is not demanding Biden ( Executive) to follow codified immigration law, which is fully in his powers, and we are forced to accept the ineptitude of Kamala who was assigned that task and has failed to lift a single finger to do her god damn job!
On top of that, we suffer Mayorkas willful disdained for our laws, and his policies ( outside his Authority) to act within those laws!
I did not read the ruling but you sound 100% right on! The idea that a president could bind future presidents with executive orders is absurd. Despite being pro choice, I agree with your observation that the court has been doing its job. When the libs finally realize that the law abiding person next to them with a gun is not a threat but possibly their savior, we will be on the way to becoming a great nation again.
Before I attempt to respond, would you kindly explain or elaborate on what you mean by "stripping it of its protections"?

I did not read the ruling but you sound 100% right on! The idea that a president could bind future presidents with executive orders is absurd. Despite being pro choice, I agree with your observation that the court has been doing its job. When the libs finally realize that the law abiding person next to them with a gun is not a threat but possibly their savior, we will be on the way to becoming a great nation again.

Before I attempt to respond, would you kindly explain or elaborate on what you mean by "stripping it of its protections"?
By not requiring an LEO to specifically state your right, and then using anything you say against you is the issue! Your were supposed to be given your right at every arrest, now, failing to do so is not punishable to the officers!

By not requiring an LEO to specifically state your right, and then using anything you say against you is the issue! Your were supposed to be given your right at every arrest, now, failing to do so is not punishable to the officers!
As i read it the officer can't be sued, but by not providing the Maranda Waning any info they get after that isn't admissible

I am still having some difficulty because law enforcement is obligated to inform you of your right to remain silent before any questioning if you are in custody, which would include any arrest. When you say punishable to the officers, it is not clear to me what you mean. The only punishment, if it could be called that, is that they lose whatever evidence they obtain by there unconstitutional questioning. But that is a two edged sword. Society also loses that evidence. That is why, as law abiding citizens, we must demand that law enforcement not violate the rights of those they encounter, even the dirt bags. Thankfully, the vast majority of law enforcement are on the same page.

Does this forum have a means where we could communicate without public posts? I ask because I would be glad to discuss this further so long as I do not put this thread in jeopardy of being shut down.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top