JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am good friends with the gal that runs the sporting goods in our local store, known her for 30 years. I talked to her about the 5.56 in ammo cans and it isn't selling well at any of the stores and they haves buttload in the warehouse. She told me to hold off as they will probably have a huge price reduction soon to unload it......this is just her opinion based on past experiences. She said she would call me if it happens and I will post on the forum if it happens. ;)

That's actually not a bad price being is its already on 10-rnd stripper clips and sealed in a MilSpec ammo can. It was $159.99 before this sale, which worked out to 38cents and round, and 62-gr. steel core was going for waaay more than that not too long ago (like 45cents a round)... right now it works out to 35cents a round... getting warmer!!

BTW- now I'm suscribed to this thread for any updates... plus I'll be checking my local store regularly now too, and will squak up if there's a further price reduction.

I picked one up at BiMart yesterday. These ammo cans store well without occupying too much space, and it's a nice little SHTF insurance policy at a fair price.

If they go on sale for a bargain rate (like say...$129.95), I'll probably add a few more. It's a good utility round that seems to perform well enough in all barrel lengths. BiMart need not worry. If they go on sale, all us AR knuckleheads will surely gobble 'em up and tuck them away.

Thanks Stomper - I'm always curious about mark up on anything. When I was 14 I worked a retail store and found out that clothing is 1000% mark up - I don't get anything until they go on sale at 50-70% off now. Thanks for the info on the Federal 5.56. I've seen these in the store but just couldn't seem to cough up that much. I may grab one today anyway but it'll be nice to know if they mark them down to dump them. There are three or four Bi-marts in Eugene alone that have piles of these on the end caps in the sporting section.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top