JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was at BiMart the other day looking at some rifles, I came soo close to buying a rifle, but the person(Lets say the persons name is Jamie) who was helping me was just man handling the gun. When I mean man handling, Jamie treated that new gun as if it was a freaking shovel sheesh. Did I mention that the rifle dropped? I asked about scope rings/mounts so Jamie pulled out some mounts/rings and tried putting them on and BOOM the rifle dropped, from the counter to the floor. I tried to catch it, but I was too late. Jamie was trying soo hard to make a sale. I guess because she was surrounded by managers and other workers, Jamie tried to look their best. I also asked about the scopes and guess what, Jamie treated it no different. Jamie forced the scope mount on the scope like no other. I was like daayum(in a bad way) and I caught myself saying it out loud, so I covered it up but saying: Looks sweet. And yes, the scope AND rifle has some scratches. All in all, I still would buy rifles from BiMart. Just not from that BiMart...

The sales people at MY local BiMart either are gun savy or know enough to let the customer handle the merchandise for themselves. BiMart simply has the best everyday prices for long guns in my area. NO one beats their price on a Ruger 10/22.

Made a Weatherby shotgun purchase just yesterday and told them after shopping around, they had the best price I could find even including the internet. They replied that yes that's their understanding on a lot of what they sell, especially on Ruger 1022 rifles and was told that Bimart sells more 1022 rifles than anyone else west of the Mississippi - no wonder their prices are hard to beat

I think BiMart has sold me more firearms than any other store that I have ever frequented. As has been pointed out, they have good prices. They let the firearm sell itself and always take the time to get good answers if they do not know one.

You can find wider selections of firearms many places. But on price and service BiMart gets top marks in my book.

I think BiMart has sold me more firearms than any other store that I have ever frequented. As has been pointed out, they have good prices. They let the firearm sell itself and always take the time to get good answers if they do not know one.

You can find wider selections of firearms many places. But on price and service BiMart gets top marks in my book.

I agree!:s0155:

That's where I bought my 10/22 many years ago... and they're the only place that stocks Remington Thunderbolts, the best .22 round IMO. BTW which bi-mart was that again?

Bi-Mart has always been a pro-gun company at the corporate level. Pretty much the only place around that you can depend on having something gun related on sale each week, gun show discounts etc. ... As for the competency at the counter ? ... Well it can be hit and miss, especially if the store is short handed. It is a department store after all, and the person you see at the gun counter one day, may be selling alarm clocks the next.
I had an "issue" with one of these gun counter folks when he didn't want to sell me more than three boxes of in-stock ammo that was on sale, even though there was no limit posted on the coupon. When I asked for an explanation, I was told "the state doesn't let Bi-Mart sell any more than that to each customer". An assistant manager then backed up the clerks story.
As my "BS detector was going off, I then called Bi-mart headquarters in Eugene to ask which state legislation had caused Bi-Mart to limit it's per-person ammo sales. I continued by stating that I was organizing a protest at the Governors office and needed to cite the specific state law in question.
Within one hour I received a call from the Bi-mart district manager who explained that the clerk and asst. manager were "confused" which had been corrected, and that he had given specific directions to the store to sell me the ammo that I wanted.
...Moral to the story ? Bi-mart is a great place to shop and find some good deals on shooting supplies. Just don't expect to be dealing with Massad Ayoob each time you make it to the glass counter.

Well, I buy a lot of stuff from Bi Mart, but it sure isn't because of their superior customer service.

The Oregon City store is closest to me, and the folks that normally work at the gun counter are quite ignorant, in spite of their arrogance.:s0114:

WAYNO.

Actually, their selection is pretty big, if you are willing to order from one of the catalogs they have under the counter. The prices are competitive as you would expect, around 15 to 20% off MSRP.

Happens in BiMart and happens in the biggest (and I mean the 2-3 biggest gun stores around/near Portland, I just don't want to name names). However, to be honest, not the dropping part but definitely the scratches and tough handling of guns. When you are handling a $1300 Sig or a $1700 Noveske, I am not paying that kind of money for a gun that has scratches to the finish or barrel, maybe that's just me, but I def. have high expectations when I'm paying a high price.

Bi-Mart does have good prices and decent selection (if you're not looking for 7.62x39 ammo).

Ironically, within a block or two of Jamie's store, some other guy or gal with sure hands and at least minimal weapon skills/respect/knowledge is selling curly fries or skinny jeans.

..........I had an "issue" with one of these gun counter folks when he didn't want to sell me more than three boxes of in-stock ammo that was on sale, even though there was no limit posted on the coupon. When I asked for an explanation, I was told "the state doesn't let Bi-Mart sell any more than that to each customer". An assistant manager then backed up the clerks story.
As my "BS detector was going off, I then called Bi-mart headquarters in Eugene to ask which state legislation had caused Bi-Mart to limit it's per-person ammo sales. I continued by stating that I was organizing a protest at the Governors office and needed to cite the specific state law in question.
Within one hour I received a call from the Bi-mart district manager who explained that the clerk and asst. manager were "confused" which had been corrected, and that he had given specific directions to the store to sell me the ammo that I wanted.
Just don't expect to be dealing with Massad Ayoob each time you make it to the glass counter.

At the risk of appearing that I am "packing on" BiMart I couldn't let this one go......
I visited the same store last week and noticed that clerk was no longer at the store. Curiosity got the best of me and I asked one of the other employees where he was, to paraphrase......

" where is XXXX ?... Oh ya, that guy, he was a legend here for all his B.S. stories .....Oh, did he get canned then ? .....Uh, no ...he got a promotion, he's being trained to be a manager
:s0140:

Coos Bay and North Bend BiMarts both have friendly knowledgeable people at the gun counters. I've been buying guns and supplies from the North Bend store for over 30 years and never had a bad experience

I am not sure if I would be more upset to see someone's future gun manhandled (I hate stores where the guns are just thrown around) or feel more sorry for the salesperson who you said was trying hard to make a sale.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top