JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just thought I'd pass along that Bi-Mart has changed their ammo purchase policy to include DAILY limits, not just limits per transaction. Now people can't just walk out to their car and walk back in until all of the ammo is purchased. This is awesome for guys like me, who work during the day and cannot camp out at different stores every morning to sweep up all of the supply.

If I remember correctly, they limit handgun ammo (except .22LR) to 100 rounds per day, .22LR is limited to 200 rounds or 1 larger box per day, and there are other limitations on rifle ammo that I don't remember.

I was able to purchase some ammo at 6:30 pm yesterday after work!

Most stores have this policy once they start getting ammo back in after a "scare". The last time I just sat back and let everybody buy up every rounds of 223/5.56 that they'd get through the door, then after a few months they'd start having huge sales on the pmc stuff cuz they can't move it anymore. Pretty much happens every time lol... Thanks for the heads up though, good to know if someone was expecting to walk in and fill up their basket.

I have not once found any ammunition worth buying at Bi-Mart in Salem. Never any good deals, never anything in stock. Now, understand I am not a regular shopper at Bi-Mart, but whenever I have stopped by out of curiosity to check ammunition availability over the last 2-3 years, ammunition is either overpriced or out of stock. Bi-Mart is typically a big time waster for me.

I have not once found any ammunition worth buying at Bi-Mart in Salem. Never any good deals, never anything in stock. Now, understand I am not a regular shopper at Bi-Mart, but whenever I have stopped by out of curiosity to check ammunition availability over the last 2-3 years, ammunition is either overpriced or out of stock. Bi-Mart is typically a big time waster for me.

Yea, the Bi-Mart in Salem started carrying less and less ammo about 10 years ago. When I lived in Salem I always went to the Bi-Mart in Monmouth, they always had what I needed.

If I waited for sales (pre-panic), I feel like Bi-Mart had some of the best prices I could find in the Portland metro area. I picked up some .22 ammo (Rem Gold Tops) a couple weeks ago for about $18.95 a box of 525. This was not on sale, but it was only $1 more than pre-panic non-sale prices and likely a lot better than any other store's current price.

Most stores have this policy once they start getting ammo back in after a "scare". The last time I just sat back and let everybody buy up every rounds of 223/5.56 that they'd get through the door, then after a few months they'd start having huge sales on the pmc stuff cuz they can't move it anymore. Pretty much happens every time lol... Thanks for the heads up though, good to know if someone was expecting to walk in and fill up their basket.

Agreed. I seem to remember that in 2008 once the daily limits started appearing that the ammo gradually came back. Seems like we may be cresting the hill.

Agreed. I seem to remember that in 2008 once the daily limits started appearing that the ammo gradually came back. Seems like we may be cresting the hill.

It does seem that way. Yesterday I bought some 30 cal bullets and powder which they've not had in 6 months or so. Plus I see they have primers and 40 cal loaded ammo back on the shelves.

Depends on what you're looking for I guess. The one on Lancaster generally had the best prices I could find for CCI .22 in town. They often had .22 Federal and other brands in bulk on sale for $15-18. Decent prices on target load 12 gauge shells too.

I have found ammo at the Salem BiMart the last two weeks. One week I found WWB .40 and the next week I found the same in 9mm. I also found some at the Newberg BiMart this week.I have given up on WalMart, I haven't seen ammo there in forever.

I have just checked my local Bi Mart for ammo for the last time for a while. Nothing but clear dusty shelves and an odd box of .45 of two.
Yesterday Big 5 had 20 or so boxes of Winchester varmit .223 but at $24 a box I passed.
And for folks waiting for a return to "normal" don't hold your breath.

My local Bimarts had WWB in 9mm and Forty stocked, walked out with 2 each. Even got to buy some primers.

I wouldn't say the supply is getting any better, just being at the right place at the right time.

Wednesday I went to the Stayton one and it was bare bones. I haven't seen anything there in a long while. They used to have the best prices out of all the places I would go.

I have heard that Sportsmans on Landcaster is getting some in and more frequently.
This weather makes me want to shoot so bad..

I saw this sign at Bi-Mart:

photo2_zpsdf4a6504.jpg

Got 1 box of 9mm Winchester white box 100 rounds at Salem Bi-mart yesterday for 31.97, that's 32 cents a round. I have not seen a lower price online.

That's no bargin. Walmart sells it for just under $25. The 100 federal is just over $21.

I found some PMC 9 at Bimart a while back but they wanted $17 for a box of 50, I had to pass.

Up until Sandyhook they had 1000/rnd boxes of surplus federal 5.56 55grn fmj. They didn't have it on the shelves or even a tag for it, you had to ask. But luckily someone on here posted it so I asked and they had three cases. It was great plinking ammo. Oh, it was only $299/case. Score!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top