1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Bi-Mart today

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by deen_ad, Jan 18, 2014.

1. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I found Hornady .45 Critical Duty 220 Gr ammo today for 20.97 a box. MSRP is $30.28. So I guess I didn't get burned. I normally carry Remington Golden Saber 185 Gr +P.

Not sure if one is better than the other. The Golden Saber is supposed to break 1,000fps and the Critical Duty is 900.

NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
    "Defender of Freedom" award
    NRA Recruiter
    Second Amendment Foundation Member
    Washington Arms Collectors Member
    Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"
  2. F2CMaDMaXX

F2CMaDMaXX West of Portland from England Bullet goes where now? Staff Member Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I noticed Bimart had several calibres of Critical Duty in stock today, 9, 357, 45 etc. All about $20 for 25.
  3. gaijinsamurai

gaijinsamurai Beaverton Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

Good to hear. I may stop by the Aloha store and see if they have any 9mm and .45 ACP in stock.
  4. Spitpatch

Spitpatch Forest Grove, Oregon Well-Known Member

BI-MART ammo shelves were VERY healthy two days ago in Forest Grove. An anecdotal barometer reading would go something like: 3 months ago: **dismal**. 2 months ago: **better***.( Be there on delivery day.) Now: Comin' Up!

Been lucky on only incidental visits lately, and have snagged up VERY essential and desired powders: IMR4227, LeverEvolution, IMR3031, and H335. (This scooping up behavior I fully admit contributes to the problem, and is actually the very Genesis of it.) But I do not schedule my BI-MART visits according to gun stuff. Very most more likely is Automotive, Hardware, Pet Supply, and on the distasteful visits: Razor Blades and Deoderant.

Just Sayin' (but I HATE that "colloquial expression" to be polite): Keep your eye on ol' BIMART. More importantly, remember BIMART in the future. If you're gonna dump some money, dump it in the REAL PEOPLE's STORE!

Disclaimer: The Poster here has absolutely no connection with BIMART Corporation, or any affiliate thereof, other than finding powder over the last two months.
  5. bellarum

bellarum beaverton Well-Known Member

Call it scooping up if you want. Get what you need/want when you can. Everyone wants to get lucky finding what we are all looking for! Glad you did! good luck to the rest of us! Happy loading!
  6. Spitpatch

Spitpatch Forest Grove, Oregon Well-Known Member

Hey. Just reviewed my post, and note that the powders I cited as proud to find were all medium-to-fast burning.

HMMMM! Maybe this Obama stuff ain't so bad after all! Got the Magnum guys even more skeered than the rest of us! I always thot I'd like to thin out that herd. Never thought Curious George'd ever do it FOR me.