Sporting Systems
Landhawk Arms
Oregon Rifleworks
Buster Beaver Cerakote
Southwest Firearms Forum
Defensive Arts
Gun Deals
Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Bi mart - Thompson Center compass rifle Sale

OP
R

reblwing

Reactions
Still experimenting but right now using a burris banner 6-18x50. Shooting 100 yards at Douglas ridge. Plan on going to 200 next time out. Paid about $100 on Amazon or Ebay. Can't justify spending much more than that on a $300 rifle. Though the last time I was at douglas ridge another shooter ler me shoot his high end, long range, custom rifle which he built himself with a nightforce scope. It was really nice but at $1500 it's a little much. When i grow up and get a $1000+ rifle then I'll start thinking about it.

Superglide

Reactions
What scope do you suggest for the TC in 6.5?
Opinions on the rifle, disregarding the cost...
For the scope, it depends on your intended use of course. With the supplied bases a objective size of 40-42mm and a set of low rings works well. I initially mounted a 6-24x to see what it will perform like. I was impressed, regardless of the price. I am late to the Creedmore party, but I am a believer now. For most uses a 4-12x is good, or even a 3x9. I am replacing with a 2.5x10 Nikon Monarch for permanent residence.

I did go through it a bit, as far as removing the stock and cleaning up the oil and resecuring with blue loctite on stock and scope bases. I also took off the sharp magazine edges with 800 grit, very lightly. It easily made the 1 MOA with Hornady ammo and was very close with the Winchester 125 grain. More research in the next couple days.

I was going to go with Ruger, but at that price it is amazing. They are clearing them out because of the release of Compass v 2. The difference is the trigger. My version 1 trigger is more than acceptable. Hope this helps.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Wolf Creek Rd Public Shooting Lanes Cleanup!
North Fork Wolf Creek Rd public shooting lanes
N Fork Wolf Creek Rd, Oregon 97144, USA
ARPC Speed Steel
ARPC (Albany Rifle & Pistol Club)
29999 Saddle Butte Rd, Shedd, OR 97377, USA
NRA Pistol marksmanship Simulator Training
Defensive Arts Center
4620 SW Beaverton Hillsdale Hwy C2, Portland, OR 97221, USA
.22 Rimfire Challenge
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Bill Blowers - Tap-Rack Tactical Tac - Pistol
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA

LATEST REVIEWS

• Gun & Boot & Gear - Astoria
    5.00 star(s)
    Good bunch of guys! Always treated me well, and in some cases better then expected. Highly recommend swinging by and talking with Andrew about any...
    • jblake00
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Rifleworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Seen it from the highway a few times, so made the effort to go in yesterday lunchtime- What an awesome store ! Big, bight, well laid out, with a...
    • asiparks
  • Centerfire Gunworks
    1.00 star(s)
    This shop is an extortion racket. It’s the only one in town and charges like a monopoly. He can’t fulfill commitments and he won’t provide estimates.
    • Emm
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Rifleworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I'd be a lot happier if they were closer to the Couve but they are definitely worth the drive Friendly staff and very competitive prices on ammo...
    • GWS
  • Tri-County Gun Club
    5.00 star(s)
    Tricounty Gun Club is an excellent place to practice, train, and compete with multiple shooting disciplines. Members have card key access to...
    • Whisky Tahoe

SUPPORT NORTHWEST FIREARMS