JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So... aren't FMJs heavily discouraged for hunting use... ? :rolleyes: what does he want us to do, use shotguns on all game...? :rolleyes: imagine the horror when they realize that there are big bore soft points and hollowpoint expanding bullets and slugs available for the casual hunters

I like how TheHossUSMC described hollow point ammo in a now deleted YouTube video.

"They open up like a parachute to slow down the bullet so it won't exit the bad guy you are shooting at and hit innocent people who may be behind him."

Shortly after the President's well-considered and informed remarks, Jerry Rivers (Geraldo Rivera before he "embraced his heritage") pontificated that no one needs an AR15 because no one hunts or target practices with one.

The worst kind of ignorance is the willful kind. Significantly more dangerous than hypocrisy.

Biden's announcement just now in relation to the school shooting expressed horror at the very concept of an expanding bullet, and specifically stated that there is no need for them in America.
In relation to the school shooting?? I gaurantee you this... the LEO's that put down that murderer of children so efficiently... sure weren't tossing FMJ's, buddy!

Just blowing smoke, but I have to agree we've been seeing more and more hints that ammo is next on the woke menu. I couldn't count how many times over the years I've heard people that should know better scoff at the idea as pure tinhat material and crazy talk. "They can't ever go after ammo."

Just like, "they cant ever go after a rifle", "...a piece of plastic", "...a hunk of metal". Not so crazy any more, is it(?)

In relation to the school shooting?? I gaurantee you this... the LEO's that put down that murderer of children so efficiently... sure weren't tossing FMJ's, buddy!

Just blowing smoke, but I have to agree we've been seeing more and more hints that ammo is next on the woke menu. I couldn't count how many times over the years I've heard people that should know better scoff at the idea as pure tinhat material and crazy talk. "They can't ever go after ammo."
While "most of us" may not see more laws on ammo YET, what these kind of things are really good at is getting another panic run going. Not sure why I bother to say this as it always falls on deaf ears but, this may start another. How many past panic shortages were set off by some shooting? Most ammo is back in supply now. Of course its not the price it was before the last panic but that's not going to happen with inflation we have now. If this does set off another panic sadly most shooters will once again be caught pants down and angry when they can't find ammo. :s0092:

While "most of us" may not see more laws on ammo YET
I think that's the key word, "yet". There are already states with ammo purchase limits, purchase permits for ammo and registries that only permit a person to purchase ammo for the registered firearms they own... among others.

If old butt stain is feeling empowered enough to start popping off about ball ammo only.... that's kind of giving the green light for proliferation of some of the existing craziness (in some states) and expansion into examining "types" for pushes to the chopping block.

There are always blatant hints as to what's coming next, although many write it off as crazy talk... until it happens and it affects "them".

It wasn't so long ago folks in Oregon were sitting around jawing and chalking up BCG's for private party sales as tinfoil hat nonsense. I guess sometimes age brings perspective. If the power elite are starting to talk about it... it may not be in the immediate future... but they're heading that way for sure.

I think that's the key word, "yet". There are already states with ammo purchase limits, purchase permits for ammo and registries that only permit a person to purchase ammo for the registered firearms they own... among others.

If old butt stain is feeling empowered enough to start popping off about ball ammo only.... that's kind of giving the green light for proliferation of some of the existing craziness (in some states) and expansion into examining "types" for pushes to the chopping block.

There are always blatant hints as to what's coming next, although many write it off as crazy talk... until it happens and it affects "them".

It wasn't so long ago folks in Oregon were sitting around jawing and chalking up BCG's for private party sales as tinfoil hat nonsense. I guess sometimes age brings perspective.
YEP! That was why I put "yet" in quotes like that. The usual suspects are of course going at ammo. Heavily blue places like CA, IL, and more will follow. What I see as something to watch now, not next month, is supply yet again. Every time we have one of these panic shortages a crap ton of shooters act like they have never seen one before and had no warning. :confused:
Then we get to hear all the conspiracy stuff. Ammo Co's are doing this to make money and blah, blah, blah. With many people there is no using logic and facts. They refuse to set aside ammo, panic shortage comes rolling along, they are angry and its always someone else's fault. :confused:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top