JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This Colt had some cracks tig welded on the frame near the main spring housing after it was dropped.
Being an aluminum frame Commander, the black anodizing finish was ruined, so I had Mike at Northwest Gun Refinishing Cerakote it.
The grips are buffalo horn. I am very happy with the results and the color scheme Mike came up with.

I like two tone 1911's. When the finish was worn on my carry pistol it went from being all black oxide to a black slide and SS frame. So I would say go for it... I believe Wilson makes a two tone just like your rendering

Last edited by a moderator:
Love it!:s0155:

1911002.jpg

The Wilson classic supergrade is a two tone. I like the look quite a bit.

timsguns003-1.jpg

You might call this a 2 tone as well, and I love this one:

Full custom build - Stuart Nuss - 1911 Officer's frame with a commander length damascus slide and Schuemann ported match barrel in 45acp
2011-09-11145445.jpg

My like dislike of bi-tone depends on the combination of colors and intended use. Silv7 that color combination can be found on the Springfield Loaded operator and lightweight champion models. I for one am partial to that color scheme and if I can every pull together the cash for a 1911 the lightweight champion is on my short list.

Some nice looking 1911s on here. Thanks to the rest for sharing.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top