JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
She's good people. Went out of her way to keep a customer. This day and age that's a rare thing, my friend.
I don't think that you would find that level of service at Cabela's, Walmart or Home Depot these days.
People are too quick to throw out the baby with the bath water.

If you put your money where you mouth is, then just write them. Let them know that they are losing a customer due to their political stance. If they don't receive an email backlash from a ton of life long Bi-Mart customers, then they won't have any idea how people are feeling. Venting here won't change a thing. I doubt they stay up late at night wondering what we'rediscussing in NWFA. Ping them.

Oh I did. Believe me... I did.

I was really surprised by their decision. Been shopping there for over 20 years... Done.

At least they are still selling guns and ammo unlike other stores that have just quit. I think the vitreal should be directed in a more productive direction. Like lawmakers.

I'm not a "hater", I'm more of an "ignorer"....
After all, the opposite of love isn't hate, it's indifference.

Best I can do is be indifferent to them over the many
other choices of where to spend my $.

Last Edited:
Ive given it up too.

If they sell us out that fast on this... whats next?

If a man can be sent to fight and maybe die for his country ... he should be able to buy a rifle back home without any PC hassle.
Making it law is one thing... but for a private company who supposedly supports the military and outdoorsmen... this is a massive kick in the balls.

Lets me know right where the company stands when it comes to PC pressure from OUTSIDE their customer base... and right where they stand on on my rights and those of millions of other Americans who cant wait to turn 18 to buy a rifle.

I, myself, bought my first rifle at BiMart when I was 18 and bought a couple more there before I was 21. Decent prices and fair pricing on ammo too. I spent a lot of time and money there when I was a young'n ... seems these days they dont want people like me to buy there, so if I was 18-20yr old me, today? I would not be allowed to buy.

They are shooting themselves in the foot. Been to a BiMart lately? 90% of their customers are drawing social security... The 10% that isnt ? well, guess what department they are shopping in?
Guns and outdoor gear bring young guys into that store... NOT the pharmacy or housewares.
By the time BiMart wants their money, most young people will have moved on to other outlets...

BiMart values liberal ideology more than the future of their business. They certainly value that ideology over doing the right thing.

So, I wont spend a dime there anymore.
There are plenty of other places out there.

shibbershabber, So in your mind a old guy like me wouldn't have any interest in the sporting goods department?

No one is putting Bi-Mart out of business over guns. Even if everyone stopped buying guns and ammo from them, they'd simply take them out of the store and use the space to sell something else. I strongly suspect, due to all the other stuff they carry, that guns and ammo is a small part of their business. Go ahead and boycott if you want. I don't go in very often and when I do, it's only to get some ammo. And part of the reason is it's the only place in town now to get ammo. So if I need to pick up a quick box, no, I'm not driving to another city to do it. I don't like their policy either, but I don't contribute enough to their sales for them to even notice me.

Honestly I'm sick of boycotts - on both sides. It sounds like a bunch of children demanding their way or they'll "force you out of business". What a bunch of BS. Honestly, can anyone please tell me how many businesses have actually been shut down by such boycotts? I'm not talking about a small 2 person bakery here, I'm talking a big business. Wasn't Dick's supposed to be boycotted out of business the last time they took guns off the shelves? Yet here they are, moving along like the boycott never existed.

I've got better things to do to try and make political change than eliminate every single damn place I can shop or eat.

In a Monday morning mood, so there :mad:

In a Monday morning mood, so there

BOY, I guess so! :p

I tend to agree with you though. I believe BiMart in smaller communities may feel the pinch if people stop buying from them. I spend time in a smaller coastal town with a BiMart, and the gun and ammo sales going away could get attention? There's only one other place in town to buy guns and ammo, if Freddy's took out their guns and ammo.

shibbershabber, So in your mind a old guy like me wouldn't have any interest in the sporting goods department?
No, didn't mean that.

Just that the sporting goods dept is primarily what brings younger people in the store.
Shutting out younger customers is not a good long term business plan.

If they had denied me the purchase of a gun that I was legally able to own... But denied me based on corporate policy, I would never have gone in there again.

BOY, I guess so! :p

I tend to agree with you though. I believe BiMart in smaller communities may feel the pinch if people stop buying from them. I spend time in a smaller coastal town with a BiMart, and the gun and ammo sales going away could get attention? There's only one other place in town to buy guns and ammo, if Freddy's took out their guns and ammo.
Bi mart is the only real store within nearly 20 miles of Weiser. An extra hour on the road to pick up something simple probably isn't going to happen by anyone. My opinion is they have a pretty good shooting department, reloading, powder, stuff that an ordinary retailer doesn't carry. I don't think the 18-21 thing is the hill we want to die on. More access to shooting sports is always better. Driving good guys out of the trade is counter productive. When I was a kid, 18-21 year olds had to drive to Idaho to buy beer.......never stopped any of them from buying beer in Washington state stores after they turned 21.

They're kowtowing to the little idiot billy hogg and all those other stupid arse kids that are planning to "walk out" again on Friday. Hopefully the Syria protests and the Starbucks debacle drowns them out.

Worth mentioning BiMart still sells tobaccy. I don't personally care if people smoke, but unlike .223 tobaccy actually does kill a boatload people every day, more than anything except French Fries.

