JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Yes, I said Ashland, OR! If you're not familiar with Ashland, it is the home of the Shakespeare Festival and a bastion of anti-gun people. I know all other Bi Marts in the Rogue Valley are getting handgun cases put in too. Like their long guns, their prices are better than any other local retailer, and most online venues (when I have price shopped for a particular model, from time to time) and they will special order from manufacturers they already carry. I saw a plain-jane Springfield Armory Full sized 1911 for $492. I'm not familiar with what they usually go for, but that's a good name on a good gun that I could afford.
Additionally, their powder shelf is packed full, as well as the bullets and primers. Great people too.

Last Edited:
I noticed much more ammo and reloading components available at the Bi-Marts near me... Might be time to enhance my own personal inventory...

Can never have enough scotch, enough guns, enough ammo or enough reloading components...

Not to mention food, water, propane and non-perishables either...

If i wanted to buy a handgun in Oregon would I have to have it shipped to a WA FFL? I know Oregon doesn't recognize WA CPL but I like good deals and I go through OR a coule times a year.

Brutus Out
Yes sir, you'd need it transferred FFL to FFL, which would erode some of the potential savings...

But some deals are just too good to resist..

If i wanted to buy a handgun in Oregon would I have to have it shipped to a WA FFL? I know Oregon doesn't recognize WA CPL but I like good deals and I go through OR a coule times a year.

Brutus Out
I don't know if Bi Mart would do that. Most FFL's will ship to another FFL to have it sold in the customer's state, but Bi Mart isn't exclusively a gun store, obviously, so that may be something they're not up for if I had to guess.

Any muskets?:D

They do have modern black powder rifles! But no Elizabethan era muskets, which would be apropos.

Post Script: I forgot part of the story:
In the spring of '14, Ashland tried to pass a ban on open carry downtown. A lot of people responded, and we (locals, including myself, and statewide support from OFF and its members) fought back hard, eventually defeating the proposal. It was a well earned victory, both symbolic and literal. Some time later, a friend at the Bi Mart told me all the Bi Marts in the Valley were getting handguns to sell in the near future, except Ashland, due to the political climate. I gave some people a good earful about what we had been fighting for, and how this decision not to sell handguns was handing an acquiescence to the antigunners who think they can 'run' our community, as well as why with the victory over the recent issue gave all the more reason as to why the Ashland Bi Mart should be carrying handguns.

Well, they changed their mind, and we again have stopped anti-gun fear mongering, even if it's just our community.

What's the worse that could happen, they don't sell many handguns? Big deal, transfer the stock to another store in an area where the guns will sell.

I've purchased a Weatherby SA-08 auto shotgun, a Gen.3 G19, and a Gen.4 G19 from my local Bi-Mart and I'm considering a G30S, and perhaps another .308 Ruger American Rifle for one of my sons.

Last Edited:
I went to college there 76-77 One of the guys in the Dorm went Deer hunting (we all kept our firearms in our rooms at the time) He was up on Mt Ashland somewhere and dropped a HUGE 4 point buck (for our friends in White tail country we only count one side out here so you would have called it an 8 pt).
He of course field dressed it. Then a couple of the guys brought it in the dorm and hung it in the shower room (there were to privicy stalls and they ran a closet rod across the top of the dividers) He skinmed it out in the shower. Then let it hang until morning.

First thing in the morning a couple of the guys took it into our little kitchen area and broke it all down and wrapped it up. They tossed everything else out of the fridge freezer and packed it with cuts.

That night the left over pieces that they couldn't get into the freezer were cooked and the whole lower floor of the dorm smelled like venison.

I managed to get a burger.

I imagine now days there would be people in the dorm that would require medical help if they saw that happen LOL.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top