JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Yeah, they were definitely "low end" but still, try to find a scoped Remington 30.06 at a gun shop for under $300. Heck, my favorite gun store admits they buy their 10/22's from BiMart because they sell them for less than the gun store can order them from Ruger.
Well that's true. But my Dickson Howa Golden Bear in '06 was the best deal I ever got. Nearly new, with a sling, for $100. A new Leupold 4X scope for it, was $62.
I've been bringing down bear, elk and deer with that rifle for over 30 years.....still works great.;)
When I got my 10/22 at BiMart in the early 80s....they were $71. My Mini 14 was $214.
I'm not bragging, I just have a hard time getting my head around these newer gun prices.:D

Well that's true. But my Dickson Howa Golden Bear in '06 was the best deal I ever got. Nearly new, with a sling, for $100. A new Leupold 4X scope for it, was $62.
I've been bringing down bear, elk and deer with that rifle for over 30 years.....still works great.;)
When I got my 10/22 at BiMart in the early 80s....they were $71. My Mini 14 was $214.
I'm not bragging, I just have a hard time getting my head around these newer gun prices.:D

+1 on that!

I remember when I bought my first MINI-14 at Bi-Mart. It must have been about 1987. It was just under $280.00 out the door. Those were the days....

+1 on that!

I remember when I bought my first MINI-14 at Bi-Mart. It must have been about 1987. It was just under $280.00 out the door. Those were the days....
For sure!:s0155:

I used to buy S&W Model 19s all day long for about $150-$200.
My best deal ever was a Colt Python w/6" barrel that a smith had worked over. The action was like glass, best I ever experienced in my 45 years of shooting. Private party, FTF, for $150.
When Payless closed up in this county, they sold all their remaining guns at below wholesale. New Colt 1911s, Series 70, were going for $210. All new S&W K and N frame revolvers, no matter what the caliber, were going for $180. Yes those were the days!

It kills me seeing the cost of guns! Two of mine came from Bi-Mart years back a Moss 500 two barrel deal cost me $150.00 on sale and my 10/22 was like $99.00 or something some twelve years ago. I was there the other day and 10/22's were over $200 and the Mini 14 was just shy of $700!
I wanted to get another SKS but cannot and will not pay $300.00 for one. I paid less than $100 bucks for mine and see no reason why they are so much. Heck years back I remember shooting up in the hills and a county sherriff came by to BS and check out our guns and literally made fun of the thing. Ending with "Cheap ammo I guess..."
Not much anymore. I rarely shoot anymore since I can't see myself shooting dollar bills (Not referring to the 7.62) at targets for fun. It's quickly becomming a sport for the wealthy.

It kills me seeing the cost of guns! Two of mine came from Bi-Mart years back a Moss 500 two barrel deal cost me $150.00 on sale and my 10/22 was like $99.00 or something some twelve years ago. I was there the other day and 10/22's were over $200 and the Mini 14 was just shy of $700!
I wanted to get another SKS but cannot and will not pay $300.00 for one. I paid less than $100 bucks for mine and see no reason why they are so much. Heck years back I remember shooting up in the hills and a county sherriff came by to BS and check out our guns and literally made fun of the thing. Ending with "Cheap ammo I guess..."
Not much anymore. I rarely shoot anymore since I can't see myself shooting dollar bills (Not referring to the 7.62) at targets for fun. It's quickly becomming a sport for the wealthy.
Not if you reload and especially if you bought supplies 2-3 years ago and can cast your own bullets.

In 1985 I spent the winter in Anchorage AK, there was a sporting goods store chain that had a special on S&W M629's with 6" barrels. There were stacks and stacks of these as tall as I was (6' 2") with a sale price of $350 ea.!

Price of steel, price of oil, and the ban on importing 'assault' rifles is what happened.

@ Firesweep- .22 conversions are worth their weight in gold. I never regret buying them for my Glock and AR. You quickly forget how much you paid for the conversions when you get to shoot often.

"It's quickly becomming a sport for the wealthy."

That's exactly what the gun grabbers want, they want you to stop shooting. They also want you to stop hunting. The harder and more expensive it is, the easier it will be for them to take it away.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top