Really! Sad, I always loved Bi-Mart, the only retailer after Joe's who carried bulk fishing hooks and other tackle at decent prices, and selection, as well as a decent ammo selection at reasonable prices. They also have a really good selection of food and OTC medical stuff at better prices then most retailers. This is especially hard on me, I always enjoyed shopping Bi-Mart, and when they had sales on ammo, that was THE place to go to stock up! While I'm torn about this turn of events, I have to voice my Dissapointment with corporate making policy outside any law, and because it effects the rights of legal persons, I am forced to withdraw my business from them, and go elsewhere! For me, it' a matter of principles, a young person is legally able to purchase and own a firearm, yet a retailer is willing to denied that right based on a hand full if letters and emails from milf soccer moms? I call that treason, and will not support it!
I have drafted a letter to Corp, and copied it to send to the media( not that I expect any one to actually read it, or do any thing with it other then file it in the round file) but suposed some one does read it? Suposed many some ones did what I am doing, at some point they have to answer, and we should hear their answer! Will us refusing to shop cause them a loss of business? Hard to say, but I can give you an example of a business that suffered greatly for refusing to heed the voice of their customers! You guys know Pacific Restaurants? They owned the Stanford's chain and a few sea food places. They went stupid and changed the menus and cheaped out on every thing, didn't take long for folks to voice their opinons of that, and Stanford's suffered huge losses, so much so that they publicly apologised to the whole PNW over several weeks, offered deep discounts and other promotions to try and win back the customer base! I know for a fact, they were losing tens of thousands of dollars per day, per store, in revenue generated, and they were mortally wounded by their stupidity! Its actually a minor miracle they even survived! Point is, customers DO drive a business, and if enough customers stop shopping their, that business Will suffer enough to change or go out out business!

Going out of business does not help the good folks of Weiser, LaPine and Baker City when there are no other local options.
Sure people say thank goodness for Brownells or Midway or whoever, but how does that ammo get to you? Think long and hard. How do you get your order from these miracle saviors?
Thats right the same method for all. SHIPPING. And then when you are all fat and happy, one new directive is created and ALL remaining are taken down in one swoop. That directive (I can't say law cuz it may not even qualify legally) will be no shipping ammo. The ace-in-the -hole for gungrabbers. They are saving that up their sleeve and that is why it has not been proposed yet. It is the coup d'etat.

Really! Sad, I always loved Bi-Mart, the only retailer after Joe's who carried bulk fishing hooks and other tackle at decent prices, and selection, as well as a decent ammo selection at reasonable prices. They also have a really good selection of food and OTC medical stuff at better prices then most retailers. This is especially hard on me, I always enjoyed shopping Bi-Mart, and when they had sales on ammo, that was THE place to go to stock up! While I'm torn about this turn of events, I have to voice my Dissapointment with corporate making policy outside any law, and because it effects the rights of legal persons, I am forced to withdraw my business from them, and go elsewhere! For me, it' a matter of principles, a young person is legally able to purchase and own a firearm, yet a retailer is willing to denied that right based on a hand full if letters and emails from milf soccer moms? I call that treason, and will not support it!
I have drafted a letter to Corp, and copied it to send to the media( not that I expect any one to actually read it, or do any thing with it other then file it in the round file) but suposed some one does read it? Suposed many some ones did what I am doing, at some point they have to answer, and we should hear their answer! Will us refusing to shop cause them a loss of business? Hard to say, but I can give you an example of a business that suffered greatly for refusing to heed the voice of their customers! You guys know Pacific Restaurants? They owned the Stanford's chain and a few sea food places. They went stupid and changed the menus and cheaped out on every thing, didn't take long for folks to voice their opinons of that, and Stanford's suffered huge losses, so much so that they publicly apologised to the whole PNW over several weeks, offered deep discounts and other promotions to try and win back the customer base! I know for a fact, they were losing tens of thousands of dollars per day, per store, in revenue generated, and they were mortally wounded by their stupidity! Its actually a minor miracle they even survived! Point is, customers DO drive a business, and if enough customers stop shopping their, that business Will suffer enough to change or go out out business!

I agree that Stanford's was a stupid move - we used to love going there. Difference with Bi-Mart is their policy only affects a small portion of their business - I'd guess less than 10% - whereas Stanford's affected 100% of their customer base.

Any time I've been in a Bi-Mart, I've seen the majority of their customers buying everything but guns and ammo. And those that buy guns and ammo seem not to be going through the checkstand with anything else. I just really wonder if gun owners make up enough of their business to really be impacted by a boycott. I'm willing to bet their financial people ran the numbers and figured they could weather such a boycott before they made their decision.

It's sad they made this choice, but ultimately they're in business to make money, not make political stands for things like the 2nd amendment.

There is no comparison between the two. A 100% service oriented business (restaurant) and a small town general store are different. Apples and oranges.

My point was everyone is relying on "oh, I will just go to..."
If we are all on the same train, it's too easy to derail the destination.
Do not forsake current options. It could be a bad decision.

Also, they are NOT taking on the 2A in a political stand. Stop thinking that right now!

How do I (or anybody else) know this for certain? They sell guns, ammo, bullets, slings, gunpowder....
Please! They made a stupid corporate decision by some D-bag somewhere to try to appear like something desirable by image.
Like the guy in skinny jeans.
They both need to be informed of the idiocy of their choice.

Going out of business does not help the good folks of Weiser, LaPine and Baker City when there are no other local options.
Sure people say thank goodness for Brownells or Midway or whoever, but how does that ammo get to you? Think long and hard. How do you get your order from these miracle saviors?
Thats right the same method for all. SHIPPING. And then when you are all fat and happy, one new directive is created and ALL remaining are taken down in one swoop. That directive (I can't say law cuz it may not even qualify legally) will be no shipping ammo. The ace-in-the -hole for gungrabbers. They are saving that up their sleeve and that is why it has not been proposed yet. It is the coup d'etat.

That won't even matter.

If BiMart can be persuaded by outside pressure to arbitrarily deny service to a certain portion of the adul
population....
Who is to say they won't cave to the pressure and stop selling firearms and ammo altogether?

Inches given = miles taken

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads