JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Minor update. When my friend went in to pick up her magazines, there were a ton of other people they had called in. They told them to hold onto the mags and bring them back if they ended up needing a refund for their gun later. Which leads me to an interesting mental exercise. Once the measure is in effect, say the magazine part goes into effect before the 30 days are up, are the customers even allowed to transfer them back to the store?

As to whether Bi-Mart is really destroying mags, it seems stupid to me, but that's what the store here is telling customers. I know they didn't have any >10 rounders to buy separately a week and a half ago, so this only pertains to the ones included with firearms.

When I worked as the receiving manager at Sportsmans we destroyed stuff all the time. Thrown in the garbage after. It was policy as bums and similar fished the cans and would try to turn the stuff at another store.

Magazines, I don't think they would get destroyed. An employee could certainly make them disappear!
Probably comes from the legal dept. I wonder if whoever set the policy are former FBI?

Once the measure is in effect, say the magazine part goes into effect before the 30 days are up, are the customers even allowed to transfer them back to the store?
Some questions are better left unasked probably because you might scare someone up the line into withholding mags or creating some new "cover our a$$ policy".

If the "potential refund in case you need to return it later" is a way to get the mags now, then get the mags and don't complicate things. That's my opinion on it.

Last Edited:
Howdy. Simple question...are 10 round magazines allowed under m114? Pls...no histrionics, just answer the question. Thanks.
Well it is not a simple question so you can not expect simple answer. Your question needs more detail to be answered correctly.

Allowed how? To use? To buy? To carry? To sell/transfer? All of those have different answered. Also what kind of 10 round mag? Not all 10rd magazine are made the same.

If you want to be sure, you can read first hand for yourself, https://sos.oregon.gov/admin/Documents/irr/2022/017text.pdf

Last Edited:
Howdy. Simple question...are 10 round magazines allowed under m114? Pls...no histrionics, just answer the question. Thanks.
I think what others have mentioned in one of the other threads is that if it's either a higher cap mag that's been permanently modified to accept only 10 rounds, or is a true 10 rounder and not capable of being "changed" or "converted" to accept more than that, then that's an acceptable 10 round mag. Full disclaimer: you're better off interpreting for yourself.

The Measure states: (d) "Large-capacity magazine" means a fixed or detachable magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, helical feeding device, or similar device, including any such device joined or coupled with another in any manner, or a kit with such parts, that has an overall capacity of, or that can be readily restored, changed, or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition and allows a shooter to keep firing without having to pause to reload, but does not include any of the following:
(A) An ammunition feeding device that has been permanently altered so that it is not capable, now or in the future, of accepting more than 10 rounds of ammunition;

I know someone waiting in the queue to get a gun that they bought at our local Bi-Mart. They just got a call telling them to come get their mags as Bi-Mart instructed staff to destroy all mags over 10 rounds! That's just one store though. Anyone else hear the same or know of another store doing the same? These are crazy times.
what store , bet they just throw them in the dumpster?

Yes you are allowed to own them and use them at licensed gun range as well as for hunting (where legal). I fully intend to keep packing my 22 w/>10 round magazine with me into the woods for grouse/squirrel. You just can't buy anymore >10 round magazines if you don't already own them.

It sounds like Bimart is telling the customers that have there guns still waiting for background check to come and get the magazines that there gun comes with before Thursday. Then they can get the gun any time during the 30 extension. Buddy of mine gust got his mags from his dealer yesterday even though the gun is still in bgc jail

If you bought the gun and mags, and are waiting for the BGC to clear, there shouldn't be any problem since the mags were your property before the ban went into effect. This is what I was talking about weeks ago when people were going crazy with taking pictures of mags, receipts, newspapers and bigfoot to show they had them before the effective date. They're creating their own hoops to jump through when it's completely unnecessary.

This is the Grants Pass Bi-Mart and I don't have a gun on hold; just what a friend tells me. She is not a gun nut nor prone to exaggeration. I thought it was an odd approach to the problem so wanted to see if anyone else had seen/heard something similar. To be clear, the store staff told her to come down and get her mags because the staff was being told from whomever (guessing a manager/supervisor) to destroy the mags > 10 rounds. Perhaps that is an individual manager's approach or perhaps a corporate directive. Hard to tell with a sample size of one.

On a sort of related note, the biggest pawn shop in town was selling all mags > 10 rounds for $5 this afternoon. Nothing but junk mags when I was there.

If you bought the gun and mags, and are waiting for the BGC to clear, there shouldn't be any problem since the mags were your property before the ban went into effect. This is what I was talking about weeks ago when people were going crazy with taking pictures of mags, receipts, newspapers and bigfoot to show they had them before the effective date. They're creating their own hoops to jump through when it's completely unnecessary.
Except there's still a difference of opinion on this forum, on when the "transfer" or "possession" occurs. Some people say it's when you "purchase", even if you don't possess them until after the ban. Others say it's when you physically have them in your possession. Personally I fall into the latter category, but good luck to everyone.

Last Edited:
I was incorrect. From Section 7 of the measure:

(a) The large-capacity magazine was owned by the person before the effective date of this 2022 Act and maintained in the person's control or possession; or...

They really do hate us and consider us scum. This is just example of rubbing it in our faces.

I was incorrect. From Section 7 of the measure:

(a) The large-capacity magazine was owned by the person before the effective date of this 2022 Act and maintained in the person's control or possession; or...

They really do hate us and consider us scum. This is just example of rubbing it in our faces.
But if it is at home and I am at work, it is not in my possession or control...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top