JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Bi mart has thompson center compass rifle in 6.5 creedmoor and 30.06 on sale for $220.00.
Already have one in 6.5. Might need one in 30.p

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Still experimenting but right now using a burris banner 6-18x50. Shooting 100 yards at Douglas ridge. Plan on going to 200 next time out. Paid about $100 on Amazon or Ebay. Can't justify spending much more than that on a $300 rifle. Though the last time I was at douglas ridge another shooter ler me shoot his high end, long range, custom rifle which he built himself with a nightforce scope. It was really nice but at $1500 it's a little much. When i grow up and get a $1000+ rifle then I'll start thinking about it.

What scope do you suggest for the TC in 6.5?
Opinions on the rifle, disregarding the cost...
For the scope, it depends on your intended use of course. With the supplied bases a objective size of 40-42mm and a set of low rings works well. I initially mounted a 6-24x to see what it will perform like. I was impressed, regardless of the price. I am late to the Creedmore party, but I am a believer now. For most uses a 4-12x is good, or even a 3x9. I am replacing with a 2.5x10 Nikon Monarch for permanent residence.

I did go through it a bit, as far as removing the stock and cleaning up the oil and resecuring with blue loctite on stock and scope bases. I also took off the sharp magazine edges with 800 grit, very lightly. It easily made the 1 MOA with Hornady ammo and was very close with the Winchester 125 grain. More research in the next couple days.

I was going to go with Ruger, but at that price it is amazing. They are clearing them out because of the release of Compass v 2. The difference is the trigger. My version 1 trigger is more than acceptable. Hope this helps.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top