Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Bi-Mart no longer selling .357 ammo

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by F2CMaDMaXX, Jan 3, 2014.

1. F2CMaDMaXX

F2CMaDMaXX West of Portland from England Bullet goes where now? Staff Member Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Well, not exactly, but they're only stocking the critical duty right now and they no longer have a SKU for regular .357 in the Hillsboro store....

2. ZA_Survivalist

ZA_Survivalist Oregon AK's all day.

Yesterday they had .357 critical defense ammo, two boxes. About a month ago they had a boat load of standard .38 and 357..
    That was at the hillsboro one. Im quite sure they just ripped the price tag off the shelf..
    They'd be fools not to carry .38spl or 357.. Shoot they've got a TON of .40.. Which just happens to be the only common commercial caliber I don't have a pistol for.

All this reminds me I need more. :)

3. F2CMaDMaXX

F2CMaDMaXX West of Portland from England Bullet goes where now? Staff Member Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Right, they do have hollow points in, but not regular, and it wasn't for the missing tag on the shelf, i asked, they no longer/don't currently have a SKU for it :(

4. F2CMaDMaXX

They did not know when i asked, something about some other 'bulk' boxes as well, i'll probe a little more when i'm there next, i don't have a .357........ yet.

5. pinne65

pinne65 Hillsboro, OR Active Member

I'm guessing they just can't get any 38/357. It also looks like they can't any 9mm besides the critical defense any more. It seems like the 9mm UMC dried up a month or two ago. I've been going over there at lunch different days in the week and different weekdays trying for 9mm and 22LR for a month now. But as of yet haven't had any luck.

6. F2CMaDMaXX

Good point, there wasn't any regular 9 either, nor .22, however, they are still getting .22 in, but someone posts up it's there, and it's gone the same day.

7. Nick Burkhardt

Nick Burkhardt NE Oregon Well-Known Member

Plenty of Federal FMJ 100 round boxes for $25.77 at my walmart, and even two 250 round UMC boxes for $69.97 each. Lots of 556, 40 & 45, but not 22LR or 380.

F2CMaDMaXX and (deleted member) like this.
  8. 1stklass

1stklass salem oregon Well-Known Member

The Wal Mart in Mcminnville today had a limited selection of ammo, but they also had a new glass display with a bunch of various calibers, made by manufacturers i had never heard of. The lady behind the counter said they are doing everything they can to get their hands on all the ammunition they can get their hands on including buying from lesser known manufacturers. Fred meyers that are carrying ammunition have seemed to get more 22 than just about anyone. My father in law got me a couple 1400 round buckets of golden bullets (fred meyer i think)a couple days ago so i'm pretty set with my stock of 22 now. I think he said wal mart had a big selection of pistol ammo and he said they had 50 round boxes of 230 grain .45 for 15.97 which i have never seen that cheap

9. Darknight

Darknight Salem Active Member

What Freds did he go to?

10. 1stklass

1stklass salem oregon Well-Known Member

sorry guys, pretty sure he said Oregon City, he said they had probably 4 or 5 buckets left. Newberg said they got 35k rounds on black friday and a week or so ago got another 30k rounds both times gone in 5 hours. Their buckets were 1700 rounds and Oregon City was 1400 rounds