JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My friends have one of those fancy heated units. I was at their house and needed to perform a #2. I went in and didn't see any toilet paper and asked them if I could get some. Didn't have any, they said use the bidet, only problem was they only had one towel total in the bathroom. I decided to hold it for later. I mean, do you dry your rinsed only poopy rear before using soap to clean your hands and then use that same towel to dry? All you pros out there, drip dry or keep nasty towels to dry?

The answer is to sneeze, then turn your head to the side and cough three times.

My younger sister and her husband put Toto Bidet system in their two bathrooms and they has a septic tank as well. I like the heated seat and water spray when I have visited her. They had to hire an electrician to put an outlet by their toilets. I would not mind having two myself but all our bathrooms have an outlet by the sink only.

japan.jpg

I would attribute this to much less paper clogging system.
In my limited knowledge of drain field health, paper shouldn't get that far into the system. It's advised to get an in-tank filter that keeps solids in the tank and not migrating to the field. Yes, some broken-down paper fibers flow with the grey water through a filter but I wouldn't think this would make any immediate difference on the greening situation. A clogged up drain field usually doesn't recover when introduction of TP is eliminated. By that time, the damage has been done. But I could be wrong.

Another thought. Maybe because we had such a dry Summer and Fall, you just noticed it more readily. I looked over the fence at a neighbor's property this Fall and could very clearly see the green outline of his field amid the dead, dry grass around it.

Still use small amount of TP to review job performance…..
This is what I was thinking. We don't have a bidet. It surprises me that so many people here have them. But when the work is done, there is still the wet bottom to deal with; even if you are sure that 100% cleaning has been done, don't you have to dry off with a towel?

My solution to the "problem" for a couple of decades has been Baby Wipes. Which are not exclusively for babies. Which do not get flushed but placed in one of those little trash cans with the treadle actuated lid over a removeable liner. The baby wipes are only for finishing work; basic work is still done with TP. In our case, I also place the TP in the same container as the baby wires. Mrs. Merkt flushes the TP.

Re. installing a bidet in our house at this late date. I'd rather have a wall urinal installed for convenience. Trust me, I've thought a lot about this.

In my limited knowledge of drain field health, paper shouldn't get that far into the system. It's advised to get an in-tank filter that keeps solids in the tank and not migrating to the field. Yes, some broken-down paper fibers flow with the grey water through a filter but I wouldn't think this would make any immediate difference on the greening situation. A clogged up drain field usually doesn't recover when introduction of TP is eliminated. By that time, the damage has been done. But I could be wrong.

Another thought. Maybe because we had such a dry Summer and Fall, you just noticed it more readily. I looked over the fence at a neighbor's property this Fall and could very clearly see the green outline of his field amid the dead, dry grass around it.

This is what I was thinking. We don't have a bidet. It surprises me that so many people here have them. But when the work is done, there is still the wet bottom to deal with; even if you are sure that 100% cleaning has been done, don't you have to dry off with a towel?

My solution to the "problem" for a couple of decades has been Baby Wipes. Which are not exclusively for babies. Which do not get flushed but placed in one of those little trash cans with the treadle actuated lid over a removeable liner. The baby wipes are only for finishing work; basic work is still done with TP. In our case, I also place the TP in the same container as the baby wires. Mrs. Merkt flushes the TP.

Re. installing a bidet in our house at this late date. I'd rather have a wall urinal installed for convenience. Trust me, I've thought a lot about this.
Most but not all bidets have an warm air blower to dry your bum. Even so, unless you have an inordinate amount of hair there, there won't be that much water retained in the area. Give yourself a minute to drip dry.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top