JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just stopped by the ninth street store in Corvallis on the way back from running errands. At the sporting goods counter they have a sign that reads "ammo purchases will be limited to 4 boxes per customer." At the bottom there is a line that reads something along the lines of "until the supply situation is resolved."

Good. I'm tired of being laughed at when I check in for some 22lr. Who knew it would be so hard to take your kids out to kill some tin cans.:angry:

Good. I'm tired of being laughed at when I check in for some 22lr. Who knew it would be so hard to take your kids out to kill some tin cans.:angry:

A pellet gun or a BB gun might hold you and your kids over until availability returns to normal. However, I don't know how long it will take before people realize that hoarding bullets is like collecting Beanie Babies: They're both pretty *ahem* worthless sitting on your shelf.

We are wearing the poor bb gun out while the unfired 22 is collecting dust. I've been holding off paying the rediculous prices people are asking and haven't been able to connect with anybody with good prices. Luckily we have dirtbikes to keep us busy too.

Woodburn Bi-Mart has a similar sign posted. But if I recall, theirs says 4 boxes per caliber, per person, per day. My understanding was you could buy more than 4 boxes, as long as it is in different calibers.

I was up North of Seattle the last couple of days. I scored primers and powder at Cabelas in Lacey, Wa on Tuesday. All gone on Thursday. They were the only place that had 22lr. They have spendy and spendier in stock right now. The more expensive was $39.99 per brick.
I went to 7 or more retailers up in the area to see what is there while looking for some .32 auto for a WW2 carry pistol I have. Sportsman, Walmart, Joes, Holiday sports (great little shop, lots of ammo and fishing stuff) and Yeagers, much like the original Larry's when you go in. Most had no bricks of 22lr. and the smaller stores had far more general ammo in than the chain outlets. The Chehalis Walmart only had some boxes of 40 on the shelf. No one had much 9mm and certainly not a Walmart prices.
Here is a Joes item on liquidation clearance. The very day that the liquidation notice was given to employees, I was at Joes dealing with a rebate I didn't get and I rifle, returned to the factory for replacement. I purchased the propane patio heater to trade for an overhead shop heater for my shop. The normal retail was $199. It was on ad that week for $119. I made the trade. The same heater in the Mt. Vernon Joes has a tag showing the original (remarked up) retail as $299 and now on sale at a liquidation price of $209

A pellet gun or a BB gun might hold you and your kids over until availability returns to normal. However, I don't know how long it will take before people realize that hoarding bullets is like collecting Beanie Babies: They're both pretty *ahem* worthless sitting on your shelf.

I don't think BB or pellet guns are going to be for kids anymore. At this point I'm thinking of getting one. Bi-Mart had plenty of that stuff.

The Bi-Mart limitations are also in place at the Monmouth Bi-Mart, and it works. I stopped in Bi-Mart after four hours of tests this morning and was pleasantly surprised to find a few cases of Rem .223 on the shelves, 8 boxes of .380(!), 6 Mega Packs of .45, and some other random stuff. The nice guy behind the counter informed me that I missed out on all the 9mm . . . well, maybe the 4 box limit is not magic.

Ok...I checked the sign at my store in McMinnville, the sign from the corporate office says...limit of 4 boxes of ammo per caliber, per person, per visit. So if you want more....make more than one visit. It does not state per day. Go to your car...come back in.....But don't get to greedy...share and play nice.

Ok...I checked the sign at my store in McMinnville, the sign from the corporate office says...limit of 4 boxes of ammo per caliber, per person, per visit. So if you want more....make more than one visit. It does not state per day. Go to your car...come back in.....But don't get to greedy...share and play nice.

Bi-Mart in Sandy has the same sign... I bought two cases (250 rounds) of .40 and there was a guy behind me that said "Oh, you are where all the ammo is going..." :s0131::s0131:

Not really... One of the cases was for another NWFA member who couldn't get out to Sandy to buy a case himself, so I was more of a middle-man :cool:

I just talked to a guy at the Thurston Bi-Mart and he said they are not allowed to put restrictions on how much ammo you buy. He said they can try but if you tell them to call the corporate office, he said they will change there tune in a hurry. He said they just had a corporate meeting about this, and they are not allowed to limit you on ammo. Anyway my $.02 on the springfield/eugene area.

The Bi-Mart limitations are also in place at the Monmouth Bi-Mart, and it works. I stopped in Bi-Mart after four hours of tests this morning and was pleasantly surprised to find a few cases of Rem .223 on the shelves, 8 boxes of .380(!), 6 Mega Packs of .45, and some other random stuff. The nice guy behind the counter informed me that I missed out on all the 9mm . . . well, maybe the 4 box limit is not magic.

I asked if they had any 22LR yesterday and they looked at me like I was crazy and said there hadn't been any for weeks. Not seen any 40SW there for weeks.

I was in there two weeks ago and they had a few boxes of .40. I did not do a count, as I don't own a .40 caliber firearm, but the shelves were bare of all handgun ammo when I returned with a friend in the evening!

I'm sure they looked at you like you were crazy when you asked for .22LR, that stuff is rarer than hen's teeth right now. Well, apparently a shop called Gunbroker has a bunch.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top