JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I tried to post this from my phone but no luck. Several years ago I installed a bidet in our home. It is a Toto, Japanese water closet with heated bidet seat. When the world is fighting over the last 100 pack of tp you can avoid the brawl. When our power is out the seat warmer doesn't work and my wife and I find ourselves complaining about the inconvienience. A fairly powerful stream of warm water cleaning is a lot more effective than dragging some paper across backside. Oddly enough, I have noticed that our septic drain field is much greener now. I would attribute this to much less paper clogging system. I apologize if this has been discussed at length in the past. It does seem a little weird to install a duplex plug behind the toilet though.

poor mans bidet....

1670038230388.png

thinking about it this wouldnt be a bad idea for any situation especially shtf emergencies.

Which inconvenience do you complain about specifically ? The power outage or the in-op seat warmer?
The bidet doesn't work without electricity. If you have foregone toilet paper, you're in for a sticky time with the bidet out of service.
That said, in a world of reliable electricity and water, a bidet seat is a far superior method for post pooping cleanup.

The bidet doesn't work without electricity. If you have foregone toilet paper, you're in for a sticky time with the bidet out of service.
That said, in a world of reliable electricity and water, a bidet seat is a far superior method for post pooping cleanup.
We have two bidet toilets and one old-school, just in case of loss of power.

They also make bidet toilet seats you can put on any regular toilet. Wife got fancy one for inlaws. That things has like a million settings. Heated seat, seperately programable front and rear jets can select heat level, spray pressure, spray pattern/motion, pulse, drying, remote control, even has blue light in the toilet for a night light. Brondell was the name.

They also make bidet toilet seats you can put on any regular toilet. Wife got fancy one for inlaws. That things has like a million settings. Heated seat, seperately programable front and rear jets can select heat level, spray pressure, spray pattern/motion, pulse, drying, remote control, even has blue light in the toilet for a night light. Brondell was the name.
That's nice, but can it pulsate the flow to the tune of AC/DC's Thunderstruck?

Rural area...I'm confused...I thought that was what the Crick was for???

Seriously, got an add on style bidet after my wife came come from the hospital after her breaking both arms. I must say that bidet had "evil intent." It randomly decided to squirt strait forward and out between the lid and the bowl, improperly raining on one's unprotected drawers, crossing the room to bounce off the shower door and leaving a puddle to clean up on the floor.

Ah, good times...

Last Edited:
Just recently found interesting areas of NW Firearms forum and not just weapons. Have overdone it a bit with posts and will correct that. I got concerned years ago about the state of things and have prepped pretty well to survive as long as possible in case of major meltdown. I do understand that I may sound like a broken record and will spend my time browsing site rather than posting so much. Cheers to you all. (smiley face emoji) over and out.

Have these installed in all of our bathrooms. Still have toilet paper for any luddites or in case of a brownout. :D

My friends have one of those fancy heated units. I was at their house and needed to perform a #2. I went in and didn't see any toilet paper and asked them if I could get some. Didn't have any, they said use the bidet, only problem was they only had one towel total in the bathroom. I decided to hold it for later. I mean, do you dry your rinsed only poopy rear before using soap to clean your hands and then use that same towel to dry? All you pros out there, drip dry or keep nasty towels to dry?

My friends have one of those fancy heated units. I was at their house and needed to perform a #2. I went in and didn't see any toilet paper and asked them if I could get some. Didn't have any, they said use the bidet, only problem was they only had one towel total in the bathroom. I decided to hold it for later. I mean, do you dry your rinsed only poopy rear before using soap to clean your hands and then use that same towel to dry? All you pros out there, drip dry or keep nasty towels to dry?
You use the air dryer that's built into the seat.

Still use small amount of TP to review job performance…..

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top